supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coach of the year

As I was going over the data and film collected from this past week, I actually saw something that stuck out more this week, not usually spoke of on the site.

Coaches.

Rarely do these men get the credit they deserve nor recognition. They are yelled at by players and fans, ingored by refs and spend hours of their own time going over game plans for practice and games.

And don't get me started on all they do on game day.

Whether you agree with your head/assistant or coordinating coaches or not, you have to respect the scarifice they make to help you be a better player and team.

So if you will, players/assistants, waterboys..please email me who you personally think is the best coach in the IFL or MFL this year, and why.

It does not have to be a head coach or even your own team, but it must be a current member of a team's staff.

You MUST include your full name along with jersey number, position and team for your vote to count. All voters names will indeed be checked, as we want no pranksters trying to write in.

The votes will be counted by the last game and we will announce this at each MFL/IFL seasons end.

We will also read the best response we got for the winnig coach also. ( no, we wont say who said it, so no brown nose points for next year available!)

We really do appreciate all the efforts these unpaid voluteeers make, despite all they go through, win or loose each week to help keep this great game we love going.

Vince

Re: Coach of the year

IFL
#4 - BELL
The Rock had a lot of talent and some trouble. Bell was able to keep the talent and get ride of the trouble. Last year the team only won 1 game. 4-3 this year and they can still make some noise in the playoffs.

#3 - Slinkard
Even though the cutters won the title last year they also lost some players this year. 6-1 on the season is not a drop off from last years only one lose season. A new QB and a make shift o-line has made it hard at times but Slinkard has put togehter a team that will be in the championship game agian.

#2 - Marsh
I know this guy has been coaching for a while but this is his first year in the IFL. A weak preseason showing made some peole thing that his team was not ready for this year. After they gave the Mustangs the game and lost close games to both the Generals and cutters all teams know they are the one team no one wants to see agian. A grind it out running game and smash mouth Defense you just cant go wrong with that.

#1 - JT
Come on now no one thought that the Generals would finish the regular season 7-0 but they did. How about Cardio in december at butler, started practicing in March and being able to pull some top notch talent and make it work with the Generals of old. The man is a machine.

I can't speak for the Shamrock or Cutters coaches due to lack of familiararity, but I would like to second Marsh and JT. These two guys put in a lot of work and time, and all on a volunteer basis. I know we all do, but these are two guys I would follow into battle anywhere. Semi-Pro could use a lot more coaches like these guys.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

I would say slinkard, jt and marsh as well...from what i hear the cutters have only been practicing 1day every week this year due to this bein a tough year money wise so to better help out ppl that really want to play they have been doin this, and to be in the spot that they are in while only practicing half as much as other teams is somethin special to me, new qb, and a line that lost 3 starters from last yr...i believe that the coachin staff is doin a great job and the players really believe whats bein sold there...not takin anything away from any other teams tho....I thought the generals would be good because of the dragon roots that they brought back and the generals that stayed and play were the best that they had to offer...and what can u say about the rock....better all the way around...and the pack shocked me as well

Gentlemen,

I lOVE the enthused and positive responses, but so I can tally them properly, please send the votes to the email address listed.

Don't forget to include who you are and why you're voting.

So far, its pretty close!

Vince

Hands down Coach of the Year should go to Coach JT of the Indiana Generals. No one else could make you hate him so much during practice - and yet know that it is that very reason that make you the football player that all of us Generals are. I have not personally played for JT due to a torn groin injury suffered at the beginning of the year, yet I have had more fun being on the sidelines this year than any other year playing. Hopefully I get out there during the playoffs...and even though cardio in sub zero temps at Butler was a b@*#@!!!! I will do it all over again next year God willing. Coach JT is the reason for the Generals success this year - not many people could take this team from 4-4 to 7-0 in only one year. This has been a special year for all of us and hopefully it will become even more special! Good luck to all in the playoffs!

Agreed

you are correct going from 4-4 to 7-0 is tough but much easier when he brings his own squad in!!!!!
i bet theres only 7 of the 22 starters from the orig. generals????

you will lose in playoffs

Thanks.

jT IS A WEAK ASSS COWARD!! HE FOLLLOWED OUR TEAM AROUND LAST YEAR FROM START TO FINISH THEN GOES TO THE GENERALS.... BOTTOM LINE IS IF HE COACHED WEHRE HE DID KNOW OR "RECRUIT" THESE PLAYERS HE'D BE NOTHING BUT A MADDEN FOOTBALL CALLING TURD
AS FAR AS ASKING FOR RECOMENDATIONS FROM SPECIFIC COACHES YOU CAN THROW THAT OUT THE WINDOW!!!
YOUR A PIECE A $HIT FROM INDY AND YOU ALWAYS WILL BE
NOBODY WILL HELP YOU ANYMORE

KAMAKAZEE
jT IS A WEAK ASSS COWARD!! HE FOLLLOWED OUR TEAM AROUND LAST YEAR FROM START TO FINISH THEN GOES TO THE GENERALS.... BOTTOM LINE IS IF HE COACHED WEHRE HE DID KNOW OR "RECRUIT" THESE PLAYERS HE'D BE NOTHING BUT A MADDEN FOOTBALL CALLING TURD
AS FAR AS ASKING FOR RECOMENDATIONS FROM SPECIFIC COACHES YOU CAN THROW THAT OUT THE WINDOW!!!
YOUR A PIECE A $HIT FROM INDY AND YOU ALWAYS WILL BE
NOBODY WILL HELP YOU ANYMORE

