supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panthers vs. Generals

We've been told that the Panthers were not going to be coming to Indy to play us. Goodluck to everyone playing this weekend. Have fun everybody.

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

Re: Panthers vs. Generals

That's SAD that is exactly what makes the IFL look bad. If a team commits to a league that team should sack up and play, even if you are gonna get handled by 40 points , you owe to yourselves, fans, and families who sacrifice all season the cheat them out of a game because you don't want to make the drive and get beat. It also screws the Generals . A week off can hurt your timing. The league will do nothing and still let them in , it is a shame for sure.

Hey listen, the Panthers only had 13 people to make a 4 hour or so trip down to Indianapolis to play. I bet YOU wouldn't want to come down to play a game with 13 people. It is what it is and we can't change it now.

Generals - Be ready to go, we have A LOT of work to do for the next game on the 19th.

Everyone on this board has all the right answers and to me it is just funny as hell that the IFL has this problem. They started the year with ten teams including some new ones and a new postion on the league board funny isn't it that the new postion was "NEW TEAM DEVELOPEMENT" what went wrong on that one did someone fumble at the goalline or was it at midfield. The IFL has been on the MFL for years now but look who has had a full league the past two years is it by chance that since the cutters left the MFL for the IFL that the MFL has had ten teams and no folding teams and the IFL in those same two years has had two seasons with less than the full ten league teams.
Chance I don't think so but hey wilder things have happened.
Now about the forfeits they are what they are who can blame a team if they only have 13 or 15 players blame the league leadership or should I say lack of leadership maybe everyone should stop listening to one team and vote whats on your own mind. I think that if the Cutters and Generals make it to the ship which I doubt will happen I look for both of them to get knocked off in the semi finals but should they make it the game will be one hell of a game for sure maybe this time the Cutter coach will stay on the sideline and not go chasing after little old men but then since the league did nothing maybe it will be a free for all hold on to your canes and walkers folks this one could get ugly

BigAl
That's SAD that is exactly what makes the IFL look bad. If a team commits to a league that team should sack up and play, even if you are gonna get handled by 40 points , you owe to yourselves, fans, and families who sacrifice all season the cheat them out of a game because you don't want to make the drive and get beat. It also screws the Generals . A week off can hurt your timing. The league will do nothing and still let them in , it is a shame for sure.

yet the ifl didnt allow the cougars to play this year.

if you remember the first year of the cutters we played a NEW team that only had 12 guys 4 hours away.

Give the panthers some respect for playing the full season but come now would you want to travel 5 hours so another team can put 50 to 80 points up on you? Wow that would help out any team and make them feel great would it not. Dont bash them for these reasons because you know it would not be fun if the shoe was on the other foot. Talk all you want but sometimes this is the best thing to do.

Its not about forefiting because a team dosent wanna play or are scared like u ppl think! I know in my descision making it was more of the fact that if we play with 12 or 13 guys we are putting players in seriouse unneeded danger!

the generals have no bitter feelings toward panthers. sucks to not have a game prob hell prob helped us get a lil more before a tough game next week. our qb wouldnt have been able to make game either so we might not have been clicking on all cylinders we might need too week before a big game. hopefully the panthers can add some players to theyre roster and compete in the ifl again next year. again no hard feelings from our team, shoot thanks for coming down the first week. that drive is never fun.

Hensley x-Raider77
Its not about forefiting because a team dosent wanna play or are scared like u ppl think! I know in my descision making it was more of the fact that if we play with 12 or 13 guys we are putting players in seriouse unneeded danger!

True, but there's always a chance of getting hurt. I was good to go regardless.

Let me know if you find a team next season. You're one of the ones I enjoyed playing with.

Also in response to the above posting: the Cougars called the IFL up and let them know they couldn't play due to having eleven players. It was not the IFL's call there. So six of those players joined the Raiders this season.