supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dad how come

Dad;
I have a question and I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but how come you are always at football practice and on Saturday we can't go to the fair or fishing or anything because your team has a game, Mom always takes us hoping that we will get to see you make a play or maybe hit teh block that springs someone for a touchdown but hope as we may we usually only get to see you stand on the sideline or maybe get in for a couple plays. We hear you come home and complain after the games that guys who don't even come to practice get most of the playing time and we just don't understand why you keep getting lied to and sometimes we get lied to as well remember we were supposed to go to Kings Island and you said we didn't have the money to go because you had to pay a big player fee but then we also hear you talking about there are many guys who didn't pay that fee yet.
Sometime just isn't right here Dad we lose you on practice days and game days, we have to give up trips because of players fees that not everyone is made to pay and we just think it isn't fair oh sure the coaches talk to you because you are up-set and promise you more playing time but it never comes and the same guys who are above practice and player fees always get the playing time. I'm asking each and every player / Father to reevaluate your situations and if all you are is practice fodder for those who play and you are risking an injury that could affect your family then stop what you are doing remember if you aren't there the others will have to show up and practice or there team will suck. Remember guys there will only be one fall of 2009 and familes should always come first remember this is semi-pro football nobdy gets paid and you risk getting hurt and missing work each time you attend a practice or a game. Show you children that they are not in second place spend some family time with them do let ANYONE USE YOU!!!!! Don't take away from family to give your time to someone who could care less about you as a person.
If you have read this post and stop and think for a minute and it sounds like you then maybe you need to re-think how much you are taking away from your family and how much time you are giving to a team that doesn't care. Now no team has been mentioned on this so maybe this one will not turn into a bash thread.

Re: Dad how come

I know exactly how you feel. Always have paid the fee and some guys don't even pay or show up to practice and they get everything they want.

Definately puts a different perspective on it.

agree
I know exactly how you feel. Always have paid the fee and some guys don't even pay or show up to practice and they get everything they want.

I put this post out here because I know that this does happen and with some teams it is a given certain players will never be required to attend practice preform fund raising but as soon as game day rolls around they are number one with the coaching staff never mind what has been given up or taken away from families, guys you have a choice play someplace else or better yet blow off practice yourself be a superstar for a week or two and see how they run a practice without those of you who make it possible to have one just stay home one week it won't kill you and when it comes to fees if everyone doesn't pay then ask for yours back why make you family miss out on a night at the fair or a trip to Kings Island or Holiday World tell'em you have made yourself a super star for a week and watch them break out in a sweat

Players not coming to practice and getting all the playing time in games is one thing. How about when coaches don't come on a regular basis and then their the ones deciding who plays and who sits? I mean if you go to practice and have a great practice and there wore no coaches there to see it, did you really have a good practice?

Although I understand where this poster is coming from, being the wife of a player and having children together, football season can be hard at times. But, I love my husband dearly and I know that he loves the game of football. He is deeply involved with the team and spends alot of time and money with the team. I would never think of asking him to quit doing what he loves to do. I have spent alot of time dreading Saturdays, and used to get pissy and feel left out. I decided if you can't beat em, join em. I became more involved with the team and now, I love Satudays. I have met alot of different people, people that I have something in common with. Football. I feel like part of the football family. Even my children are involved with the team and love helping out. I know that if I ever had a problem, I could call one of many guys on the team and they would be there. That feeling and knowing that my husband is happy doing what he loves and has friends that he can count on is worth a few months of him being busy with football. I have him for the other 9 months of the year.

Well said ifl wife! Your family has to be behind you all the way. Some men have different hobbies! The love of the game is what it is all about! There is only a short span of your life that your body can take this kind of contact sport. If it is what you love to do how can you let that pass you bye. If you don't trully love the game of football then stop bitching and don't play the game! Its all about the love of the game!!!!!!!It is a awesome sport that bonds men in a true brotherhood! Plus you get to release your inner crazy man for 60 minutes a week!! Where else can ya do that!!! Love the game of Football!!!

IFL Wife with families like you supporting your husband/Dads. Is what makes a team a stronger Family.
God Bless you and all the families and Teams