supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Simple question WHY NO PLAY CLOCKS

When I watch a game I enjoy being able to see a play clock I have been to two games this year ( no need to mention where or which league ) and at no time was there a play clock in use the refs were keeping it on the field. You would think that at this level with scoreboards being operated by those who know what they are doing there could be a play clock in operation, no I think the play clock should be in operation and if it isn't the home team should be flagged.
It adds to the excitement of the game and I would think that it would be a league requirement

Re: Simple question WHY NO PLAY CLOCKS

I've got a simple answer for simple man. This is amateur football, aka semi-pro. Most teams are lucky to have a field to play on, let alone fancy score boards or play clocks. Yes, it would be a nice luxory to have a play clock at each and every field (and a volunteer to work it), but it's just not possible at this level of play.

This will also depend on the time allotted for the play. Some schools have a play clock for 25 seconds or it is programed that way. So if there is a 35 second play clock then the school migh tnot allow the change or it cannot be changed.

Thank you forthe answers maybe I'm just strange but it adds excitement to the game for me

simple man if u want to see a game with a good field take a trip down south to the Bearcats best field i have ever seen in the state.If anyone gets a chance to play or see them play on that field enjoy it you will not see one better in this state.

As a player....I wish it would feasable for every game to have a play clock...
Seriously....
Offensively, in Semipro, you cant huddle like in college or pro 5 yards away, because there is no crowd downing out the noise...so the huddle is 10yards off the ball....
Now you have an official telling you 10 seconds...5 seconds....heck, there has been a time I think that the play was over, I made it back to the huddle, and the offical was saying 10 seconds....now I'm fat and slow..but come on...

I hate it when any type of clock...Game or Play Clock is in the hands of a Official....
Think about it....
Only people on the field gettng paid are the Officials, and now you are letting him control a clock.....