supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raiders Forfiet

Another playoff game down due to forfiet (lack of players) i'm guessing?

I'll leave it up to the raiders to give a reason if they choose...

Kurt

Re: Raiders Forfiet

This is some real bs, i mean we were told all week long that they were not goin to do this and that they were bring down 30 to 35 guys and now 5hrs before the game we are told that they are not comin....wtf, this is why ppl dont respect what we do, what kinda of statement does this say about the heart your team is supposed to have????? we have ppl that have already driven down to get ready for the game, hell, i personally missed a bach party, a weddin, and massive amounts of other ish that i could have gotten into for nothin....i mean i told my best friend that i couldnt go to his stuff because i had a playoff game today and i couldnt do both and i chose my team over my friend.....i dont know what happened but either way its some bull

Yes it was for lack of players! We showed to our meeting spot and we had 13 guys show up! One left and we had 12. As of wendsday we had 26 confirmed to play! I am embaressed to have played with the players on this team and for there lack of character.I will no longer play with the Raiders if they have a team and i totaly believe that they ruined the chance for them to be in the IFL next year!! Sorry for the let down Cutters!! I do not know if i will land on a team anywhere next year or not at this point but if a commited team needs an o-linemen......

Hensley#77 but that number can change!

77 it is some bs, we are just really upset because this samething happened to us last year but the team was the WRANGLERS, we were told that the Raiders are not them and they are a different team but i'll be damned if this ish didnt happen again....hopefully u get on another team cuz u are a good player but i dont blame u for quittin that team

Now at the beginning of the season when we had 10 teams and had a North and South division I thought that was great......with the way things are these days having less travel was the way to go
Then after hearing that the playoffs would be cross division this is exactly what I thought would happen back then...

then unfortunately we had the Cougars and Knights situation.....

Its def unfortunate and bad for everyone but what can you do

Things are def different nowadays....at least from my playing days experience....all we can hope for is better days in the future

-Coach Bell

There's no doubt there was a lack of heart on the team.

I was one of the few players who sat the bench all season, never missed a practice or game (road included) and wanted to show up and play, even with 13 players.

We had one player on the road who was in Anderson because we went back and forth on the issue.

The folks who showed up were the ones who didn't miss anything all season, but I guess the ones that didn't show didn't want to drive six hours to get walloped.

My chances of playing for the Raiders next season are significantly less now. I gave up working all the Saturdays to play with these guys, even when I hardly got into the games. It is truly a disappointment. The coach can't be blamed; he was stuck in a bad spot when our other coaches quit at the start of the season - he was more or less on his own.

But for players to play all season over me, then decide to not show up in the one game that means everything, win or lose, really speaks to me about the sacrifices I made.

I was one of the Mercer County Cougars players that came over to the team, so I understood my role and respected it well enough, but this is totally disgusting. I wanted to show the Cutters we had some class, but the truth of the matter is, only about 18 of us do, since we did have some folks who did have legitimate injuries.

Hopefully you guys can commit to your other stuff; I apologize, although I was one of the very few that really wanted the game to go on.

Again, I do want to state there are some guys I really respect on the team, and you folks know who you are without me posting your names here. But the classy few have been overshadowed by the many folks whose hearts just aren't in it, because they can't acknowledge that there's always a glimmer of hope.

Either way, I have met some folks I'll not forget, and am proud to meet those guys, but if anyone else nearby could use a receiver or scat back/backup returner, I may think about playing elsewhere, since commitment hasn't said much this season. Of course, who knows what the team will look like next season, but the opponents may be from a different league.

Props to Big Mike on our team, who did a lot for a lot of players on our team and played hurt all year. Hope the arm gets better.

you know what this league has six team they may never admit that but yes six teams is all they have and out of those six I would say two will not return next year. I'm sure the Generals will be back as well as the Mustangs and Wolfpack, I don't see any reason why the Shamrock wouldn't come back or the Cutters or Crush but there was a thread on here not long ago that asked teams to stand up and committed and be counted for next year and there were some that did not reply at all,
I will say that four of these team will be back and the IFL will have 6 new teams in the league, as far as the Raiders and Panthers with the numbers they have and the quality of play they should not be invited back to the league but rather they should find a league that they fit into better.
Looks like the IFL needs to delvelope its new team development program.

dont feel bad the cards forfeited our game too, they thought our game started at 8, but really kickoff for us is at, personally i think it was for playoff seeding but they'll never come out and say it

I hope that isnt the reason, but it is starting to look that way. I was really looking forward to playing a game today, but practice was fun also.I know it is going to suck driving down that far to evansville if we make in the second round, but the way I see it is we get to play on a nice field, travel a little bit(never been to evansville), and plus we can score the biggest upset of the year! lol good luck men, I hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

what of99 was tying to say was our game kickoff time has been 4:00 p.m. all season long and everyother team that came here managed to get it right...we had a large crowd come out and we gave all there money back as well as paid for the refs!! They never even bothered to call us ..we called them with only 10 min. to go till kickoff and noticed there were no cards there.....that is when they said"we forfit"!!

Calm down big guy!! It will be ok. They were just afraid that I might go off for a big game again. LOL im jk Cards, But it would be nice to have a rep confirm what the problem was. Any way, I hope you guys are all ok for the playoffs and maybe we can meet. Lets make a short memory of this and get ready for the Blitz.

There was a mixup between a few posts on the league message board. All in all it came down to a misunderstanding on the Cardinals part. As for the Cardinals forfeiting this game for the reason of playoff seeding, I assure you that is not the case. If they were to want to do that, they would have forfeited early in the week so as it would not cost them the money to pay the refs. As much as it seems like a playoff seeding deal. It all but guarantees them a meeting with the Patriots, not really a matchup that I would want to tangle with to start a playoff run!

