supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prayers for Big Joe (OForce77)

Big joe was taken to the hospital in Ft. Wayne during our game with the cards. It turns out that Joe dislocated his ankle and broke several bones as well. It looked nasty. He just got out of surgery and will be done for the rest of the season. I have played with you for 5 years and I hope this wont be the last. Get well soon bud!

Re: Prayers for Big Joe (OForce77)

he will be missed this season joe was the heart and soul of our o-line get well soon man

On behalf of the Cardinals we wish Joe a speedy recovery.

I have seen three cardinals games this year and all three times they've broke someone's leg/ankle somehow. Titans, Pirates, Force have all lost players for the season (maybe longer) due to the low hits by the cards. C'mon, men, we all have to work on monday....

r u serious. its football and unfortunately those things happen. and its not like they were cut blocks. arent u coached on defense to tackle low. probly shouldnt even respond to whoever posted but dont want people thinking we play dirty. and we hope all the guys make full recoveries and can play again if they so choose

the player from the titans was not hit low he made a tackle and as he was falling back his leg got hit and tangled up in the pile. the player from the pirates got stopped at the line and then stopped moving his feet. i did not see the injury saturday but these were all freak accidents its horrible to see it happen. our job on the football field is to hurt each other it is a violent game thats why we all love it but nobody wants to see anyone get injured. i hope all these dudes recover well.

There is an old trick that NFL players use to use. They would stand on the feet of running back when they get stood up in a gang tackle, and then as the RB falls backwards, they either twist their ankles or break them. The NFL now fines players for making such moves.

One or two broken ankles mishap, but three, and with the way the cardinals play, I think it needs looked into more.

Two of the three injuries occured to lineman how in the hell can we intentionally hurt a linemans leg, b4 real.

This is a violent sport we choose to play, but i assure you none of our players play dirty. Two of the guys were lineman and may have got stepped on or fell on. We all have to go to work on monday so i hate to see guys get hurt playin a game we all love! For the guy who said we are a dirty team if you havent played against us please dont downgrade my squad!

I cannot believe someone would actually suggest that the Cardinals would intentionally hurt someone, to break their leg, in the name of football. Football in itself is a physical sport, that is what we are playing. Contact football, not flag. If you were in fact at all three games, then you should have seen these were not low hits.Before you start to critize my ball players. you should have your facts in order. I myself talked to the Force player and he himself told me what happened. It had nothing to do with a player hitting him.
It is indeed unfortunate what has happened to these players. I am truly sorry that they have been hurt. The entire Cardinal family, wish them a speedy recovery. What you have posted is a defination of character. I take offense to that. The Cardinals play football, like all the other teams. I invite you and anyone else to our games, tape us, if you think these are intentional low hits. Who are you that you have been to all 3 games.. Next time you are at our game..Please introduce yourself to me. I am not hard to find.. I am Coach MOM..

To be honest I have heard that you Cardinals were dirty. Now that i have played against you I can say that you just play the game with passion. I would not consider you guys dirty. You guys were talkin with me the whole game out of fun, not tryin to hurt me. The injury was just a freak accident.

I just wanted to say that the Cardnials did play us clean! From what Joe told me as well,it was just a accident.

I believe as a team we had a hard time focusing after seeing a fellow brother lying on the groung screaming in pain. It is easy to see yourself lying there and that can really screw u up mentaly!! On any play on any game it could happen to any of us. No player wants to think about it, but when it happens, u can't run from the thoughts poping in your head.

Joe is a huge part of our team as well as our offensive line and his spot will not be easy to try and fill.

There was ALOT of HARD hitting going on and we had several players injured at Sat. game, from sprained ankles to possible dislocated shoulders, and I can only hope they will be ok for our home game this week, but that is part of the game we accept as football players. It did not help that this past Thursday at practice we lost a guard with a torn tendon or ligament in his calf area. Injurys are starting to add up to quick for us, but to honor our fallen ..we will fight on the best we can and make adjustments as our numbers will allow us to!!

Get well soon my brother Joe!! U r in my thoughts and prayers!!

Just so ALL the teams mentioned are represented. I play for the Pirates and or full back #42 broke 3 bones and tore a tendon in the game with the Cards, They are a great team the injury was not intentional. He was stopped by there D and our O was behind him pushing and there was a pile and his leg was crushed. You will see every player on our team wearing the numbers 42 and 2 for the rest of the year. We have a player with a blood diorder that is causing nerve damage to his legs #2. We are honoring them and it might be a good idea for other teams to do the same for there fallen shipmates.

In reviewing the above posts, as a physician, I have come to the conclusion that football is a violent sport. :) Some injuries can be prevented while others cannot. Most people don't know this but soccer actually has the most injuries per person of any sport. Not football, not hockey, not rugby.

We have played the Cards and they are not a dirty team. We have a few teams that are dirty in this league but the Cards are definitely not one of them. We need to remember that we all go to work on Monday morning. I, for one, enjoy playing this sport and do not want my season shortened because of a cheap stunt. Punching players in the stomach, leg whips, leg locks, aiming for kneecaps with helmets, etc. have no business in this league. If performed, they need to be dealt with appropriately.

My thoughts and prayers to those that are injured for a complete and speedy recovery!!

I thank the teams that have played us and can honestly say that Cardinals play football for the love of the game. I have sons that are on this team, I would hate to see one of them hurt. As I hate to see anyone hurt. Those that know me, know I would not tolerate any cheap shots. Again the Cardinal family wish all those hurt, a speedy recovery. Good luck to all the rest of the season..

I will say this, there is a VERY strong rivalry between the Pats and the Cardinals. Even with that, there has always been clean games between the two. I can honestly say that, imo, that with probably the cleanest team (Force) we had guys coming to sidelines claiming bad hits, cheap shots, and botched calls. This is football ladies. Injuries happen. I for one know. Seperated both shoulders, dislocated my main hand thumb, and have issues with my MCL now due to our game against the Generals this year which has led me from player to D coach. Accidents happen.
I obviously wasn't at the last Cards game but feel pretty confident in saying that these freak accidents are probably no more than that....freak accidents.
We all play to win and would do just about anything to do so. When you pay to play a game, all you have is your pride.
Best of wishes to Big Joe and his recovery.

this was a hard fought game the cards played hard game. Yes there were some hard hits, maybe even some dirty ones but after watching the film Joe was not hit dirty he just got stuck between a rock and a hard place and fell on it wrong.

P.S. Cards will see you at home and with good refs

What is up SUPA NAAATIOON!!! all is well I plan on making a return at or around the playoffs, It was a pretty sick injury and it sucked to have to stare at my ankle sittin sideways for a couple hours waiting to go into surgery, but it was definately no dirty play, the Cardinals arnt dirty they just play extremely hard, with that said though I do question some of the sportsmanship from several of their players Im not blind it was fairly obvious to see some of there players and even a coach celebrating or high fiving eachother if you will after it happened, I remember it all and our team had gotten a big 1st down on the play we were winning the game so there wasnt much to celebrate for the cards, its all good though what doesnt kill you makes you stronger and I WILL be back on the field!!!!!

This is great news! Not to mention a great sentiment followed.

We are grateful for your eventual return to the field and for the fact God layed hands on you to recovery.

Welcome back!

Vince