supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL PLAYOFFS

Just curious, not trying to start anything: Hypothetically speaking: If the Generals beat the Mustangs, the Cutters beat the Shamrock, and the Wolfpack beat the Panthers this week there will be a 3 way tie for 3rd place. Since the Shamrock beat the mustangs who beat the wolfpack who beat the shamrock it comes down to points scored? Is that correct? If so then the Mustangs are heavy favorites to be a #3 seed since theyve scored 197 points compared to 144 for the Wolfpack and 119 for the Shamrock. So it baiscally comes down to how many point s can the Wolfpack score against the Panthers and can the Generals defense stop the heavy hitting Mustangs offense. Pretty cool scenario to end the year: Big difference when you're talking about opening the playoffs at home or on the road. Do you think its right for the Wolfpack to run he score up if there's home field for opening round is on the line? They'd have to score almost 60 and have the Generals shut down the mustangs attack, both a TOUGH task. Just a thought. I hope my math is wrong, let me know if it isn't.

Re: IFL PLAYOFFS

Hey fan they got to do what they got to do it means a seed change maybe so yes they should run the score up as much as possible look at what the cutters did to the Panthers they ran it up and made sure they scored more than the generals did on the Panthers why I'm not sure but they did

There isn't a point scored tiebreaker. Its a coin toss now it changed for that purpose.

As Farug51 stated, it will come down to a Coin Toss.

First: All three teams will toss a coin, Odd man Out takes 5th place. Mustangs: Heads, Shamrock: Heads, Wolfpack: Tails... Wolfpack take 5th place.

Second: Odd man Out, Wolfpack in my Example, Toss coin for the Last two teams. Winner Takes 3rd place, Loser Takes 4th place.

This is the scenario as well as I understand it.

Here ya have it.

Ben Deleon
Crush #42

Your kidding me right? A coin toss!?!?!
The former dragons bitched SOOOO MUUUUCHHHH when they lost the coin toss to the Patriots, that we added a 4 step process to the playoff seeding. HA and I though the IFL was suppose to be the better league.

The coin toss is the 5th step. We never thought the first four would have been passed by. That is why we will learn from the situation and maybe they will add other steps. I say they because I will be enjoying the retired life of teaching and coaching high schoolers only, next year.

Hey Chuck finishing the Bachelor's degree? Congrats man.

the dragons bitched beacause the toss was held without any dragon representation, they had never lost a game in the mfl, def should have had home field advantage for that championship game.

sounds like your team didnt care enough to get to the coin toss! where were you? why didnt you go if no one else was?

Ok first off the cutters did not run the score up i mean they went to michigan with like 24 guys starting qb didnt play burton didn't play only 1 starting reciever played only starting db played i guess you get the point they had their second string in the whole game and just so happens they kept scoring on the ground they were trying to get out of the game asap but just kept scoring. Now on the other hand when the generals played the panthers they were up by 56-0 with 2 minutes left on the score board and had their starting offense on the field basically in a hurry up offense trying to run up the score. and everyone wonders why the generals have scored so many points because they run the score up every chance they get im supprised it hasn't caught up with them and someone hasnt got seriously injured. just a thought on running up the score.

The Generals did not run up the score on the Panthers. It was 42-0 at half and there was a running clock during the second half. Know the facts!

Although, not quite as interesting as the Battle for 3rd through 5th... The battle for between the Raiders and the Crush for the 6th spot is up there. It means the loser will travel to Bloomington while the winner gets a short road trip for the first week of play offs. Its going to be a hard game and Both teams have so much on the line in this one. So it is going to be an interesting Final week of the IFL, 3rd place through 7th are not set yet. Can you get any more drama then that! Just tossing it out there.

i personally dont think that it is gonna come down to that because the shamrock have something to prove now. they are goin to come out looking to take down the cutters. who rock? SHAMROCK!

funny stuff
Ok first off the cutters did not run the score up i mean they went to michigan with like 24 guys starting qb didnt play burton didn't play only 1 starting reciever played only starting db played i guess you get the point they had their second string in the whole game and just so happens they kept scoring on the ground they were trying to get out of the game asap but just kept scoring. Now on the other hand when the generals played the panthers they were up by 56-0 with 2 minutes left on the score board and had their starting offense on the field basically in a hurry up offense trying to run up the score. and everyone wonders why the generals have scored so many points because they run the score up every chance they get im supprised it hasn't caught up with them and someone hasnt got seriously injured. just a thought on running up the score.

Well we all have forgotten how powerful the mighty cutters are maybe they should have only taken 10 players and had them go both ways them maybe the panthers would have been able to at least keep it to a 21 point game we all keep forgeting just how high up the cutters are and how there isn't anybody that can hang with them, maybe everyone should just cancel the playoffs and give them the trophy and save everyone the trouble of playing them.

country
i personally dont think that it is gonna come down to that because the shamrock have something to prove now. they are goin to come out looking to take down the cutters. who rock? SHAMROCK!

