supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
adding players to team roster

is it healthy to add players on a team this late in the season? the reason i ask is we played a game against the blitz and it was obvious that i saw some players with different logos on their helmets. should the league set some sort of deadline for players that want to switch teams? should another player from a different team be allowed to be added to a play-off team?

Re: adding players to team roster

The deadline was last Sunday at 5pm EST. So they could do whatever up until that point. Maybe instead of posting here you should talk to your team management.

i think that the Mfl has a roster lock date which was last week but not for sure

Everett,

The playoff roster was due last Sunday @ 6pm. At this time no one else can be added. Ask Zach to produce their roster if that is what you want to know. As far as different logos / colors on players helmets, there is no true league rule on matching uniforms, just a gentlemen's agreement to match as best as possible. Not all teams have the money to ensure matching uniforms.

i have no problem with my team,just seen so many new players for the blitz with storm helmets on.

Does the MFL do a card check for Post Season Games? This practice is always a good thing if there were ever any questions about a player.

From what I understand, a team can request that the refs check IDs and it is the player's responsibility to produce their ID.

In our Championship Game last year, prior to Kick-Off, both teams lined up on the 40 and the officials and a representative from each team checked a Play-Off roster against a "State Issued" photo ID. If there was an issue with a player, it had to be agreed upon by the officials and team reps for that individual to participate in the game.

This worked out great for us and when I have seen others use this practice.

The Blitz have had a roster of about 30+ all year. And those guys that we played against were all legit as per the rules.

The great thing about our roster rule is that if you didn't get your roster(limit 45) turned in by the deadline you would have a roster limit of 22 players for any playoff game. And with some teams struggling to field that many players it really helps them to be able to field a team for their playoff games.

WHO GIVES A FROG'S FAT ASS
You can only play 11 vs 11.... believe in your Team and Fu$% the dumb shit and PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
Hit The Gym Sucka's Frazier 72

Those are some of the truest words I've ever come across on this site.

Frazier...

I agree...it's everyone's best 11. But if those 11 are completely different than the 11 you played the season with it becomes kinda pointless to even have a regular season.

Frazier 72
WHO GIVES A FROG'S FAT ASS
You can only play 11 vs 11.... believe in your Team and Fu$% the dumb shit and PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
Hit The Gym Sucka's Frazier 72

You Fat Frogs ASS bastard... i was looking forward to hittin the beer bong with you this past weekend! u gotta come down and tailgate for IU or roll with me to Tenn vs UGA

Kurt

I'm in hit me up for Tenn game, I still got a ticket for USC, Sucka!!!!

I DO BELIEVE IT WAS THE BEARCATS THAT ADDED PLAYERS FROM THE TRI STATE TITANS LAST YEAR FOR THE PLAYOFFS. NOW THEY ARE ON HERE SAYING THAT IT ISN'T HEALTHY.

I think you miss #70's point. He was speaking about being organized on the field. This sort of thing, plus having officials show up to a game on time when they are getting paid are very important aspects of a healthy Semi-Pro Football League.

I knew that this would be brought up. We did take a couple of players from the Titans last season, but that was allowed per the league rules last season. It was changed this year that final rosters were due Sunday of week 8. All in all it did throw off a bit of the team chemistry but it was quickly resolved.

JUST A THOUGHT:

1. The player who said it wasn't even a member of our team last year.

2. You misunderstood the point of his question.

3. Your typing in all caps makes your post look like it was made by a child.

4. My guys at least post their name, team affiliation, or both when they have a question.

5. Based on the tone of your post, you already hate us and your post is less meaningful because of it.

6. Once again, for the hard of hearing and stupid, we acted well within the rules in '08.

7. That discussion was last September. Matter of fact this one is several days old and you still don't have anything meaningful to contribute.

So, did anyone from the Bearcats ask the refs to get involved and check ID's and the rosters? I am sure that would not have helped, knowing the refs that were there, but just asking.

We didn't need to. There wasn't any question about any of the players during the game. As I explained for Everett earlier in the post, all of the Blitz players were legit.

Plus the playoff rosters weren't due at that point so they could add anyone they wanted.

And to answer his actual question:
For most teams it probably wouldn't be healthy to add players later in the season, but for a team struggling to get numbers it can only help.