Well once again a very good thread is ruined by someone from that team just took a little longer than usual for this to become a sounding board. Lets ee now Farve goes to the Vikings so now he must be truley hated by everyone in Green bay including his wife.
Get off it will you sore losers JT didn't hang around anywhere he helped and assisted and did what he could now he has got his team who would ever think JT would not want a team who would ever think JT would want to be a person who is looked at as a hanging around guy.
You guys need to get over things and grow up act your age not your IQ.
I have been arond BOTH organizations and I can say this without a question JT is by far the best coach in the IFL he gets respect from his players oh yes they hate him during practice and cardi but he is a WINNER and not a sorry WHINER like you. The Generals are blessed to have the people that they around them and they will be a power for a long time, just think how many players are going to jump from your sinking ship and join them next year, thats what happens when you treat EVERYONE with respect. Now you say he followed around your team then went to the Generals I didn't know that once you were a part of your team you never have the chance to go elsewhere well you know where you can shove that.
Here is a challenge to you and your fine organization how about asking your main man if there will be a team next year. Have them post the answer here and in a few months we will see who is a lair and a cheat who can look someone in the eye and tell a out and out lie then try to say something totally different.
All you have done here is take a great thread that had some good conversation and turn into another of your teams sounding boards thats why nobody respects you guys anymore.
Now notice I didn't mention any team name but watch how fast certain people will get on here and defend themselves.
WE WILL ALL BE WAITING ON YOUR MAN'S WORD ABOUT NEXT YEAR. Vince sorry to add to this in a negative way but damn a really good thread and that team always has to find a way to make it about them. I hope JT is coach of the year he is very deserving but so is Marsh both put in the hours and have to work ahrd for what they get no silver platters for them and nobody with a bank roll there to hand them cash.

he didnt help us... he just took notes all season for his own benefits!! we knew he knows we all know he didnt do shit except suck the info out of us!

Gentlemen,

And PLEASE let that description be accurate.

This thread was designed ONLY for the betterment of semipro football and the men who play and coach it.

Never in life will everyone agree on everything in sports. Whether it be Mike Vick playing or not, Pete Rose back in MLB or not or even as previously mentioned, Brett Farve playing again and who he plays for.

But respect is one thing that ALL should agree upon. Even if you don't respect anothers habits or coaching or even workout habits, please respect yourself enough not to air it negativley and publicly, especially here where the exact OPPOSITE of negativity is what we strive for.

This type of situation leaves little choice as to be able to continue this type of thing ( Coach of the year ) and to even allow the thread to remain , if Supa finds it necessary to do so.

I understand the passions that run so deep here between the two teams mentioned. My job is not to justify either, so I will not.

What I WILL do is not demand, but ask that each of you reading this, and all who decide to type on it, fully respect, yourselves, the game, ALL others within the semipro football world and to quote my wise mother who passed back in '89, yet words are as true today as they were then, if you cannot say anything nice, please say nothing at all.

Vince

Well said Vince. We the Generals aren't shook from comments about who we are as a team, or what team our coach was apart of last year or two years ago, and we definitely aren't surprised that some internet tough guy disrespects us on a message board. His words, and all the haters words are just that, WORDS. No matter what is said, the Generals are going to continue to do what we do with the #1 coach in this league.

whatever...

YOU GUYS SUCK

thats as nice as i can be!

What I find funny is that you call JT a coward but you wont put your name.

There are 19 Generals that have never played for me that are still on the team. There are two players who played for the Dragons that played for the Generals last year. There are three players who played the whole season last year for the cutters (only one was a starter) two who were Dragons before that. There are three former Broncos. There are only 13 Dragon players on the team. We have eight rookies. This is the 2009 Generals team.
As for trying to get players to play for me yes I did. No different from any other coach or player. I would have a team of 200 players if I could.
As for being a coward I am far from that. I have grown up a lot over the years but dont get it twisted I BAR NON & FEAR NO ONE!
Now as far as asking Brent for the recomendation for the U. of Syracuse thats not what it was, I put him down as a reference. He can say whatever he wants about me good or bad. The only people who even knew about it was Coach Shean and Brent.
As far as helping me I cant really recall anyone helping me before so man you really hurt me on that one.
I only came to four games last year. Wranglers,Cougars,Blazers & Mustangs. 3 out fo those 4 was straight ass kickings. I only came to two practices all year as well. So yeah I took notes all year and sucked info out of you guys whatever.
Look I dont care if you guys hate me in fact you make me have to send out two less B-DAY & Christmas cards this year so thanks the price of stamps are a bitch these days.
I have Respect for the Cutters org. I know some really good guys over there. Brent is one of the best people I have meet in semipro football. At the end of the day we all want to win the championship. Thats our goal. if you not liking me make you happy thats great. Hell half of the Generals team hates me too maybe you guys should start a club and if act fast you guys can start a fantast football league and the winner can send me hate mail.

P.S.
Kurt I dont think i have ever seen you write something that nice before thank you lol. Hope your wrist is doing good man take care of yourself.

P.S.S.
If you can read this stuff and luagh man you are living your life way to hard guys.
Good luck to all the IFL teams in the first round.
Oh also Coach Marsh Coach of the year hands dow

Love to be hated... Its fun that way!!
good stuff JT. Are you still having that Madden Tounament over at your boys house?? haha
u know what im talking about!! Your probably over there using his internet with your greatest fan "KAMAKAZEE" making highlight films starring the all of you!!! What the hell did you do to cameron i thought you were supposed to be getting your boys in shape JK CAM IM FAT TOO!!

Kurt