supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Football Quotes

Trying to maintain order during a legalized gang brawl involving 80 toughs with a little whistle, a hanky and a ton of prayer. ~Anonymous referee, explaining his job

Football is, after all, a wonderful way to get rid of your aggressions without going to jail for it. ~Heywood Hale Brown

Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: [from academe] A modern school where football is taught. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental. ~Doug Plank

Let's face it, you have to have a slightly recessive gene that has a little something to do with the brain to go out on the football field and beat your head against other human beings on a daily basis. ~Tim Green

You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four. ~Dan Birdwell

Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings. ~George F. Will

Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors. ~Frank Gifford

Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a good example of a contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty

When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team. ~George Raveling

I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body. ~Dave Barry

Re: Football Quotes

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important -like a league game or something.
- Dick Butkus

I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.
- Terry Bradshaw

I like to believe that my best hits border on felonious assault.
-Jack Tatum

These are a few of my favorite.

Re: Football Quotes

"If I am on the bench, then we are are better team."

-Mitchell Frantz

For all of those players who complain about playing time, think about this... There just may be a better player on the field in your position...

"Its all about the team..."