supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message To The East Central Wolverines

I write the following post for myself and my views do not represent the views of the Ohio River Bearcat Organization or Board members!

I mean really, calling us while we are on the bus and telling us that there is not going to be a game tonight because the field is too wet. Who is going to pay for our bus that we just chartered? I hear you all don't want to come here on 8/29 and will take a FF. That move will additionally cost our team a few thousand more in lost $$$. If you all don't show up on 8/29, I don't see why we should have to pay another $1200 for a bus to come up there. We would be -$4,000+ in lost expenses and revenue to the ECW alone at that point if you look at the big picture.

Thanks for putting the "Semi" in Semi-Pro Football. The MFL is a joke if there is not some sort of $$$ penalty for teams that participate in these sorts of actions.

Going forward, to any teams coming to Evansville, you will be treated with a first class field and respect. I am done for now, but Wolverines when and if we do finally play your horrible team, I will take care of it on the field. I hear the all time record for points in a game is 121-0. I say that we run up the damn score on you all and call it a day. Records will be broken!!!

Chris Cooke

Re: Message To The East Central Wolverines

would you rather have drove there and have been told to get on your bus and go home? if they cant play on the field it isnt there fault

Welcome to Amateur football and I stress the Amateur!!!

cooke is a moron
would you rather have drove there and have been told to get on your bus and go home? if they cant play on the field it isnt there fault

No, he would have murdered the players, their families, and anyone else who just happended to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. After all, Chris Cooke is such a beast, the whole world should fear him. Didn't you know??

Chris,

So you want to place blame on the Wolverines because they cannot play on their field? Your an idot. Home fields are not a dime a dozen and when they are told they cannot play on it, they cannot play. Since you don't speak for the board, ask your board about the Forfeit policy of the MFL. Yes you cannot just forfeit without fines, but there is also a clause for for Acts of God, and rain is one of them.

As for your bus, It is your choice to rent a charter bus to travel. In that choice your inherent risk, and cancellations due to weather is one of them. The pirates made the trip down to evansville with 100% attendance, but we didn't rent a bus. We carpooled. The financial risk is too great for our organization to handle. What I am saying is that is your choice, your burden.

Yes your facilities are very nice, and your games are run with class. Your organization is top notch and is a class act, which is more than I can say about your post this morning.

As far as your game, ask your league representative about the Rain Game Makeup policy of the MFL.

John Jackson

We made the call on the field as soon as we possibly could. We would like to have waited until a couple hours before gametime, but you would have been close by then. We did what we had to do in order to preserve the right to play on that field. JJ is right that it's your choice to charter that bus. The LAST thing we want to do is cancel this game and create hardship for your team. Your management knows that. Since we called your team, it has continued to rain on and off here, soaking the field even more. We answer to the pee wee league board and the president happened to be there today doing pee wee sign ups and we all discussed it and decided it was too wet. We are not going to go against them and get thrown off our field. As JJ said, you need to talk to your management about what the rain policy is.

i have no idea who chris cooke is? and it is bs that u got called to hear that the game was cancelled when u were all ready on the way.. im pissed that were not playin aswell.. however just stop w all the shit talking...

take all the pirates "a much better ran team" and the wolverines that are willing and combine into one team....

John Jackson,

I will see you on August 15th...

Everyone else,

My point is, I don't believe that weather and field crap for a minute. They just don't want to play us period. I mean, they have made it clear that they don't want to come down here.

Say what you want about me, I don't really give a crap. I am just sick of joke teams playing on Pee Wee fields screwing with my time and effort.

I don't see the MFL being around after this year unless changes are made.

