supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vick goes to the Eagles

Not sure how to think about this..opinions??????

Hendricks

Re: Vick goes to the Eagles

First off I am a dog lover, but I think this is a great thing. Kudos to the Eagles for stepping up. Philly makes sense they don't care what anyone thinks. Remember they booed Santa Claus. Probably not the best career move for Vick unless McNabb goes down but it doesn't sound like anyone was beating down his door. This man does deserves a second chance. He paid the price for his crime. The court of "public opinion" has carried far too much weight after his release. It is my understanding that prison is a punishment/rehabilitation for people who have made poor decisions in life. Yet after felons are released they continue to be punished by society and are forced back to the same things that led to their original incarceration. Best of luck to Michael Vick and the Eagles.

I think it is a rather intresting move. They tried to run McNabb out of town a couple years ago, so perhaps they are looking for at life after McNabb. I figure he has 2-3 more years to play, so it sets up a nice time table for Vick to step in. Plus, if McNabb gets hurt, it gives them a good back up. I would no be suprised to see Vick in other positions as QB, perhaps a "Slash" player like Kordell Stewart was for the Steelers back in the 90's. The only problem I can see is if McNabb starts to stink,there is going to be an outcry by the Eagle fans to put Vick in. That could be a little bit of a presure situation for Andy Reid. Does anyone seem to think that the Eagles seem to like drama? They have the whole T.O. thing a couple years ago, then Andy Ried'sson turns out to be a loser and get involved with law enforcement, and now signing Vick. Just seems to be a littlemore than just chance.

I'm not sure but I think he will still face a suspension from the N,F.L. which in my opinion is wrong. Micheal Vick committed a felony, he did not break the rules of the league. He paid his dues, now let the man play football...

Didn't expect that team but I am glade he is being giving a chance he's paid his debt.

I am so upset he didn't sign with my Bengals... NOT!! We have enough convicted felons. And Chad "whatever my name is this year"

Yes he payed his debt but sorry, he doesn't deserve to have the oppertunity to make a couple million dollars a year. He killed dogs. Plain and simple. If it was you or me I am willing to bet that the community would not forgive us. As someone who is looking for a job I am amazed at how many employers let you know when you are applying for a job, that they do background checks. If my background has that I was convicted for dog fighting, how many employers would hire me, no matter how qualified I was?
Just a thought.

One of things I'm disappointed about is the fact that he won't have to play the Browns in Cleveland this year. Can you imagine what would go on if he was backed up in his own end with the "Dawg Pound" breathing down his neck?

GO BROWNS!

I have to agree with Mr. Frantz on this one the man was judged by his peers and admited he had committed a very wrong act, he paid his debt and now wants to move forward with his life. Will he follow the straight and narrow nobdy but the good lord knows that but if he messes up again it isn't because he didn't halp help and support with Tony Dungy guideing him I would think the man will be fine and not break anymore laws but then again only time will tell. We all need to be more forgiving to people around us and to those who have done us wrong everyone does deserve a second chance I only hope those who are given the second chance make the most of it

Dont get me wrong I would be upset if my dog was killed and think its wrong for him fighting dogs, but should he had done as much jail time? Should he not be able to play again? I mean seriously there is another case where Stallworth was driving legally drunk, killed a man and served a 27 days of his 30 day sentence and is only suspended for a year from the NFL. ONE YEAR for killing a MAN and we are talking about Vick not getting to play again because he fought dogs. I dont know but if Vick was to run my dog over I wouldnt be has upset as I would be if he ran over a family member. My opinion.

if yall didnt see that coming yall some fools this is semi-pro forum so if you need the web adress ffor this disscustion with the pros get on

i believe its great. i understand that issues and why goodell is doing vick the way he is. this could be a nightmare from the pr stand point. there are so many people that think that vick shouldn't get any chances because he killed dogs. i say get over it, and understand that he admitted that he had been fighting dogs since he was eight, and it never ever effected the way that he played ball. fact remains that he is still in the top five in the league at his position. everyone desirves a second chance and dont hate that his chance will be worth millons.

i got a blue pitbull say wat

This is going to come dow to two mindsets. Football, and NON football. Those of us here ( On Supafan) totally understand the situation... This is a man who has paid his debt...a debt decided by the court of law, and like anyone else..wants to go earn a living in a legal way, the best way he knows how.

The non football minded don't care about that he spent time in prison. They feel he needs to keep paying, be hated and scowled at, and not be able to earn a living any way they don't see fit.

To them, footbal itself is barbaric and cruel. I have an aunt who still insists that one day football will be "done away with".

Not likely.

The real deal is that Vick's situation, whether we agree or not, comes down to his own self mindset on what he did, and what he is GOING to do.

What will he do if he touches the playing field on the road, and fans ( who are like any opposing fans )will boo him heartily to try to get in his head to perform badly.

I personally have been called names due to color of my skin for playing ball, once by an umpire.

It takes allot to shrug off shouts at you when you know they arent because of the color of your uniform, but SPECIFICALLY about the man inside it.

We say forgive and forget so often that the phrase has litte or no meaning anymore, but in a calm discussion, we all say we feel its true.

We will see how right we are about ourselves, and Vick real soon.

Hendricks

is a dog life more important than a human life.convicted of funding dog fighting ring righ.i say let him play wut he done all his life..and the only reason he served time 2yrs for funding a dog fightin ring is cuz he is a celebrity which is not necesary..posession of a weapon gets u the same time buress might b in jail for the same amount of time and all he did was shoot hisself.lol the law is all backwards...them some important dogs.and if u continue to hate on him after 2yrs in prison then theres is somethin wron with yourself or u need to worry bout your own life i think...woof woof ...