supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triton High School

The KC Mustangs were informed at our practice tonight that Triton High School, our home field, had a freshman football player, Jacob Berger pass away this morning (Tuesday). An autopsy was done and the cause of death is being listed as natural causes. I have since found a report that also mentions that Jake had a brain aneurysm and this condition was there prior to him playing football this season.
The Mustangs will be attending Triton's first home game this Friday at 7:00 in Bourbon. If there are any other local teams who would like to join us you are more than welcome. Mustangs - we will be wearing our white jerseys. Mustang fans - Please wear any Mustang gear or Triton shirts that you may have.
If you have any questions please contact Sid or myself using the e-mail address attached to this thread.
Thanks all for allowing us some space to pass this unfortunate situation along.

Mike Kemper
KC Mustangs

Re: Triton High School

Mike sorry to hear about Tritons Loss. I will be praying for the family and community.

God Bless
Coach Carter

it is a great loss, I work with his dad and it is hitting the family hard.
thank you mustangs

Thanks to the voice of the mustangs an everyone who supported the family loss of Berger. My wife is a family member of the family an we had a previous loss earlier in the year, as if it wasn't enough. this family is going thru alot so we appreciate all the concerns.Wit being a strong stilt 4 the family i will say with any loss u may have like our family has had THIS YEAR IS FOR THEM (mustang-db/s #21)

If anyone is interested in going to the viewing it is Thursday from 2-9 in bourbon. I don't know the name of the church but it is the one on US 30 with David and Goliath in the front. Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. Sasha21

For those who are looking for the information on the viewing and funeral here it is.

Viewing will be Thursday from 2 to 9 p.m. at the Bourbon Bible Church at 2002 12th Road in Bourbon.

Funeral services will also be the Bourbon Bible Church at 1:30 p.m. Friday, with burial to follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Bourbon.

I am planning on attending the viewing. If any of the Mustang players are off tomorrow and would like to go please let me know. mkemper1@gmail.com

Thanks.

i would like to say it is a great credit to the Mustangs team for the support they are giving Tim and his Family. Tim is a good friend of mine. i asst Tom with the wolf pack so you know who i'am. i had the pleasure of meeting both of tims boys when we processed some hogs over the last year and Tim also works with me. Thanks for everything mustangs you show a lot of class

Mike,

I do not believe that any of us from the Raiders will make the 3 hour drive up there Friday night, however I will make sure that we as a team recognize this young man and his family before our game Saturday night against the WolfPack. This is such a sad moment for any parent, family member and player at any level. Our thoughts and prayers are with your team, his team, his family as well as the community.

Coach Naegele

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this post. We know that the family is taking this understandably difficult situation very hard.

We have the committment from several Mustang players to be there tonight at the Triton game. We have made a one slight change. Since we are wearing our white jersey tomorrow for the Crush game we are changing to our Orange jersey for tonight. Also tomorrow our players will be receiving a decal with Jacobs number to be placed on our helmets.

If you get a chance to read this young man's obituary and all the testimony's so far, one re-occuring theme keeps coming up. His love for football. I realize there is a difference between high school ball and semi-pro. But one thing is similar between all forms of the game. From youth league, to high school, from college to semi-pro. The ultimate goal of every kid that ever put on a set of shoulder pads and a helmet is to reach the NFL and score the winning touchdown or make the tackle that saves the game. This players dreams will never be reached.
We all sit here and read these threads and either laugh at how rediculous some of them are, or get mad because someone questions our manhood. We sit here and point imaginary fingers at this guy or that guy saying they disrespected our team, or demand that the league take action against another team while making up the rules as we go.
Folks it is real simple. All of the glory of football or all of the politics can be taken away, like this young mans dream, in an instant. And where does this leave us? John Bushman had a goal of building a semi-pro league that would allow men to continue their dreams of scoring winning touchdowns or making game saving tackles. He never saw his goal completed. And I am sure that all the other league founders have or had this same goal.
Remember that on your drive tomorrow to play the game on the field, and forget about the politics on your way home.

Well Said Mike. God Bless

coach naegele
Mike,

I do not believe that any of us from the Raiders will make the 3 hour drive up there Friday night, however I will make sure that we as a team recognize this young man and his family before our game Saturday night against the WolfPack. This is such a sad moment for any parent, family member and player at any level. Our thoughts and prayers are with your team, his team, his family as well as the community.

Coach Naegele

Coach Naegle,

Thanks to the Raiders and I know the Wolf Pack will also remember Jake tomorrow. I passed this on to his father today at the funeral and he was honestly touched that his son's name and honor is being observed in Ohio.
Coach Carter - That came from where every one of us should be playing, coaching, and supporting. From the heart.

I hope I never have to go to another funeral for a teenager, but God forbid it ever happens again I know the Mustangs and ALL the teams in the IFL will be there supporting the family.