supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not impressed

Im a fan of the IFL, I have a friends that play, but was in Brazil visiting family this past weekend. I decided to attend the game Saturday between the Bearcats and Wildcats. I couldn't help but notice that the Bearcats maybe be a tad bit overrated in secondary. Rumors had it they were fast and ballhawks. #9 for the Wildcats was torching their secondary all evening. If this is MFL's best team, I don't think you do so hot in the IFL. Wildcats lost I know, but they shot themselves in the foot. They lost the ball two times inside the 5yard line. Im not bashing the Bearcats, just w/ all the hype I expected yall to be stronger and a little faster.

Re: Not impressed

I'm sorry we're not what you expected, but we don't need your approval to continue winning ballgames.

If you actually were at the ballgame and weren't only trying to bring our team down you might have noted that #9 had a total of 3 catches. One of which was very well defended, but he made a great play.

You may have noticed that nearly all of our players who made the trip(about 35 or so) were rotating during the entire game.

You might also want to think about the fact that the Wildcats are also a very strong, athletic team with great coaching.

You may also note that our offense rolled up over 400 yards and 33 points against a very good defense on the road.

If you'd been to more than one game you would also see that we had some of our best defensive athletes playing strictly offense. A good defense might bend but they don't break. And yes, the Wildcats fumbled the ball twice inside our five yard line, but they didn't just drop the ball either.

Finishing your post with 'not bashing the Bearcats' and then saying 'with all the hype I expected yall to be stronger and a little faster' is a pretty clear contradiction.

Why in the world would you go out of your way to say how unimpressed you were with a team unless you were just trying to convince yourself?

IFL Fan,

I don't recall us playing games to impress you.

You should have come up and seen me after the game and expressed your thoughts in person. I would have given you your $5 back. Maybe I should make a $5 donation to the IFL Fireworks Fund or better yet, hire some security for IFL coaching staffs in the playoffs. I am going to email the producers of the Jerry Springer show to make sure that they have a crew out to film your league's Championship game.

The easiest way to solve these questions is to have the MFL Champion Play the IFL Champion at the end of the two seasons. From what I can tell, the players on all sides want this. It is up to the "leaders" to make it so.

Such a game will put a lot of this Message Board BS to rest.

We are focused on winning the games that are on our schedule from here on out. I wish that the "leaders" could get some of these games on the schedule in late 2009.

The Wildcats are a great young team. I feel that we will see them again very soon. No matter what level of football you are on, it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

forget u chris cooke i have seen u talk on here to much so i thought well maybe this guy is pretty good well let me tell u what i saw when i went to the game ur a fatass who does nothin at all but talk a game and u cannot play ur just a fatboy who cant move face it ur garbage so quit talkin like ur a badass cause u arent and u look like the type of person whos been on springer a couple of times

IFL player: I feel sorry for whatever team you supposedly play for. You obviously aren't a thinker because your response is absolutely uncomprehensible. It's okay though, I'm sure you're a standout player. That's why you posted your team, name, and number...oh, wait..no you didn't.

To quote a favorite movie of mine....

What you've just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point during your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ifl player
forget u chris cooke i have seen u talk on here to much so i thought well maybe this guy is pretty good well let me tell u what i saw when i went to the game ur a fatass who does nothin at all but talk a game and u cannot play ur just a fatboy who cant move face it ur garbage so quit talkin like ur a badass cause u arent and u look like the type of person whos been on springer a couple of times

Man it never gets old....I am 33 years old and have been hearing that since the 1st grade. Be a man and come up with something better. I hope that we play your IFL Team so you can maybe shut me up on the field. However, I doubt that game will ever happen due to the many egos in leadership positions in Semi-Pro Football...

But listen to me now, when we win out, the IFL Champion will be on notice that a team from Evansville would like to see them on the field in 2009! No excuses or BS, just play the game and leave it on the field!!!

