supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Home Field Advantage

This thread should be interesting and have a good debate. Where is it evident that "the home field advantage" comes into play? I am not looking for drive time because some teams don't have as far as others to travel but where is it that visiting teams hate to go because of field conditions, home team fans, or whatever. Also where do you like to travel to. Even though your the visiting team you don't mind playing there. Again take tavel time out of the equation.

Re: Home Field Advantage

I hate playing the Mustangs at home!!! They have a good following and they play tough all the time but play especially well at home! Not to mention it is one hell of a drive from Bloomington and we traveled there twice last year.

I know it isn't the IFL, but look up the travel distance between Lima, Ohio and Glasgow, Kentucky.

Then tell me how brutal the travel is in the IFL and MFL.....

oh dont get me wrong lol...This is why I play in the IFL. The travel is not as bad as other leagues. I played with the Sabers in the MSFL and we had 6,7, and 8 hour trips. That was rough.

I can't say that I have really seen the home field advantage effect in my 4 years in the IFL. It is a pain in the ass to travel, don't get me wrong, but as far as the advantage the home team gains on the field, I guess I have not seen it. I think a lot of it depends on where you home field is. I would rather travel a couple hours to play on a nice high school field rather than play in a corn field at home. I think like most folks in this leauge, I get jacked when I get to play under the lights, or at least a field that looks like a field. I think to it depends on how well your fans travel. The two away games we have had this year, our sideline has had more fans than the other side line, so it kind of makes you feel just as supported as if you were at home.