supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Actual strength of semi pro

Are there any teams in semi pro football that could compete w/ any college teams on any level(D1-2-3, NAIA)?

Re: Actual strength of semi pro

the generals since they are suppose to be a really good team...

None.

Training, conditioning, mentality, technique...just couldn't match up.

Thad

I don't think any team could compete with any size college team I mean come semi-pro does practice twice a week cutter only do it once a week thats all we need and the college teams are in much better shape than semi-pro teams but if one could beat one it would be the cutters yeah the generals beat the cutters but take away the distraction before halftime and we would have won that game

I think there are a handful of teams that could compete in the area, the Generals and the Cutters definately. There are a LOT of shitty D3 schools out there people. I had 5 friends who all started for the same small school, and none of them were even that great in high school.

Cutter,
they won let it go!

Thad is right from semi pro to college is 2 different worlds. Atleast when you are talking about teams that are successful and established.

Kurt

A quote from www.oklahomathunderfootball.com:

The Oklahoma Thunder defeated ITESM CEM, a university from Mexico City, Mexico. The Rams had never been defeated by a college or minor league program from the U.S. The Rams are so used to routing U.S. teams in fact, that head coach Enrique Tovar commented that "I don't want to make a prediction because when we come to the U.S. we are always disappointed".

That comment stuck with Thunder players and coaches alike. "They were a class organization all the way. It was nice to play a team that is competant. Out of respect for their entire program all I will say is, we didn't want to disappoint them." said coach Bruce Madden.

With the win the Thunder accomplish something no minor league program has ever been able to.

As a former General having moved to Phoenix last year I'm sqeeking out my last few seasons of Semi-Pro in the Copper State Football league and during the offseason the league puts together an all-star team that competes and counts against the JUCO's in the Phoenix area. Kurt and Hoss are correct about the practice and conditioning. Our leagues all-star team wins 2 - 3 games a year but what they really get out of it is that 5 - 6 schoalerships get to those players who want to contiune their careers.

(5 - 6 schoalerships get to those players who want to contiune their careers.)

Wow that would be amazing, I wish they did that here

ANY SEMI-PRO TEAM CAN BEAT INDIANA UNIVERSITY.

THEY TRULY SUCK!

True IU is struggling but I would go play there in a second if it meant I got money for college. It is insane how much it cost these days to get an education.

there are ZERO teams in semi pro football that would even compete with IU. cutters and generals from what i see and hear generals and cutters are the top 2 teams... but cmon seriously neither team would score..

You guys don't understand the question any college team was the question. With the 800 or so semi pro teams in the united states you can't tell me there are no semi pro teams that could beat a d3 school even d2. You all are thinking d1. A large number of smaller schools have less players than even semi pro teams. You are crazy to think that in the IFL that the generals or the cutters could not beat a d3 school. I'm not saying all but d3 is a long way from d1. And in some cases the amount of practice matters little beause the talent level is much higher on their squads than a d3 school. The big picture is yes some semi pro teams could roll with alot of college teams and do alot better than you think.

lets get real folks. you are talking about college age kids (18-22). you are talking about practicing at least 5 times a week for at least 2.5-3 hrs. you are talking about training during the season, and during the off season. you are talking about countless hours of film study (even of practice). this is what every college program does and has. there is no way no how that the best teams in semi-pro would have a good chance. come on on average we practice twice a week. very little film study (and i beat you not many if any film practice), everyone doesn't train, the average age is older, and there is no way that a semi-pro team can prepare as good as a college team on any level. i'm not saying that the sun can't shine on a dogs ass once in a while, but on the most part, lets keep it 100% with our selves and realize that this wouldn't happen to much. i would guess that if 100 games were played between college and semi-pro, that semi-pro would win maybe three.

Once again your thinking about D1 schools. It would be very hard if possible for a semi pro team at any level in the united states to beat a D1 school. On the other hand you are nuts about every single D3 team. The top semi pro teams in the united states would be able to destroy a large number of D3 schools for good reason. The talent level on most of the top semi pro teams is set on alot of D1 and D2 players that have played on big named school teams and have been 2 3 4 years out of college and are by far not old and can still play at that level for the most part. Get your brain out of just Indiana and look at the big picture. Out of 800 semi pro teams in the UNITED STATES NOT INDIANA there will be teams that can compete with most D3 And some D2 schools. Do you know that some players work hard five to six days a week and do more than practice twice a week? No you dont because you dont put in that kind of effort. Some semi pro teams have their shit together and play at a higher level than most if not all the teams in INDIANA will play. If you can sit there and say no semi pro team in the united states can't dominate in the D3 level you have a problem with life and don't understand that in some states Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, and on and on and on eat sleep and shit football at any level. Your stuck on Indiana football look at the big picture. Open your eyes and face the facts that some semi pro teams can roll with some college teams and do good. Some semi pro programs put in work all week and play at a top level that area teams will never see or do. Talent levels on some semi pro teams is way to high to loose to each and every college team in the US. Wake up and use your brain man!!!!!!!

I'm tired of hearing about how good the Cutters think they are or ANY team in the IFL...come play the Lima Warriors and we will give you a reality check! Thats not me being cocky, but keeping it real. We may not be the best, but we are among the best in the nation!

How comes you didnt call out the Tornados hmmmm you a little scared of them.

Good for you. Glad to hear you guys are a power house. sounds like you have had a good season. Good luck on the rest of your season and hope you stay healthy. WHO ROCKS!!!!!

i would love for my team to play lima warriors.

Focus on the Mustangs!

i'd like to see the lima warriors play the tornados. im 100% sure if you call them out at the right time they would hand you your ass!! How about the Chicago Thunder as a warm up... you guys are a joke!! Even the generals... they are always interested in improving their national standing... Call out JT he will answer you! Cant be scared if you think your the best!! LIMA PUDWHACKERS!! you shouldnt even be on this site, go to www.iwflsports.com thats where you belong!

Fire