supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/08 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. All apologies again for the delay, but I am excited to be back at you and calling a few great games this weekend. I hope to get out and see a couple more this weekend and will be bringing my own water as temperatures look to climb to the middle 90s across the region. Let's just hope the action on the field remains as hot as the forecast. Let's get to it!!

Noble County WolfPack @ Indiana Cutters

Let me say it clearly so everyone can understand- the Pack are much better than expected and stand to be a serious force in the IFL for a long time. They are, however, going to Bloomington. The Cutters have not yet found 5th gear, but this may be the week.

Cutters 21
Wolfpack 6

Adams County Patriots @ Ohio River Bearcats

I can certainly agree that this will be a great game. I want to be clear that I've not counted the Pats out for 09, but their days as the sole superpower in the MFL have certainly passed. The long trip down to the river will not help the Pats (homefield DOES matter) and the Bearcats establish themselves as the team to beat.

Bearcats 26
Patriots 8

Lima Warriors @ NorthWest Ohio Raiders

The Warriors are on the road but face an opponent not worth mentioning. This is a good tune up before a lot of big games in the near future. Make sure to get those third and fourth string guys in, coach!

Warriors 44
Raiders 0

Miami Valley Warriors @ Ohio Outlawz

The Warriors are in dangerous territory with this ballgame. They are a much more talented team, but have yet to reach their full potential and a team like the Outlawz with big play ability might just sneak up on them. The Warriors keep their big homes alive, but just barely. Special teams will have made ALL of the difference here.

Warriors 29
Outlawz 27

Kosciusco Mustangs @ Elkhart Shamrock

Once again, it is important to point out that the Stangs are the most consistently strong program in the history of the IFL. There is good reason for this. They travel very well and have athletes at almost every position. The Rock may play host (and have a better seat at Between the Buns) but they will be seriously outmanned in this one- high voltage passing attack or not.

Mustangs 31
Shamrock 6

Madison County Pirates @ East Central Wolverines

I know I sound like a broken record here and the failed trip down to Eville notwithstanding, I have a world of respect for the ECW. They continue to fight hard against great odds when it is clear that the season is unlikely to hold an opportunity for a W. This week is no different, as the Pirates will again find their footing and regain confidence. Character has a way of revealing itself in a blowout- on both sides.

Pirates 36
Wolverines 0

Miami County Blitz @ Ohio Force

From whence came the offensive explosion apparent in last week's Blitz game? One can only imagine that Raber rented himself a pro bowl quarterback or there were A LOT of turnovers in this one, and I am banking on the latter. The Blitz are unlikely to have any such luck this week as they hit the road to face a real title contender in the Force. Look for big hits a low score here.

Force 16
Blitz 6

Better late than never, brothers and sisters. Enjoy your weekend and stay hydrated in that heat. Leave it all between the white lines and be sure to make your mommas proud!

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/08 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Apologies for the omission, but I am happy to add the call of the Crush/Generals game below:

Classic City Crush @ Indiana Generals

Much has been made of the Generals offense and its coaching staff- both of which are agreeably above par in the IFL. Both of which are good reasons why the Generals are a bigger part of the title hunt than ever before. What has been spoken of fairly little, though, is that quality of the Generals defense. This unit has looked -in it's bend, don't break approach- unbeatable so far in this young season. The Crush will travel down to Indy to find a team much deeper and better prepared than their own, but not leaps and bounds more talented or better disciplined. This is a compliment to the Crush- who- like the Generals were for so long, are just a few pieces short of being a GREAT team. Though the score this weekend will not reflect it, both teams will walk away from this game with a better inventory of what they need to do over the course of the next several weeks to be where they want to be in October.

Generals 31
Crush 0

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 08/08 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

this is the week the wolverines finally get on the board... however they cant stop the other team.... 36-6

Force 24
Blitz 6

Hard fought game between these 2 teams. Even with light travel from the Blitz, all the praise in the world for playing a tough game.

Mustangs 12 Shamorck 20 (I think) Both teams played witha lot of passion and desire, and wanted the win. Hope both sides injuries get heal quickly.

cardinals 21 wildcats 14

Pirates 44 - Wolverines 0
Thanks Cecil and Bill for the good game. And told you Cecil couldn't stay off the field

Generals 51 - Crush 7

Crush are hard nose football team. They gave us everything they had. Good luck next week.

Bearcats 32
Patriots 30

titans 26 bucks 19 titans break losing streak

Cutters 10, Wolfpack 6

Israel Thompson's rushing TD at the halftime horn proved the winning margin as both defenses pitched second-half shutouts. Wolfpack was driving for a potentially game-winning TD when a fumble recovered on the Cutter 3-yard-line ultimately sealed things.

Two stout defenses, and an impressive performance from Thompson (and the Cutter front line)

Anyone have the score of the Radiers-Panthers game?

Early Morning Scores report

Wolfpack 6 @ Cutters 10
Crush 7 @ Generals 51
Mustangs 12 @ Shamrock 20
Pirates 44 @ Wolverines 0
Blitz 6 @ Force 24
Wildcats 14 @ Cardinals 21
Patriots 30 @ Bearcats 32
Indiana Mustangs 0 @ Fire 27
Titans 26 @ Buccaneers 19
Stampede 8 @ Lions 28
Steelers 7 @ Plowmen 47

Missing
Warriors @ Chicago Wolverines
Raiders @ St Joe Panthers

Raiders 30- Panthers 21. good played game both teams!

Rest of the scores

Warriors 7 @ Chicago Wolverines 6
Great Lakes Wolfpack 0 @ Firehawks 14
Raiders 30 @ St Joe Panthers 21

Warriors clinch #2 seed in the USFA Western Conference with a 19-6 road victory over the Ohio Outlawz. Warriors finish the regular season at 10-1 and will be home next weekend for the first round for what looks to be a very tough USFA playoffs.

Lima Warriors 48
NWO Raiders 6

After playing flat for the first half, and only holding a 7-6 lead at half time, Lima makes the necessary adjustments to blow this game open in the second half. Aided by two touchdown passes from Kaene Runion to Bobby Huttis for one yard and Deondre Holt for 25, the Warrior offense got it in gear to roll to the victory. Wayne LeGrant added a 74 yard punt return to spark the offense, he would later add a 48 yard interception return for a score. Lima's ground game was punishing as Drew Cleckly, David Phillips, Jeremy Bott and Derrick Santos all added rushing touchdowns. The Defense was paced by Bernard Austin's three sacks, another from Chris Brooks and fumble recoveries from Barry Peel and Joe Clinger.

With the win the Lima Warriors have secured homefield advantage all the way through the USFA playoffs, including the title game should we make it that far. This is the 6th consecutive division championship across three leagues for Lima and the 8th consecutive winning season. For more information, www.limawarriors.com.

Bad coaching lost this one for us....no back up qb????hmmmmm think we would have learned our lesson when we first lost mike but no....not being prepared is our motto!!! Lets run a 4-4 vs the spread...great move coach!!!! Lets put a lineman at qb.....lets play subpar athletes when you have better ones on the bench...lets let a lineman play linebacker when he runs a 6 flat 40 time....lets pass when we have no Qb....lets run the same defensive play over and over....no game adjustments...wtf!!!i wonder why we lose the close games......hmmmmmmm