I am going to take a stand on this as well. Chris does have a point. Somewhere in the line with the team that has over a hundred points scored on them in two games tells me that if they keep up their record, come game time in Evansville, what makes you think they want to make a trip to Evansville, get manhandled, and told to take their bus ride home? I see where both parties are coming from and being a "recent" bearcat from last year, I know of 2 or three of our games were forfeit at home last year with a no show and I believe that possibly a couple teams are still together to this year. We didn't here word for a couple our games until last minute. Refs were on hand, bus was ready to go, field was prepped. Yes the bearcats have a great field, class act, and is at one on top, but it's because the strive of what the players want. Hell, we could be playing on our peewee practice field, have you come to our game and not have the grass cut to try and slow players down, no vacancies, but the bearcats bust all ass to make sure "our" guest have turf, a stadium, a game to play in the rain.. Last year because a team waited until the last minute to make their decision, I lost my job to play that game, and I built hate for teams like that. You can't help the rain but a make-up game will be scheduled and bet your ass the bearcats will be there with large numbers and wanting a hefty score. Chris your words matter but in this case, the league talks about fixing problems. If the problems were fixed, I would be playing. See you guys in Evansville.

Nick,

Well stated!

Trust me, if there is a make up date for this game, an example will be made!

i am not afriad of u i know who u are u not scary us as a team we are not scared of noone just stop chris what u gonna put people outta there misery oh my watch out for the big bad chris lol get a life we use the field it belongs to the pee wee league and they dont wanna tear it up and them not get to use it at all u know chris they have makeup day for rained out games man u r stupid

I am not happy about this happening but I would not risk our field either. Yes we lost money on it and yes we will lose money on the forfeit on Aug 29. These are things that are out of our control. Focus on the Wildcats game next week and move on. I will throw this out there I do not think the Wolverines are scared to play anyone. They are obviously not where they want to be but I don't think they have backed down from anyone. The reason for their forfeit is because they have people that have obligations that day. Wolverines good luck to you next week.

wolverine 22
i am not afriad of u i know who u are u not scary us as a team we are not scared of noone just stop chris what u gonna put people outta there misery oh my watch out for the big bad chris lol get a life we use the field it belongs to the pee wee league and they dont wanna tear it up and them not get to use it at all u know chris they have makeup day for rained out games man u r stupid

Lmao wolverine 22 I think u just signed your death certificate Somebodys going to hurt u for that post.

The Wolverines are not afraid to play anyone. We played last week outmanned against the Force and did not back down. I have personally played against the very best defensive lines in this league and never been afraid to face any of them. I've faced many guys who are bigger, stronger, and faster than me. Sometimes I hold my own, sometimes I don't. But I've never backed down on a single play in this league. Not one time. Neither have any of our guys. I have been in the north division for 3 years. Ask Brian Raber, Wayne Wolf, or Mike Ritchea what kind of guys Cecil and I are. Ask Mike Rindone. We did not want to cancel this game. We had to make a judgement call this morning. We didn't have the luxury of waiting all day because you had to drive so far. If you had gotten here and were told you couldn't play, you'd have been a hell of a lot more upset.

As far as the 8/29 game, I talked to Zach about that as soon as the schedule came out. Our owner cannot afford to go so we're not going. That is plenty of time for you guys to schedule an opponent from another league to fill that day. That will keep you guys from losing money. I apologized profusely to Zack on the phone this morning. That's the best I can do.

Our players will not be threatened on this board or anywhere else. You guys are not the only ones upset with us, we had our own players pissed at us too. We made a call that we knew would not be popular. I'm saying right now that any retaliation on the field from our players or yours will be referred to the league. This is ridiculous!

who the hell is just looking in... imgaine that someone on supafan talkin shit but hiding behind a fake name

Bill,

I know Chris and he didn't mean physically hurt anyone. The game will be played clean. If I found out a player purposefully injured another player I would turn that over to the proper authorities. I will not allow that kind of a person on this team.

This is to everyone: Remember that this is a game. That is it and nothing more. We all have to go to work on Monday morning. This game will be played and it will be done clean and professionally by all sides. I know that is how I want it and I am sure that is how Bill and Cecil want it. End this thread and concentrate on next week. Good Luck to the Wolverines next week.

