297 Indiana Titans v 286
378 Great Lakes Wolfpack v 371
416 Indiana Rage v 405
429 Lake County Steelers v 421
442 East Central Wolverines v 433
of 443

Last Updated 10/01/2009

Re: BCS Rankings - Oct 1 - Indiana Short List

this is crazy... what stupid formula is used to get these numbers? No i'm not bothered by the number 23 and 24... I'm bothered by #129!! I'd take them over MOST of the teams ahead of them... thats just my opinion!

Kurt

129th seems alot worse than it is in this case. It would be roughly equivalent to a college team being ranked 35th in the AP or Coaches' poll.

That being said I think the teams at the top(including ours) are a little high on the poll.

From my understanding, the program is purely based on statistics. There is no adjustment for quality of league or team or previous year's ranking. Its all based off of wins and losses inside and outside of leagues, home and away wins, and the rank of who you play at the time you play them.
And yes, the wolfpack would be like that team just outside of the top 25. 443 teams is a lot of teams to count for.
That is why I run my rankings that have a league bias in an attempt to more accurately rank the teams. Just continuing providing services to the Indiana Semi Pro Football Community

Thanks for the help, now I can get a grasp for why and where teams are ranked...

Kurt

From the following:

http://www.semiprobcs.com/how_the_system_works.htm

Check it out, the rankings are adjusted for everything mentioned above.

Face it, this is the best ranking system that the Semi-Pro Football Community has since it puts everyone as close to equal as possible.

Mr. McCormick and the Indiana website should both be thanked for the services that they provide us all!

Not to mention that the wolfpack were a mid 500 record team that is one of the reasons for the 129. Why would you put them higher? Maybe next year they do have a good team.

i was just wondering... i didnt realize it was strictly on wins and losses and quality of...

the games they lost were easily winnable and i dont think they are that bad...
thats all i meant

Kurt

But the two games they won against the shamrock could of went the other way to if not for those wins there season would not have been so wonderful. Not taking anything away from the wolfpack but the shamrock went into a major tail spin after the 21-14 overtime game and in real life came back from a 14-0 almost scoring in the last few seconds of the first half to lose 17-12 in a hard comeback. The shamrock are a few good players from winning more ball games but in the big picture are not in the same league as the cutters or generals. I dont think the shamrock will ever turn the tables and make it to that point for the simple fact that i dont think most of the same players will be back next year. Alot of bad feelings going on up north and i think key players will jump ship. We will see what 2010 will bring. I see a changing of the top runners and some new dogs making noise.