supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forfiet playoff game

Do you realy think east central wolvarines,will travel to evansville for playoff.what should be done,teams needs home game to pay ref,feilds and hope their enough for next week.Whats the rules,on this matter would like to know.

Re: Forfiet playoff game

Ask Jake or Zack.

The problem here is two fold, first what would motivate a team to travel for 3 hours knowing they have NO CHANCE of winning. Look at the Raiders driving all the way to Bloomington to get beat by 40 or 50 points, the fans don't want to see this sort of thing it is not anyones idea of football, and in most caes the fans leave at halftime attendence is way down this year anyway and times are tough and when people see who is coming to town they plain and simple stay home unless it is a quality team that at least might be able to score.
It costs alot to get a field and when you have to pay for the field and everything else it is better that a team that is no match just stay at home, it saves everyone money and nobody gets beat by 50 points. I have heard that the Panthers won't be in Indy on Saturday night, I heard that they have elected to forfiet the game, that is BS it gives the Generals an extra week off to rest up and get fresh for the Wolfpack, yes the Wolfpack will win their game with the Shamrock with ease you can write that down, while everyone else has to play. The Cutters will have to pay for the field and compete with an I.U game on the same day which isn't good for attendence I guess it could be worse I.U is at least kicking off at noon.

You little cry baby bitch. The Raiders have enough guys to show up and play so guess what they will show up and play. You will not beat them by 50. They may not be the best but you will know that you played a game. You guys signed up to play in the IFL this season and guess what you won enough games to get a home playoff game so shut the hell up and play your damn game. If you dont like the fact that the wolfpack beat the Panthers so bad that they know 13 guys can not compete with the generals you should have beat the Generals. Your the #2 seed. If you want im sure the Raiders will save you guys some money and host the game. You sound like a soft little girl with all your bitching.
Listen to how stupid you sound.
1. first what would motivate a team to travel for 3 hours knowing they have NO CHANCE of winning?
A. - The signed up to play football not be soft like you!

2. the fans don't want to see this sort of thing it is not anyones idea of football, and in most caes the fans leave at halftime attendence is way down this year anyway and times are tough and when people see who is coming to town they plain and simple stay home unless it is a quality team that at least might be able to score

A. - May be the people that came to the games in years past was friends and family of all the players who got craped on over the past two years. Now that those players are gone so are the fans.

3. - It costs alot to get a field and when you have to pay for the field and everything else it is better that a team that is no match just stay at home, it saves everyone money and nobody gets beat by 50 points.
A. - I thought that the mighty cutters have all the money they need. I mean you guys HAD a bus "not anymore", you guys HAD "fans" not anymore, You guys HAD "class" not anymore, You HAD a "Field" not anymore. Just becuase you think they are not match does not make it true.

4. I have heard that the Panthers won't be in Indy on Saturday night, I heard that they have elected to forfiet the game, that is BS it gives the Generals an extra week off to rest up and get fresh for the Wolfpack
A. - So what if the panthers dont show. That is none of your biz it would have been if you was the #1 seed but your not.

5. - yes the Wolfpack will win their game with the Shamrock with ease you can write that down
A. - The Crush also have to lose, If the Crush win they play the Generals. The Shamrock are not going to laydown for anyone.

6. - The Cutters will have to pay for the field and compete with an I.U game on the same day which isn't good for attendence I guess it could be worse I.U is at least kicking off at noon.
A - The way you guys talk you guys could beat IU Why would anyone miss the cutters game for them.
Get yourself some frenchcries and a whinakin and shut the hell up.

just to help you out when a team has Three weeks off in a row it does not help them out,or let them "rest up" it actuly allows them three weeks to get sloppy, im not saying that will happen with the generals. I am reminded about 2007 when the cutters were in the MFL and did nothing but complain about having three weeks off due to forfiets or byes. ask the owners of your team they will agree.

do not complain about the raiders they will play you and they will not give you the game either.
wouldnt it be differant if the raiders played spoiler and ruined your fun.

I would also like to add The Shamrock Mustang Playoff game last year. I take nothing away from the Mustangs
but even they will agree when we played them in the play offs last year it was a great football game. I know we did not have to travel far but we still traveled and played a team that beat us in regular season 40 something to nothing and the final of playoff game was 17-14 or something like that. Good luck to all and i hope every team chooses to play and play their best.ty7f

Solution: You take the top 5 teams from the MFL and the top 5 teams from the IFL and combine them. everyone else can make there own league. lol even though it will never happen, it would be great for semi pro.