Chris Cooke
ifl player

Man it never gets old....I am 33 years old and have been hearing that since the 1st grade. Be a man and come up with something better. I hope that we play your IFL Team so you can maybe shut me up on the field. However, I doubt that game will ever happen due to the many egos in leadership positions in Semi-Pro Football...

But listen to me now, when we win out, the IFL Champion will be on notice that a team from Evansville would like to see them on the field in 2009! No excuses or BS, just play the game and leave it on the field!!!

Wooooooo!!!
How about you direct your challenge towards one JOSH TERHUNNE. I think he might take you up if you have the jollies to call him out. He probably will say something like this... We are only worried about the wolfpack and after that the IFL champ. then if you wanna talk contact us. WWW.WE'llFUCKYOU-UP.COM

He wont turn you down if you piss him off! FATBOY!!

From someone whos NOT a general
JUST someone who knows JT

Ric Flair
Chris Cooke
ifl player

Wooooooo!!!
How about you direct your challenge towards one JOSH TERHUNNE. I think he might take you up if you have the jollies to call him out. He probably will say something like this... We are only worried about the wolfpack and after that the IFL champ. then if you wanna talk contact us. WWW.WE'llFUCKYOU-UP.COM

He wont turn you down if you piss him off! FATBOY!!

From someone whos NOT a general
JUST someone who knows JT

Ric,

I don't remember calling anyone out by name...

Last time I checked, both the MFL and IFL Championships are still up for grabs. I was stating what course we will pursue when we win the MFL. If that is seen as a negative thing, than so be it. It doesn’t matter who these Champions are from both leagues, the game needs to happen. Then possibly the healing can begin and Indiana can have one league that is full of solid teams from top to bottom.

"But listen to me now, when we win out, the IFL Champion will be on notice that a team from Evansville would like to see them on the field in 2009! "

Sounds like you already crowned yourselfs Bud. The seasons not over yet.

Chris,

How would a championship game for bragging rights heal the fraction between the two leagues? Wouldn't that just cause more?

Your statements about towards the leaders of the two leagues don't do you team any favors next year on any course of actions whether that be staying in the MFL or moving to the IFL.

Voice your concerns to your teams management and let them make the proper contacts. I know Zach has been trying his best in setting up games for you guys after your regular season. Trust me, you can sit here all you want and ask for a game to happen, but unless you want to start your own team, you got to let your team's leaders do their job.

Congratulations on winning the number one seed, and the MFL South Division and good luck this weekend.

Like cooke always says " TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!" mister IFL all star! I hope we play you! so we can shut that mouth no disrespect when you talk about cooke your talking bout me and i Hate guys that are big and bad behind a keyboard! come play us we will not stop you! our D fence is waiting! we all will be waiting for you to be the man. mister IFL! your probably not even a player! come see what we are made of! we will send you home like a crying little school girl! hope to see you real soon! all star sorry bearcat47 this guy has it comein I lost my temper I tryed to keep my mouth shut but he pissed me off!

mc_pirates
Chris,

How would a championship game for bragging rights heal the fraction between the two leagues? Wouldn't that just cause more?

Your statements about towards the leaders of the two leagues don't do you team any favors next year on any course of actions whether that be staying in the MFL or moving to the IFL.

Voice your concerns to your teams management and let them make the proper contacts. I know Zach has been trying his best in setting up games for you guys after your regular season. Trust me, you can sit here all you want and ask for a game to happen, but unless you want to start your own team, you got to let your team's leaders do their job.

Congratulations on winning the number one seed, and the MFL South Division and good luck this weekend.

JJ,

I disagree with you on several of your points.

There are many other options for the Bearcats besides the MFL and IFL going forward in 2010. I don't see how my personal statements will effect any league that would want the Ohio River Bearcats since I am just a player. This is an open Semi-Pro Football Forum where we are free to express and post under whatever name we want to. I mean how does anyone beside Supa know that I am who I say I am on here?

