supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brent & JT

I know a lot about both of these teams so I will tell a little bit of info.
One thing that a lot of you players on both of the Cutters and Generals dont know is that Brent and JT are really close friends. Now with Jim Allen leaving the Cutters for what ever reason he did and going to the Generals this might have cuased a rift between the two. Both of these men have their own way of coaching. Brent is more of the Tony Dungy type.Speaks loud enough for you to hear him, Working on X's & O's and fundimentals to the T. A basic offense that has a power running game and a passing game to control the game. This is what wins games. Trying to do to much can cost you a game.
JT is like Pual Bear Bryant. Loud,angry and rules with a Iron fist. His way or hit the highway. A one of a kind O.C. & Head Coach.
What Brent has done with the cutters is amazing. He took a first year in the MFL nad was one play away from being in the championship game. The only losses the Cutters had was to the Dragons and the Patriots.
Two damn good teams. Then He takes the Cutters to the IFL and in their second year they only lose one game and win the championship. He had to take some Dragons,Broncos and Cutters and make them mix as one team,Not easy to do but he did it. Now look at the team this year. No one was coming to practice at first and there was talks that the team was not the same as last year. What does Brent do, he get his team to 4-0 and has no sign of slowing down.
JT built the Dragons from the ground up. In their first year they went undefeated and won the ship. Next year undefeated and lost in the ship. Helped out the cutters a small bit and won a ship with them.
Now this year. The Generals was a give 110% but never get that big win team. JT came in a hit that team like a Tornado. Life long Generals gone,key players for them in the past sitting the bench not touching the field at all. He came and has been doing it his way. The only thing wrong with his way is that its not the General way. I was at the Generals Crush game and JJ was so pissed off he could'nt even talk. One has to wonder if the Gnerals are starting to wish they never got JT to coach them.
Bottom line is this. Brent will be gone next year. He is ready to move on. He has had a blast but he is just burned out.
JT will be gone next year. He is to good of a coach to be in the IFL MFL MSFL. The only league in semipro football he should be coaching in is the NAFL. Triggs do yourself a favor and get this man as your coach. Championships will follow.
I hope that with all the BS thats going on Brent and JT can meet @ the 50 yard line and still shake hands and be friends. Friendship is worth more than a damn football game.

Re: Brent & JT

Finally some common sense on this board. Bravo to both men and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Only time will tell what the future holds for each of these guys and yes it is sad that football can and does come between friends this season has seen many friendships strained not only with these two teams but teams up North as well,,, splits happen look at the wolfpack and mustangs they split some players and there are hards feels but nothing as bad as the feelings in the cutter organization in regard to hard feelings, it would be awesome to see all the guys involved in the hard feelings meet and have a hand shake. You guys have done so much together and shared so many great times and went through some very difficult times together why throw all that away, like it was said above it is only a football game friendships mean so much more

Friend,

I have to disagree with you on a point or two concerning the "Generals' way". I'm not sure if you know what that is. You were right about us having a team that would give, then fall short in the end. I take full blame for that. Now that I am kind of outside looking in, I think I might not have pushed them as hard as I could have or should have. I think JT is EXACTLY what this organization needed!! The goal of the Generals has always been to play great football and win a championship. Well regardless of who is upset, it looks like the team is playing great football, and they're undefeated. Looking good so far.

Also, quite a few of the "old" Generals are starting, playing, and contributing quite a bit to this team. I don't want anyone thinking JT came in and cleaned house. When guys are used to one thing, many resist change, or take a little time to adjust. JT's style is different than anything the Generals have ever really had, but it's kind of a shock to the system that I feel is for the best.

I really hope JT sticks around. There is a lot to be proud of in being associated with the Generals' organization.

I bet that no one on the Generals would say that they wished JT wasn't our coach. He has pushed us to be better, we have worked harder, and as a result we are one of three undefeated teams. Think about your words a bit more carefully next time you type them.

