supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL ALL STARS SO FAR

The season is half way over, so the voting should get to starting on allstars of the IFL. many teams have played each other so who as a fan or player do u think should be voted a IFL all star this yr. but dnt vote for a person you play with, who on each team you played against or watch play this year . each team has atleast3 players so who would u vote for this year.

Re: IFL ALL STARS SO FAR

sorry bro THERE IS NO ALL STAR GAME THIS YEAR

Can anyone say why there is no all-star game this game that was always a big tradition in the IFL and the players all seemed to enjoy it

why dont the mfl play the ifl

Why not have a merger between the MFL and IFL? I mean, all of these teams are pretty close together, and it would create a stronger league when it comes to big picture in the Semi-pro world.

There needs to be a serious discussion by the "powers that be" in Indiana Semi-Pro Football on this topic at the end of the 2009 Season!

Chris,

I think you are correct in the need to re-think how the two leagues in Indiana operate and I hope to lead some good debates on some alternatives that would only make Semi-Pro football stronger and more united in the coming years. However, right now it is time to focus on the rest of the 2009 season and upcoming playoffs. This year sure looks to be a great one in many leagues!

After the 2009 season I'll start chattering about this more.

Generals #15

you can thank the cutters. the all star game caused too many problems for them internally so they pushed and pushed to have the game dropped. poor team management if you can't control all the egos if you ask me instead the whole league paid the price. i heard all the cutters have done is bitch at meetings and want to change everything but yet they stay away from assuming any leadership on the board. i got this info from an ifl insider. this is the problem with adding new teams you get more opinions on how to run things.

Gunner66,

Topics such as this will be discussed in the "Indiana Semi-Pro Football Summit" that will be held at the conclusion of the 2009 Season. One team should not be larger than the league. We will all have an opportunity to do something special for our Sport in the State of Indiana very soon....

Gunner 66

It seems to me that your information comes from someone that is on the Generals staff as they were the only team in the IFL that wanted the game to continue.

I will be more than happy to let you know why the IFL does not have an all-star game anymore, and I will tell you the truth. #1 The Cutters,although many people would like for you to believe it, are not or never have been the anti-christ, Darth Vader, Megatron or any of the other villians that you read about in your comic books. This team has had success in semi-pro football, is that a reason to hate someone and throw out false accusations? I hope that you can see my point about the Cutters organization.
#2 I personnally have been involved with the IFL since its inception, I have played in two of the all-star games. After the first year I felt that we could do something different with the money that we spend on that game. I know the argument is that all of the players get the benefit of the all-star game. However that argument is not accurate players from different teams get to benefit from the all-star game but, not all of the players benefit. We have players on our team that have never been.
#3 Now out of the first three points that I have made this one is the most important so pay attention. This point is in a few points so try to keep up: a. the all-star game is funded by league fees (around 70% of our league fees) b. league fees are paid by the member teams c. the member teams collect money from their players d. so, all of the players in the league pay for the all-star game including the ones that do not get selected to participate. In our current economy do you think it is more fair to lower our league dues and not have an all-star game or continue to have our teammates and friends who may be out of work or struggling pay for us to go have a good ol time.

I am a part of the IFL board and I not only support the boards decision to remove the all-star game, but I hope that we never bring it back. I don't like partying on someone elses dime. With the all-star game out of the way our league fees are lower and the IFL will have funds in the bank for the future for the first time in as long as I can remember.

Good luck to all the rest of the season.
Generals will be coming up to see us soon if you have any questions or would like to talk to me about this come see me after the game and we can discuss it.

Thanks
Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

How do we go from talking about an allstar game thats not going to happen to the stupid subject of IFL and MFL merging. If you didn't know the IFL was built by teams that were sick of playing in the MFL for the most part and teams that wanted a start some where.

sorry crispy cream although i'm sure the generals appreciate the acusation, i'm not a general nor have i ever been. what do you have against the generals? they seem to be one of the more respected teams in the ifl. maybe youre mad cause theyre good this year and youre not? you can say what you want truth is that there are NUMEROUS players unhappy with the decision to nix the ifl all star game. also, you were not a founding member of the ifl, sid was but not you. its not really up to you anyway. not many leagues have one and i know a lot of people really liked the fact that it was for players around the league to get together and celebrate the end of the season, play in or watch the allstar game, receive awards, banquet, etc.. as i recall the mustangs got mad about a forfeit and that's when they decided not to participate. im sure you wet down a few kleenexs on that one yourself. i'm glad you guys don't have a chance this year, you're a fat pud.

Grod,

My apologies for my lack of history knowledge of the IFL. I just tossed the idea into the air about the MFL-IFL merger to see what people thought. This is only my second year in Semi-Pro ball, and all I ever worry about is playing and not getting involved with the whole he said/she said drama. Just figured having more teams in one league would be a more interesting season than just having 8 in a league.

Gunner 66

I am so happy that you have the courage to run your mouth about me and my organization and not post your name. I would like to let you know that I am a co-founder of the league, we first met in Huntington IN at a local bar. So, I know more about the IFL structure than you know about the Transformers (trust me Meagan Fox was not in the comic books not that you would care since you are a 30 year old virgin). So I may be fat but I can lose weight, you are never going to get laid.

Andy Crisp
K.C. Mustangs

Gunner 66
Ease up pal the all star game was going down hill. Teams were not sending their players or not sending their best period. So what was it proving? The best part of it was getting so drunk you could blow a .08 or better during the game! I am neither for or against it, but I also agree with Crisp the money will be for better things or just saved.
I played in everyone the IFL has had and enjoyed it, met alot of people and so on...
In the end you can kind of blame the teams who didnt send any players to the all star game. thats what i believe made the game meaningless!

Kind of the Best VS
Not really the Best

Kurt

For being a founder andy looking at your post really gives me a lot of respect for a "co-founder" of the IFL! Way to be a leader!!

Just was curious I saw the Wolfpack have some of their players pictures up on their main page listed as 2009 IFL All-Stars. Is the league doing something like an All-League team since they're not doing the All-Star game?

Just curious.

Dave Clawson

yes the voted on an all-star team today. no game will be played

Right on. Thanks Shrock.

so when and where will the all star or all ifl team be posted