On the game, I think a game between the two eventual champions will show where the talent levels are for both the IFL and MFL in 2009. It will showcase some of the top Semi-Pro talent in our state. Additionally, it is my personal opinion that there could be an entirely new league for Indiana since both the IFL and MFL have their limitations under their current structures.

Uh oh, Chris. Looks like you woke up the good ol' anonymous trash-talkin' posters. I would say good luck trying to have an intellectual battle there, but most of them lack the required equipment.

To the anonymous IFL poster who started this BS thread and anyone else who continues helping him under a vague IFL screen name:

Thank you all for thinking about us so much that you just HAD to come on here and start running your mouth. Trying to bring our team down without being provoked can only mean that you're thinking about us way more than we're thinking about you. And I personally love the thought of someone I don't even know from a team in a completely seperate league losing sleep over us before the season is even over.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it: ANONYMOUS POST=COWARD

You want to call us out, go ahead. But until you put your name or team up you could be anyone.

For now, I'll pretend that every anonymous poster for this subject is an adolescent boy who's confused about himself. He has a computer in his room and he constantly looks over his shoulder to see if his parents are watching. His name is Frankie.

So Frankie, please try reading a little bit more because as far as brains go, you're lacking. And as far as balls go....you're obviously still waiting for them to drop.

JJ,

Looks like my leaders are taking care of the issue and may agree with me a bit.....

look you probably play for the little sisters of the poor and still on your mammas tits little frankie, awww little frankie is a little brate that gets whatever he wants from a parents, they pretty much raised him to be a bitch. little frankie gets pushed around and beat up at school and kicked in the ribbs so he goes home and gets on he computer on starts talking shit to people he can't see so he doesn't have to suffer the out come. im sure thats what you think i'm sure cris cooke already knows your address phone # zip code its all fun until some one gets hurt in this case little frankie

You guys have earned the bullseye this year. Wear it with pride!

You notice that when you are an up-and-coming team, everybody wishes you the best and tells you that if you keep working you'll get somewhere. But then, when you finally start to really pull it together, they want to bash you and say you really aren't that good. I hope you guys don't take it personally, and I really don't want you to feel special, because you aren't!!!!
Unfortunately, it happens more often than anybody cares to even think about. One of the reasons "semi-pro" football has the rep that it does is because the people involved would rather put each other down than to admit that someone has done a good job and is lucky enough to have a winning team at that moment.
True success isn't always measured in wins and losses, but how long has your team been around(Indiana Mustangs, Lima Warriors), how strong your core is, and what you can give back to the community that supports you.
I have complete respect for those who put a team together and can maintain it, trust me when I say that it's not an easy task and it takes a lot of work. More often than not, there is no thanks or even appreciation for what you do. Everyday we hear from someone how they could do it better, or how we aren't doing it right, yet they don't step up and try to help make it better they just criticize.
Many players, and some owners and coaches, have such a strong sense of entitlement that it is unreal. They take for granted the chance that we have all been given.
I would be an idiot to believe that any of that is going to change any time soon, but for those of you who want to do your best to tear an organization down, stop and think about just how much we all have in common and be grateful for the opportunity to play competitive football as a grown man.
Now kiss and make up!!!!

Wayne,

I shouldve known with a post containing "kissing" and "make up" that youd be responsible!

Now wheres my dawgonne Menudo CD!?!!?!?!?!?

PS, you dont have to be a up n comin football team to get bashed...just a nineteen year old singer or maybe President of the US ..Thats when you REALLY deserve it!

Hendricks

come play us and we will show you the truth. we are the truth the best damn team around! its not that we are good, but we are!But even if we did beat you, you guys would still think your the best haha! yes we are a new coming team, and yes we are undefeated and you all just wanna be like us. haha keep talkin

Brian,
I keep tellin you I don't know where you put that CD, maybe now you'll quit sendin me copies of it, the first one was more than enough. I did find that unreleased ABBA vinyl that I told you about, you still interested?