Funny how a year changes things. Last season you would have been one on the outs left to make your own league.

I agree with Walser13's statement 100%

I would be willing to bet the boys that you can not get the top five teams to even commit to being around next year at this point in time

Seriously, you dont say. WOW i'm glad you pointed that out. You know what your post tells me. It tells me that you know who I am, Who know who I played for, and it also tells me that you must know I am a bad mother when I am on the field! No matter what team I play for or league I am in, I bring it. like you said, that was last year, what team were you on? I am so happy to be on a great team this year and can not wait for playoffs. Thanks for the support cooke, you realized it was just a general statement and suggestion.

By the way, i realize now after reading my post it sounds like I am shitting on the lower tier teams. I did not meant to do that by any means. I just feel it would be better for Semi-pro to combine the top teams in each league and let the less fortune ones develop in a league that will let them grow and build. I was watching the english league soccer the other day and what they do is something similar. The top 2-3 teams from the bottom league go up a class and the bottom teams drop from the upper league each year or every couple. Like i said, I was bored readin though posts and thought it would be good for semi-pro. I also know it would likely never happen, because in order for it to happen the top teams themsevles would have to get together and form the league and get away from both the MFL and IFL. Just a thought.

It's not that I didn't read this post, I just haven't responded till now. Jake Neumann emailed me directly on August 17th when the playoff picture was beginning to come clear and asked if things stayed the way they were if we would be traveling to Evansville for the playoffs. If anyone from our league would like to see that correpsondence, I will email it to you with with Jake's approval, but I will not post it here. I discussed it with Cecil and we determined we are not going to go. At the time, we were having trouble getting enough guys to play home games, let alone trying to travel 5 1/2 hours. Our numbers have since increased since some of our players from last year have come back, but that does not change our decision. We simply can't afford to come down there. I don't know if a lot of players realize this, but as much as I love the sportsmanship, heart, and dedication that exists in this league, money is what makes things happen. If we had not lost the two sponsors we had lined up at the beginning of the year, we would probably be going. The other issue is that the new rule in the MFL is that if you don't give 48 hours notice of a forfeit on an away game, you are responsible for all the ref fees, refunded tickets, lost concessions, etc. If that is not paid, it's like an unpaid league fee. At the time Jake emailed me, we were having trouble getting guys at games, and we simply could not take that risk. Without sponsors, Cecil pays for a lot of stuff out of his own pocket and that's an expense neither he or I can afford. We have rent, house payments, car payments, utilities, etc. just like everyone else and we refuse to risk our personal finances like that. I have never been a part of a forfeit until this year and I wish things could be different, but I can't tell my wife I can't make my car payment because I had to play a football game.

For any player that has a problem with this, I invite you start your own team, land sponsors and keep them, find a field (which means overcoming the stigma of semi-pro), recruit players, recruit coaches, arrange transportation, buy footballs, kicking tees, blocking dummies, field equipment, etc. You can also deal with league issues, talk to the other owners, and deal with situations that are brought up by your players. If you're lucky, you'll have sponsors to cover the refs. If not, you'll be walking up and down at halftime begging for money. You also have to deal with your own players starting stuff on anonymous message boards. Reputations that are built up for years can be torn down in 5 minutes when anyone can say what they want. Jake, Zach, Cecil and I know this firsthand. So why do we do it? Because we love this game and we love our guys (and we really do love the guys on our team) and there's nothing more fun than getting to hit guys as hard as you can and not go to jail for it. None of us have to do this. None of us have to play and none of us have to run these teams. Sometimes things don't work out like we thought they would. That's just life.

I apologize to the Bearcats for not coming down there for the playoffs. It isn't what we want but it's the way things are this year.

Mr. Walser,

I guess I need to spell it out. In no way was my previous post a slam to you or the Riot. It was actually a compliment saying that you have moved a long way from the situation you were in a year ago. Obviously the Vikings and Riot guys came together and have done very well as the Force. Congratulations on that. While I don't like just dropping the struggling teams something should be done to help them and their players. I also think that the IFL and the MFL people should get together and discuss coming back into one Indiana league. It would be better for everyone. Less travel, more competition it could be great for everyone if done properly.

This is just a game. Relax you shouldn't take me so Serious. LOL

the whole thing with the riot last season was my fault
i was the guy trying to run a team and was very bad at it but i learned a lot and have respect for anyone trying to keep this level of football alive. so if anyone is to blame for what i like to call the RIOT Rule. at least i left my make some how