See ya next week!!!

Andrew Davis
Ohio Force VP

damn pit i was trying to be nice, and yes cards v.s. pats if i was in the cards shoes i wouldnt want to play em either but travel wise it is just down the road for them lol p.s. OSU=Overrated

As was stated earlier in the post yes the forfiet was due to a lack of commitment and players. First and formost let me apologize to the Cutters organization. As for the the rest of the Raiders that read this post unless you were one of the very few (13) that accually showed up at our meeting place or had a very good reason not to show up. Don't bother even trying to give any of your bulls*** excuses anymore. I understand that this unfortinate incident resulted in the Cutters a chance to stay in shape for next week not to mention the fact that your going to loose money, and possibly even a few game sponsors for next year again my apologies from the guys that showed up and really wanted to play. The Raiders had a core group of very dedicated guys that showed up for everything all yaer about 25 of them. Due to some internal issues over the last week i guesse some of those guys quit, but the rest of us are still planning on feilding a team next year. This means a lot of recuiting new dedicated players that won't let this happen again.
To the rest of the IFL thank you for a very fun and exciting year hope to play again next year without these problems.
Thank You Dan Hale President Tri-County Raiders

OF99
dont feel bad the cards forfeited our game too, they thought our game started at 8, but really kickoff for us is at, personally i think it was for playoff seeding but they'll never come out and say it

that's an interesting strategy cotton, lets see if it plays out for them.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball! If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!. Dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge! LMAO

Bebop, Hale, and Flash, i apologize for telling you all i was going to play, unfortunately i got a high ankle sprain at work friday night, so the chances of me playing at all were shot down, ive been pissed off all day because of it, but that does not excuse the players without a good excuse. If i could even stand up straight i would have suited up because i love this damn game to much to just say "why should i drive 6 hours to get beat", i made those drives last year with the wranglers when we would take 15 guys at max to the games. But ending this post i apologize to the cutters and the DEDICATED Raiders

i went to the force game with the Cardinals witch tirned in to a force interteam scrimmage and still had a good time! I bought 50/50 tickets from the Pewee football team and had some good food there! Also watched them practice awhile and heard some good music!! Almost got in the corn hole tournament but didnt see any compition for me lol!n Kidding i suck at it, but i wanted to tell the force my wife and i had fun,

X Raider 77,...so glad u made it to our game...oops, I mean intersquad game...lol!! Glad u and ur wife had fun there and u are welcome to come anytime!!!

Stith I was surprised when you didn't show, but you've been committed all season, which was awesome.

Cool I didnt even know you was there 77. So, did we have an awesome practice or what. Did you see my 2 TDs? lol! I am counting them for the season, I dont care what anybody says. We supposedly won 28-0 so we have to fill in the TDs. lol, any way im glad you came out, and I hope to see you next year. wink ;)

Walser13
Cool I didnt even know you was there 77. So, did we have an awesome practice or what. Did you see my 2 TDs? lol! I am counting them for the season, I dont care what anybody says. We supposedly won 28-0 so we have to fill in the TDs. lol, any way im glad you came out, and I hope to see you next year. wink ;)

If thats the case i get the other two

I as the coach of the raiders wanted to apologize to the entire IFL,The Cutters for the disappointment of not playing Saturday night, and the fans that did show up for that game. I was not going to be able to be at the game, My son was injured pretty bad in his Friday night high school football game and we spent the entire day Saturday bouncing from one Dr to another, consulting surgeons and having so many tests done I lost count of what they all were. I will let you know he is ok, his career is most likely done, but he is not permanently injured thank goodness.

As far as the Raiders are concerned, I am sure you have read enough comments from the players that posted here to glean that this is a team in total chaos. They have 26 guys commit all week long to be there and then do not show up. They are in my opinion worthless and classless. You have 12 guys show up and there is no way 12 guys can even begin to think they can play a 4 Qtr game against a team the caliber of the Cutters. These 12 men would have been most likely injured and risked their livelyhood which we all know isn't a reasonable thing to ask anyone to do. Family must be first, the 12 that did show up made that choice.

I have been associated with football at every level but the NFL. I have never seen anything like this in my life and I myself am embarrassed and humiliated that this occurred. The only thing that can really be said is We are truly sorry for the embarrassment and the inconvenience we caused anyone. I truly have never been in a situation where I have been more embarrassed or humiliated than I am now.

I do not apologize for those players that were dedicated all season, they played thru injuries, thru chaos, gave up family time, and made sacrifices for the team and the game only to be out done by a bunch of uncommitted people that just want to wear a jersey and say they play football. These men are the reason all of us decided to do what we did this season, these 20 or so guys showed it thru the entire season.

As for the Cougar players that joined our team, thanks for the dedication, you showed more than our own players. For those of you that are looking for a new team next year good luck, stay healthy and play well.

walser13,evansville is a wonderful place it has nice feilds and bearcats.Upset?

Hey B70 Im just saying, I do not plan to travel that far and lose man lol. But of course it is your job to prove me wrong. If you know me, I bring it every where I play and this year the team I am on is the exact same way. I think we would be a nice change of pace for you guys. I really hope we get the chance to play you. Hey good luck the rest of the season.

Peck you do not get any credit because you gave up our only TD as a linebacker. I thought you were better than that!!!

Walser13
Hey B70 Im just saying, I do not plan to travel that far and lose man lol. But of course it is your job to prove me wrong. If you know me, I bring it every where I play and this year the team I am on is the exact same way. I think we would be a nice change of pace for you guys. I really hope we get the chance to play you. Hey good luck the rest of the season.

Peck you do not get any credit because you gave up our only TD as a linebacker. I thought you were better than that!!!

hey i did pretty good for a 340lb linemen playing linebacker lol