The shamrock have absolutely NO CHANCE SATURDAY night in Bloomington they won't travel well since they got man handlesd last week and they will roll over and lay flat for the game against the cutters the cutters will win this one by 28 points or more they are on a mission and are out to prove they OWN THE IFL

The Cutters do not own anything in the IFL, not even 2nd place if they lose saturday. I like the Cutters, but its easy to root against them since there are so many idiots on here talking smack for the Cutters. Memo to Cutters fans- shut up and quit making your organization look like crap. You think running your mouth is helping your team win on the field? Nope. They play well enough without all the garbage that you bring to the posts. Good luck to all teams on Saturday as the IFL regular season wraps up. The playoffs will be a good one as there are 5 teams with a legitiment shot at winning it all!

ya, the generals had NO CHANCE of winning against the cutters either! good luck shamrock!

I was at the cutters generals game and the generals did not beat the cutter. The cutters beat the cutters I truly believe the cutters if had not made costly turnovers would have won by 14 or 17 points. Bottom line is cutters lost but I can guarentee you that if the generals make it to the ship you will see a totally different game agains the cutters. WACTH AND SEE.....

Listen you dont see Generals players on here posting that they are the greatest. No team but the Cutters run their mouth on this site. The cutters should have beat the Crush by this much more and they should have beat the wolfpack by that much more blah blah blah. To be real the Wolfpack and the Mustangs should have beat you. You should have beat the Generals but you didnt now shut up and get focused before you lose to the ROCK!

WE CANT DO THIS ALL DAY PEOPLE 8 SHAMWOWS FOR $19.95

all i can say is the cutters need to be ready cuz the rock are goin to bring it. it is goin to be a war good luck to both teams

Man country we are not about that. The Shamrock want to say good luck to the cutters saturday. Hope it's a great game. GO SHAMROCK!!!!!!!!!!

With anonymous posts, how can anybody be certain who is posting on this site?

It is certainly possible that people are posting on this site under the name of the Cutters with the intent to motivate our opponents.

Something to consider before you attribute these comments to a Cutter player when the person is not identified.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT ANY OF YOU THINK OR SAY. CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE NOT WON IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THE TROPHY IS IN BLOOMINGTON. SO UNTIL SEPTEMBER 26TH ROLLS AROUND AIN'T NOBODY WON SHIT. THE THING ABOUT A FOOTBALL SEASON IS IT'S A MARATHON NOT A SPRINT. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW MANY PRESEASON OR REGULAR SEASON GAMES YOU WIN YOU GOTTA WIN THE BIG GAME TO GET ANY RESPECT PERIOD!

Coach John Shean
With anonymous posts, how can anybody be certain who is posting on this site?

It is certainly possible that people are posting on this site under the name of the Cutters with the intent to motivate our opponents.

Something to consider before you attribute these comments to a Cutter player when the person is not identified.

Motivate your opponents that is funny cause it seems there is no motivation needed when playing you.
I find it funny as hell that every thread on here becomes a cutter sounding board and always winds up being a cutter debating site and thats why everyone is out to whip your tails.
How do we even know you are who you say you are, when I clicked on your web site link on your post it wouldn't load because you have two web sites posted together, your firm site, and the cutter site,, now any good lawyer would know that you can not send someone to www.sheanlaw.com; www.cuttersfootball.org it just don't work that way.

Motive #4 to beat the cutters who cried every year until the IFL did away with the all-star game becauce you had to many star players and it was detremental to cutter team chemistry.

Motive #3 to beat the cutters always getting on here and trying to run this board ( this isn't the IFL board room ) and when you want to know who posted something just have your main man drop a dime so to speak and find out.

Motive #2 to beat the cutters always having to read posts about how many players you have, and how you travel on charter buses, reading each day about how the mighty cutters are untouchable, reading about your uniforms and how you have home and away uniforms. In general just being arrogante and self centered on here
and last but ceratinly not least.

MOTIVE #1 to beat the Cutters to see the coach leave the field with several assistants to confront someone with TIME STILL REMAINING then have the nerve to tell everyone that he had to urinate ( what was the other coaches role going to be in this------HOLDERS?? ) So yes everyone wants to beat the cutters get used to it that is what happens when you are defending champs and you have a big target on your back.
So Mr. Shean don't get on here and give us a lesson on posting on this board is a fun place to hang out,, sometimes it gets a little raw yes,, but it is an entertaining place to spend some time. Most people can take it with a grain of salt but you guys always get bent out of shape.

DAAANNNGG!! that post was weird! it was motivating motive2 motive3 motive4 motive1... 1234...4321

did your parents leave you at the grand canyon? was your wig infused to your skull? Did buffalo bob cut your skin off and where it with his pecker between his legs? Do you know what its like to be on fire!!?

Dirte'

IFL FAN
The Cutters do not own anything in the IFL, not even 2nd place if they lose saturday. I like the Cutters, but its easy to root against them since there are so many idiots on here talking smack for the Cutters. Memo to Cutters fans- shut up and quit making your organization look like crap. You think running your mouth is helping your team win on the field? Nope. They play well enough without all the garbage that you bring to the posts. Good luck to all teams on Saturday as the IFL regular season wraps up. The playoffs will be a good one as there are 5 teams with a legitiment shot at winning it all!

Don't own anything???? where is the all-star game this year and who was the leader in going back door and getting it removed from the post season.

your probably not even an allstar... you were probably one of the guys who just showed up and played when others didnt show