And Beyonce's video was better, she's cuter!! It's amazing what a bottle of liquor on your way into the awards show can do for your courage and probably your career, WTG Kanye, IDIOT!!!! As far as the president subject, I will say that any of the people bitchin have the chance to fix either by their vote, or running for the office

Easy there 71, you still have some games left to play.

Yeah, 71. Take it easy on the best around stuff. Victory is earned, not a given.

we will crush you 60-7 MMWAAHAHAHA (in a russian acsent)

YES I KNOW THIS IM JUST READY FOR SATURDAY

I'm glad we're on the same page 71 pats by 53 points

yeah right us by two touch downs loser

do you have question marks around your name cause your not sure about your sexuality? (?patriotsleader?) just a question

you guys sure talk alot...

From earlier, why hasnt there been any talk about or to the generals?? They are the number 1 seed in the IFL... why dont you go at them... DONT EVEN TELL ME "ONE GAME AT A TIME". Obviously you dont listen to your leaders as they try to hush your asses on here. Why dont you?? Do you question yourselves "maybe they could whoop our asses"? I've seen the generals play and they are the undefeated team in INDIANA (i dont think they're any good) haha JK there fellas.
IF YOU THINK YOURE THAT GOOD THEN QUIT PLAYING TEAMS YOU KNOW YOU CAN BEAT...

Good Luck Wolf
and whoever else plays
the river-rats

Kurt

Kurt,

I can appreciate your position, but you are the first person to actually talk about us that isn't afraid to post his name or team affiliation.

It's hard to know who to play when the person calling you out is too scared to come out from behind the curtain.

As I look into the future, I see a Bearcats vs a Top IFL Team matchup sometime in mid to late October...

Chris Cooke
As I look into the future, I see a Bearcats vs a Top IFL Team matchup sometime in mid to late October...

Its tough to overlook shit on here, especially the anonnymous shit. It just gets worse as you win...
I played for the SCBroncos and won 31 or so straight LEAGUE games 3 straight titles got the national invite to florida and all we ever heard was negative shit. So get used to it and dont fight every fight on here...

And as I look into the future I see you still talking about it...

its great when you dont have to talk about yourselves and other people do, but thats all you guys do is talk. You may win your league but even that doesnt mean shit...

The problem you will run into is the IFL is finished on the 26th of sept. the MFL is done later in october. So even if a game did take place the IFL champ would be on stand by while you all still stayed on top of your games... not something any team wants to do... if you were really serious you should propose to line up the schedules so they end the same time or the crapy way and do it in the preseason which as i found out PROOVES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Do something to earn some respect instead of 4 or 5 of you just running your mouth on the computer.

SEMI-PRO is alot bigger than IFL-MFL
CHALLENGE THE CHICAGO THUNDER/TORNADOS/OR EVEN LIMA WARRIORS...

i bet these guys wouldnt use your team as a "doormat" preseason game...
www.oklahomathunderfootball.com
these guys deserve respect...

Kurt

i'm ready for semi finals

Kurt,

I see your point, but don't agree with it. I know for a fact that we have other teams ranked higher than either of the current top IFL teams that will have sat out longer than either of you by the time our season ends who want to play us in late October. That doesn't seem to be an issue for them, why is it for an IFL team based upon your prior statement?

Chris,
that is the other teams choice... If it happened that way it would be a disadvantage towards the team who is waiting... either way the issue you brought up was IFL/MFL champs. Whomever the IFL champ is I guarantee they will not be interested in waiting a month to play a "meaningless" game.

Kurt

I'm not going to play the 'let's all get along' card because I know better, but I do have a general question for IFL/MFL/Indiana teams....

Would this all not be easier if we could all be in the same league. Say with a big north and a big south division with the winner of each playing for a championship?

I know a lot of people want to say 'never happen', but I have to ask why not? Especially since everyone seems to want to play each other anyway?

