supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/01 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Top of the Morning, SupaNation. August is nearly upon us and the season has moved along much more quickly than I expected. While my time is fairly limited this week , I elected to push through and crank out your predictions on time so as to avoid the riots which my tardiness has provoked in the past. I can say, that each of these games is worthy of lengthier prose than I am able to offer, so as usual- do not take my parsimony to be a slight, as nothing could be further from the truth. Can't wait to see several of these games - with my own eyes or on YouTube- so let's get to it!

Adams County Patriots @ Madison County Pirates

Dane's boys are over the hump and looking to make some noise. Pats are down but NOT out. Best race for MFL title EVER in 09. The hosts get the W.

Pirates 22
Patriots 12

West Central Wildcats vs. Ohio River Bearcats

Having seen the Wildcats with my own eyes, this may be the best team ever in Brazil. The Bearcats are tough anywhere, but perhaps unbeatable down on the river.

Bearcats 26
Wildcats 22

Lima Warriors @ Metro Detroit Wolverines

Lima is still a powerhouse and would beat many of the teams in this region on the road. The Wolverines are a tough matchup for the visitors and a hard nut to crack at home.

Wolverines 24
Warriors 18

Kentucky Wolverines @ Miami Valley Warriors

These are not the Wolverines of old, nor the Warriors of years past. This might well be the best Warriors team on record and the long road trip will bring fresh meat to the Valley.

Warriors 25
Wolverines 10

Indiana Generals @ Noble County Wolfpack

The Generals bandwagon is full- so you might want to catch a ride with the Wolfpack. These are the IFL's two best stories in years and I'm not to proud to say that I was surprised by both. Very close, but the visitors get this one.

Generals 19
Wolfpack 6

St Joe County Panthers @ Kosciusco County Mustangs

Even with the Mustang passing attack greatly diminished, the Panthers are in for a long day in Bourbon. The Mustangs have athletes to spare, and the score will reflect the mismatch.

Mustangs 51
Panthers 6

Indianapolis Stampede @ Midstate Steel

Which Stampede will make the trip to the perennial powerhouse Steel? My guess is a team with less depth and confidence than the one that might play host later this year.

Steel 26
Stampede 12

Indiana Titans @ Chicago Thunder

Even if the Titans did not face difficult odds before the change of venue, one cannot imagine a scenario in which the visitors come out of the land of Thunder with a W. Lots of big hits in this one, but a lopsided outcome.

Thunder 34
Titans 13

Ohio Force @ Indiana Cardinals

Though they will be playing host, the Cardinals offense is still missing in action. The Force have proven that they will be contenders, but last week's loss has put a damper on their confidence. This week's win will help, but the Cards are the best winless team in the region.

Force 26
Cardinals 0

East Central Wolverines @ Miami County Blitz

Once again, I give unmitigated props to the Wolverines for continuing to push through a season without much prospect for wins. Going to play Brian "website, we don't need no stinking website" Raber is not a good way to get your offense going, but the ECW must press on.

Blitz 31
Wolverines 0

Tri County Raiders @ Elkhart Shamrock

While the boys from Etown came out firing last week, it is hard to tell if they can sustain the offensive surge made possible by the Panther turnovers. The Raiders do not match up well with the boys in green, but they're not the Panthers, either.

Shamrock 26
Raiders 8

Mid Ohio Jets @ Miami Valley Black Out

The Jets are looking to mop up the HFL and the BlackOut are among the only obstacles thereto. The Jets crushed the visiting BlackOut in the first meeting, and will have little more trouble disposing of a very good team this time.

Jets 26
BlackOut 12

Okay, kids. Get yourselves off to work today and get prepared for a great day of football tomorrow. Play every minute like it will be your last and leave it all between those white lines. In so doing, you will most certainly make your mommas proud!

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/01 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Raiders 7, Shamrock 27. Hope that your two guys that got hurt will be able to bounce back, good luck with your season.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/01 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Cutters win 28-3 over the crush

at the half wolfpack 3 generals 0

gonna be an interesting game and ill

keep the updates coming...

4th quarter same score from the gen/pack game
3-0 wolfpack under 13min to go

Bearcats 21 Wildcats 6 at halftime. So far so good for the home team. Doing great guys! Had to leave, pouring rain.. Let me know final score

generals 7
wolfpack 5

they will fill you in on the details...
generals take safety to ice game or something along those lines...

kurt36

cardinals win 28 to 20

Patriots 14
Pirates 2
More details to follow

mustangs 58 panthers 0

Wildcats 6
Bearcats 33

Blitz 60
Wolverines 0

Miami Valley Warriors-26
Kentucky Wolverines-24

Warriors score game winning TD with only 24 seconds left on the clock. We trailed throughout, even by 10 in the 4th quarter. The Wolverines brought it as this loss more than likely ocst them the playoffs. We travel to Lima next Saturday to take on the Ohio Outlawz hoping to lock up home field advantage for the first two rounds of the playoffs. Once again we take on an opponent fighting for their playoff lives, as a victory and some luck will get the Outlawz in.

Actually the Ohio Outlawz play in Kenton, not Lima.

Lima Warriors-27
Metro Detroit Wolverines-12

In what was a defensive battle in the first half, the Warriors walk away from Ecorse Michigan with a victory essentially locking up home field advantage through the entire USFA playoffs, including the championship game.

Paced by Kaene Runion's 3 touchdown passes to Bobby Huttis, Porfirio Sutton and Joe Butcher, and Brent Ridenhour adding 36 and 38 yard field goals, the Warriors rode that and a tough defensive effort to the win. Chris Brooks chipped in with two sacks and an interception while Kyle Dickerson and Mel Griffin jumped on two Wolverine fumbles. The Lima Warriors conclude the 2009 season in Clyde, Oh. against the 1-9 Northwest Ohio Raiders. As always the game will be broadcast live by Aaron Matthews and Devon Jones at www.limawarriors.com.

Both players are going to be ok, thank you for the check up. One has a strained groin muscle, the other had a slight concussion and will be out for a few to make sure he is right.

Again thanks for the check up, and we hope your two guys carried off both make speedy recovery and are back on the field as soon as possible.

It was a good game, and you guys played us hard and clean, for that we thank you. Good Luck the rest of the season, you guys are a class team.

Coach Naegele