Jake,

I just talked to Zach on the phone and I agree, this thread needs to die. I appreciate what you said and rest assured we feel the same way. We will not go into this makeup game with bad blood and no dirty play will be tolerated from our players either. I do respect Chris for at least posting his name on here which is more than a lot of people do. I understand he's upset. Trust me, we feel really bad about the situation.

Chris,

Here is the way I see it, if the Wolverines are so sure that they would have lost this game why would they want to delay the inevitable right? I mean you guys are a good football team but let's be honest...if they were gonna lose the game anyway they should have just let you come up and pad the stats against them!! Ask Mike Rindone from the Wildcats, they have to answer to a Little League organization and they have had to push games around because of ACTS OF GOD!!!

When will this game be rescheduled?

i know games are made up on labor day weekend and the week before the playoffs but i think itll probably be labor day just think when noone else is playin u will be

Here's the thing, I fully understand Chris Cooke's point of view and the fact that he is angry/annoyed by the let down of not playing on Saturday. I arrived at the field having driven an half hr. and even I was pissed at the fact someone did not notify me earlier that the game was canceled. Majority of the players felt the same way and I think it's safe to say the owners could have done a much better job in handling this. I personally felt the field was playable but I also understand that there are a lot of things that go into determining that.
Now, on Chris Cooke and others threatening us with all this claims of running up the score and bs, one word..WOW. Do you think for one moment you scare us or you have us shaking with your ridiculous attempt to vent your frustration. We wanted to played...truth is we could care less who we play, we'd play an NFL team if we could. We just love to play, its that simple. We know we lack the depth and numbers to truly compete in this league but we still pad on and stare defeat right in the face and take it head on knowing one thing...WE WOULD NOT QUIT!!! So we say to you, Chris Cooke and everyone out there who tries to insult us...BRING IT! cos at the end of the game, we would walk or limp off that field win or lose with a smile on our faces knowing we left our all on the field and that's all we ever ask. Your silly attempt to bully me or any of my teammates is laughable. Don't come here and disrespect the Wolverines. If you have any complaints take it up with those people privately like civilized people do.

Wolvs-21,

I can certainly appreciate your position. However you will receive no further insult from our organization. Our guys and your guys both wanted to play this game. Some were a little more upset than others as you can see.

But I will say that your owners handled this as well as they possibly could. From what Bill told me Saturday, the youth league director requested they not play on that field. Could we have played on it? Sure. Would it be worth the risk to your organization to possibly lose your field for the year? I strongly doubt it. Especially if you guys love playing the way you say you do.

Bill's decision was also in consideration of our team as well. Our bus was scheduled to leave at 10 a.m. our time. That doesn't leave much time for us to plan for a late cancellation. Us getting the call before our departure potentially saved us 1200 dollars and 11 wasted hours on the road.

We will get this game in. And hopefully the members of both our organizations will have cooler heads by then.

The ownership/management of both teams have communicated extensively on this and it's been settled. I know Zach and I both worked well into Saturday evening putting out this fire. However, since our player questioned our decision, I'll say again that we had to make that call in the morning to keep the Bearcats from already being on the way. At the time we made the call, the field was soaked, it was drizzling and nasty, and more was coming. By the time our players arrived at the field at 3 pm (which was for a mandatory meeting that we didn't cancel) it was sunny and the field was drying. It was still very sloppy in spots. I'm not sure whether we would have been able to play or not, but we did not have the luxury of waiting until 2 or 3 pm to make the decision. As Zach already said, we called them before they left avoiding a great expense to them. We had an obligation to them to do that.

I appreciate that both team's players are this upset. That shows how much they love playing this game. And that's awesome and I'm glad our guys are that fired up to play. This was not an easy situation for any of us to deal with and we did the best we could. I'm done commenting on this now. I spent my whole Saturday dealing with this and I'm moving on. I'm betting Zach and Jake feel the same way.