supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/19 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Top of the morning, SupaNation. Uncle Supa is excited to bring you this week's pics and is standing in awe of the evaporation of most of the 2009 season. It always goes quickly, but this season has passed more quickly than any before. There are stirrings of great offseason changes- and a sense that 2010 will be unlike any campaign before or since across the SupaNation. Before then, though, titles are to be won and trophies are to be handed out. To that great effort, I dedicate the rest of my prose.

East Central Wolverines @ Madison Co Pirates

If anyone had any doubt about the impact of a well coached, disciplined team- last week's Pirate win up north should put those doubts to rest. The Pirates - should they stay healthy- are in position to play spoiler in the MFL playoffs. First things, first, though: the merciful ending of the ECW season. Much has been said of the team, but let me say again that my hat is off to them, and I have to be honest that I am rooting for them to find paydirt this weekend.

Pirates 46
Wolverines 0

Noble County Wolfpack @ Indiana Generals

The Generals are damned good in every phase of the game. This is by far and away the best team of athletes to ever wear a Generals uniform and they are easily the odds on favorite to win the league. All of that said, if you think that they are not crapping their collective pants thinking about the threat that the Wolfpack represent, you've not seen the IFL this season. The Wolfpack are a great young team with the makings of a Dynasty in the IFL. They play with abandon and have much less to lose than do the Generals. For 3 quarters it will look like an upset, but the Generals will regain control in the final frame and win the day.

Generals 22
Wolfpack 20

Ohio Force @ Miami County Blitz

A great game to be sure with the future of each team uncertain. The Force have been as much a positive surprise as have the Blitz been a disappointment. Even with a down year, the Blitz are no slouch, and their having hosted this game is proof of that. Without respect to the future, one can expect a smashmouth ground oriented game in which the team that wins the turnover battle will win the day. Even on the road, that team is the Blitz. Stay tuned fro an interesting off-season in Miami County.

Force 24
Blitz 16

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Indiana Cutters

This repeat of the 2008 IFL title game will not, I am afraid, be filled with the last second big plays and excitement. The Mustangs have made an admirable recovery from the devastating loss of not only the best QB in the league, but his backup as well. The KC offense has found a way to stay competitive against a couple very tough teams down the stretch. The Cutters have underperformed much of the year and have yet to play up to their potential. This will be the week when the hosts open it up wide and show that they belong in the title game. For yet another year, the Mustangs are within one game of holding up the trophy.

Cutters 31
Mustangs 17

Ohio River Bearcats @ Adams County Patriots

The Bearcats can taste the MFL trophy already all the way down on the river. They've played well consistently all season long and made a big statement with a win over the WCW last week. On the other hand, the formidable Pats lost at home for the first time since the Coolidge administration last week and there are numerous rumors of internal issues and stress. The Bearcats have a long trip and one of the best teams in the league who still want a shot at the title to deal with. The Bearcats will get caught looking past the Pats and just barely stay alive.

Bearcats 26
Patriots 24

Union City Indians vs. Centerville Bulldogs

There's no easy way to say it, but it appears that this season's prospects for the Indians are worse than those of last year. Last week's loss made it clear that by comparison, the Indians are among the least competitive teams in the region. Though well conditioned and fairly disciplined, Maloy's kids just get outplayed week to week. The Bulldogs are among the very best teams that the Indians will see, and the fast surface in Muncie will not be a benefit. CCL cannot get here too soon- this week will be a tough whipping to take in the afternoon sun.

Bulldogs 41
Indians 6

So there it is. Go forth and play well. Bring back details. And most of all, make your mommas proud!

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/19 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

there wont be anything interesting in miami county well atleast in the OH.

Re: OFFICIAL Prediction Thread for 09/19 (POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE, NOT BELOW)

Hey you forgot about the WCW and the Indiana Cardinals.

Indiana Cardinals 0
West Central Wildcats 28 Final (Cards Forfeit)

This will likely be the match up next week as the MFL Playoffs begin.

Racine Threat 51
Mchenry Pirates 21

Threat will face the winner of the midstate steel and lincolnway Patriots for the MSFL Championship next weekend

Bearcats 43
Patriots 13

Generals 32
Wolfpack 14

After a quick start the Generals took a 13-0 lead early in the first quarter. The Wolfpack showed heart and battled back to score just before halftime. It was a see-saw battle in the second have with the Packing taking a 14-13 lead in the forth. The Generals answered with a touchdown, then stopped the pack and scored again on another fine reception by Joe Z. A defensive touchdown on Marlon Douglas' interception iced the game.

Pirates 53 Wolverines 0.

Thanks to the wolverines for making the trip down to the Cove. It takes real heart and passion for the game of football to keep doing what you have done each and every week.

Cutters 44
Mustangs 07

Well Finaly the Offense has made the connection, and they are moving the ball as one group. Get yourself ready because the cutters are going to Arlington; and they can't wait to see FIREWORKS.

This is the matchup we been wanting.

US, TOO. great job Cutters can't wait to see you guys next saturday. Great job Generals for moving on. Only one more game left and mission accomplished. Glad to see you back also, Kurt. This should be an exciting game. You guys want revenge and we are still waiting to put a COMPLETE game together. I guess we were saving it for the championship game. Alright, Let's finish the job Generals there is nothing to be satisfied with, yet.

I was at the Cutters game and Kurt didnt play just fyi

Supa at times I wonder if you have control over these games. Going into the 4th the Wolfpack had the lead 14-13 and it looked like the upset was going to happen. Two amzing drives by the Generals and a INT for a touchdown late in the 4th sealed the deal like you said would happen.

lol wow that is crazy!! he called it alomst exact. not the score but what would happen.. that's kinda cool