It seems that there are enough smart team managers out there that it could be made to work fairly easily.

I have no problem with any team in any league in the entire state. And it seems everyone wants a 'rule by committee' system.

I'd get my team in it for sure.

how about you hold that thought until the finally "OK" the I69 project to evansville...

I hate the drive to evansville and hate anyone who actually enjoys it... I64 sucks

Do your league a favor and move to Jeffersonville atleast...

Kurt

Kurt,

Better idea...you guys move to Vincennes.

The drive to Evsnsville is ridiculous for just about any team in the state. Even the Wildcats have a healthy two and a half hours. What's worse is, you guys would probably be the next closest.

While I can see how that may not be fun, we will have made four road trips of at least 4 and a half hours this year. We don't have much choice in that department. We're geographically screwed.

But if we're ever going to play these tough teams in this state, they have to come here or we have to go there. That's been the only issue since day 1.

As far as people coming on here for the Bearcats and talking about themselves goes, our guys may go overboard sometimes, but it's usually only inresponse to some troll on here running his mouth like the beginning of this thread. Does any other team react differently? No. And while I would prefer my players not respond to any of it, I can't stop them. Just like you're free to say whatever you want on here, they're free to do as they will.

But if you're going to base your opinion of our team on the comments of the few guys that come on here, then I actually feel a little sorry for you that you don't get to meet the 90 percent of our guys who don't find it necessary to come on here. Because they are a good group of talented, hard working guys.

Just like I have't judge the Pats, Generals, Cutters, or any other team on the guys that come on here, I would hope you could extend us that same courtesy.

As I have found in the last 2 years, most teams are not like their SupaFan experience would suggest.

Best of luck to you and your team in the playoffs.

The thing is we have it good, almost everybody on our team is from Evansville so it would be pointless. We have our feet stuck in concrete and you all can come down here and play us, so if you don't like it then quite. Don't forget we have to drive the same distance we don't like it either but that is just how it is.

Alright Tenhumberg, that's it.

No more Supafan for you.

I've warned you several times privately about being conscious of what you post. Now you're out of rope.

Until further notice this website is READ ONLY for you.

If you don't like it you can take it up with Jake.

The last time I checked it is only 90 miles between Bloomington and Evansville. Yes, for now it is a two lane road, but Bloomington is still closer than any team we have faced in MFL league play this season.

#47's idea would work if teams would all get on the same page for once. Additionally, it is not like a team is going to drive all the way down here to play in a cow pasture without lights, locker rooms, and proper seating for fans.... I am pretty sure the Reitz Bowl or any of the EVSC facilities that we use would rival any of the High School and Small College stadiums in the entire State of Indiana.

I agree, if I had to drive a few hours, it would be worth it to drive a little more to play at your facility. It's nice not having to worry about 6 inch long grass or holes in the field. You feel a little less like an amateur when you step on the Bearcat's field.

Hey if anyone wants to be truely impressed come out to the Cutter game tomorrow night and watch the Cutters open up an EXTRA LARGE CAN OF WHOOP A$$ on the Mustangs the game is going to be a blow out Cutters WILL repeat in 2009

Pats #4,

I'd prefer to play you on a field with 6 inch long grass and holes in it. Anything to slow you down and keep you in the pocket.

Thanks to work, I won't be finishing out the season, unless we make it deep into the playoffs. It was real fun, and unfortunately I'll miss the one game I was really looking forward to.

to the bearcat fellas,
I do not live in Bloomington!! Even if i did that would be the crooked-est 90miles ever driven!!

Kurt
Columbus

Kurt,

Columbus? 65-64 is all interstate!

I know you'd come down once a year if it was available. You gain an hour on the way down. Lose one coming back, but that's besdie the point

PATS #4,

Damn. You really know how to take some excitement out of a weekend! I know how it goes with work though. Hope you get to see us in October.