First off why in the world was this posted to my knowledge there is NO BEEF between JT and Brent there to my knowledge never has been, JT helped with the Cutters last year and got a ring and that was the end of it. I never knew that JT and Brent were real close friends jsut two coaches with respect for each other I didn't know JT had so much history with the Cutters seems he whipped up on them with his Dragon team. There are many by lines connected with this game and the two teams with so many people associated with the Generals this year that were part of the Cutters last year, people make choices and move on so why not just let it go, or maybe you are the type of person that can be proud of losing a friendshiup over a " GAME " I am sure there are no hard feelings from JT's part and I'm sure that there will NOT be ANY DRAMA from anyone connected with the INDIANA GENERALS come Saturday night at the game. There are going to be two very good football team playing a very important game Saturday night and someone will have their first loss after the clock hits zero. There is no need for any hype or extra by lines for this game but there are always those who just have to try to get a stir started and that folks is just plain wrong. Let these two teams coaches and everyone involved prepare for the game leave them alone on here.
These two guys are as different as night and day and now someone wants to put a SPIN on things.
I'm sure Mike, Chris, Robbie, JT, Jim and everyone involved would rather just focus and prepare for a game that will be fun to be a part of and be a great game for fans to come out and watch. I'm sure the only fireworks will be the ones in the sky

Friend i will have to disagree with u about coach slinkard been tony dungy. Havin played for him last season he gets fired up just like JT and us players and is not afriad to give u an ear full when u screw up lol (even when u winning by 30+ points)

I wasn't going to reply to this on here but the more I thought of it the more I wanted to reply. I also know alot about the whole situation and since you wanted to bring me up I thought I would go ahead and reply. I liked some of the responses that have popped up on this today and it shows that sometimes people can and do have real discussions on this board.
First off I left the Cutters after giving it long thought and discussed it with my family, my leaving the Cutters had absolutely NOTHING at all to do with Coach Slinkard!!, any Cutter player!! or BOARD MEMBER!!, my father -in-law is still on the board for the Cutters and my two brothers in law still attend the games and enjoy Cutter football,, when I was asked to start the Cutter team in Jan of 2007 it was going to be called Monroe County Panthers and Brent was the first person I asked to join the mission, I did that because of his football knowledge and passion for the game and afetr a couple months he was on board and the Cutters were born, I will treasure every memory I have from those two years and there was many sad times as well Mom passed in Nov 2007 and my Dad last year and Brent was always right there for me and I thank him for that and giving me strenght when I was really down, even prior to that the two times I had cancer Brent and his family were the best friends you could ask for and Brent even drove me for neck surgery in Dec of 2007. I left the Cutters because to me it seemed they would be just fine without me and there was other people who were doing the things I did the first two years, I felt it was best for the team and the organization I knew the team would be just fine without me and yes there was someone that I won't name on here that was at the core of my decision but as I said it was not Brent, any board member or player. I did not want to stay where I was not needed but at the same time I still wanted to be around the game and the league and so I called JT and asked if I could be of some help to the Generals and he agreed and I have tried to give them some assistance this season. I consider Jt to be a friend and I have made several new friends among The Generals.
I don't know where all this drama came from but I do not know of any riff between JT and Brent or anyone else involved in the two organizations. This is just football people it is supposed to be fun it supposed to make you happy it isn't supposed to destroy friendships. Having had cancer twice and having the good lord heal me twice I look at thing in a very different light and I think each one of us should never take anything for granted because we never know when we have lived our last tomorrow or watched our last football play. Like I said I have had some great memories over the past two years probably nothing more special than the very first Cutter game at Edgewood with my Mom seeing her first football game ever at age 82 and seeing the team on the field for the first time that is what this is all about memories.
There will be two very good football teams on the field saturday night each one wants to win and stay on top in the standings, each team respects each other as does the leaders and coaches of each team.
I want to wish the Cutters a good and safe game and I hope they play well and I want to wish the Generals a great game game and a safe trip down. I hope the fans get to see a football game that is full of excitement and lots of scoring.
The Generals and the Cutters are two first class teams lead by two top notch Coaches who both have lots of respect for each other.Now can we please everyone drop the drama and lets get ready for some football.
If you are a football fan you do not want to miss this game Saturday night.
I had to come back and edit this because there is one thing I wanted to say that I left out,,,,,,,,,, I want to say in public to Brent Carl B. Charles Shepard Shaun Caudill Drekey IZZY ( my Dads favorite player of all time ) and all the other Cutters and former Cutters Thank you for the wonderful memories and GOOD LUCK TO YOU each week ( just not this week ok )!!!!!!