supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/05 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Good Morning, SupaNation. My lighter travel schedule and the smaller slate of games this weekend (just one) allow me to get my predictions in early and clearly. A word before we get into this special holiday edition of our predictions: Please take a moment to think about all of the hard working people who have made the great prosperity of our country possible this weekend. The gap between the wages of working people and the income of those who benefit from their labor has grown significantly in recent years. Business and management get 364 days a year, so let's make the one day for LABOR count. Now let's get on to some football.

Ohio River Bearcats @ East Central Wolverines

Perhaps I am guilty of running over the same themes too many times over the course of a season- or an entire prediction career. Perhaps my having pointed out time and again the value of what the ECW have continued to do under the circumstances has become tiresome to some of you. The reality of the game at this level is, though, that a very large number of organizations- I dare say the majority- would choose not to complete their season if they were to find themselves in the shoes of the men from Blackford County. That they have chosen a different path- namely to press on against impossible odds is a great tribute both to their collective character and to the very best that this game we play has to offer. Though the Wolverines are fairly unlikely even to find the endzone this season, they've likely found something of much greater value than even a mediocre season would hold: themselves. None of us who has endured a similar season (of whom I am certainly one) will deny that this kind of struggle gives us the opportunity to learn more about who we are and what we are about, and indeed gives us a better chance to rise to the day than does the easy success that many teams take for granted. As I have said before as well, there has been more than one team that has gone from the depths of the conference cellar to the very top of the league within a few short years. This ascent in every case is due more to the kind of bonds forged in the depths of the losing season than it is to the addition of talent in the offseason. But this thread isn't just about the Wolverines. It's also about a Bearcat team that has managed to find itself at the head of the class of the MFL and the pride of Evansville. Pieces and parts from the Vipers dynasty of old have found their way to a very strong team- many of whom have suffered through seasons similar to that being endured by the 09 ECW. Not only are the Bearcats men of character (for the most part, of course) but they are men of great talent. One expects grace in victory- no matter the margin this weekend- from the Bearcats.

Bearcats 57
Wolverines 0

**High School Edition***
Union County Patriots @ Union City Indians

Beef and his staff are hoping to unlock the enigma that has been the Indian offense this weekend. A squad that underperformed against Wes Del in the opening week fell flat last week, and conference play is not likely to provide a lot of tune-ups (except CCL, of course). The Patriots bring a bigger and more talented team with them, but one much less in need of a big win. It's easy to say that the season could turn on this win, but I have seen too many of Beef's teams surge late. This will be another tough week, but better times are ahead.

Patriots 27
Indians 6

And a quick addendum. When any HS team in Indiana is feeling down, they should consider the plight of the Edinburgh High Lancers team. The team's last win in regulation that was not either a forfeit or a win over Indiana Deaf School was on September 27, 1996. They are 0-121 in such contests since that date. Just a word to remind you that it's not as bad as you might think.

Now all of you- whether it is at the grill with your aunts and uncles or out on the field of play, be sure to make your mommas proud this Labor Day weekend.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/05 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

I know about the losing streaks. I am an Asst. Coach at National Trail in Ohio. We are currently on a 32 game losing streak. Hopefully we will end that streak tonight against Bradford. Good Luck Beef.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/05 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Walser, good luck tonight, I know Bradford always has fun playing Trail. good luck for the rest of the season in the CCC as well.
its wierd playing you guys 2nd rather than last.
GO RAILROADERS.

National Trail Wins!!!!!!!! 20-18. It was a great game and I had a great time watching my boys celebrate. It was funny seeing Curtis Enis getting pissed on off over there on the sidelines. lol! neway good luck to everyone tomorrow, and stay healthy. Sorry Tater, mayb next year

Bearcats win 68-0

oh well hopefully Trail and Bradford can get off of the bottom of the list this year.