supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Two Cents - Special MFL Play-off Edition

ALLLLRIIIGHT!

SO Glad to be back on this side of the sick bed, but then I think * Aww man! Only two weeks left in the season - but they are gooooona be good ones!

Before I start, I wanted to congradulate the Indiana Cutters for winning the IFL Championship last Saturday - 7-6 Over the Indiana Generals.
Honestly, this was one of the best games, pro, college or semi pro I have seen in years, as every play was nail biting and edge of your seat suspense. If there was an award for best drama in a thriller for fotball games, this was the clear winner!!!
Also, I want to extend a congrats to the players and coaching staff of the Generals.
Boys - I know it's a tough loss, but there is NOTHING to hang your head about in a perfect season. That is an acomplishment few get to ever say were apart of.
Keep 'em high, boys.

Now, we have a couple more battles on the girdiron to see. One takes place by the River, the other by the Jungle...We took a good look at each one...Here goes...

Ohio Force(7-5) vs Ohio River Bearcats(12-0)

The Force head down the long road to the river to face the Bearcats after coming off one of their moststunning-impressive wins of the year-a defensively dominant performance against the favored Pirates. This was especially impressive due to the main thing I had been saying about the Force was that the lack of the defense would cause them an early exit from the playoffs, when it turns out that the defense that shined more than anything last game. (Along with some imaginative play calling on offense)
According to film and stats, running back Thomas Slife had over 97 yards rushing. But 'the play' was Tyler Tucker's TD reception that started the scoring after a scoreless 1st half.
The defense was led by a team-swarming effort, shutting down the holes for Pirate backs and allowing few yards in the air and never led up.
And although the Pirates never made it easy, the Force managed to avoid the BIG turnover that would cost them any points, and put down their first shut out of the year.
They will need to bring that same defense this weekend, no doubt.
The Bearcats have been waiting, waiting, and waiting to strap it up for the game, having the forfeit weekend last Saturday, and finally get to hit someone else.
They have yet to see the Force, so it will be an interesting matchup.
The Bearcat defense, primarily the DB’s will, be tested often and early as the Force’s forte’ is in the air.
Through assistance from Zach and some film, we have seen what happens when the ball goes in the air often on them, as part of the Sherman tank army - this part of the team are quite the “snipers” - picking off 7 passes in three games we watched alone.
The Key matchup will be the enormous 6’6 Shean Bosworth (force WR) against Bearcats’ DB’s Tate, Miles and back man Schlimmer.
Bos is a vet who is aware that he towers over most that cover him, and runs some of the best routes you'll see.
The other matchup that is key is the large Force OL (Peckham, Tyler, Alvizar) against the Bearcat D-line of Booker, Tieken, Capshaw and Madison. The Force O-line did a great job of protection and opening holes last weekend, but like any week of a playoff, the competition will be moved up a notch, and you don’t get much further up the talent pole than the front four for the Bearcats. They love to get in the backfield and disrupt the play before it starts, so running outside on them is tough, and inside simply isn’t possible.
At least, it hasn’t been so far.
Also, Walser (Force LB) will definitely need to keep Bearcat, QB Jamison Buck ( Honestly, I love that name! )contained as he is very dangerous running and throwing.
The Bearcats will see a good test, and as usual, I expect to see the usual fire from these men from the opening kickoff and I don’t think pretty much anyone is able to stop them at this point.
Not this tank, and not at thier base.

The Bearcats advance to the Championship

Bearcats 33
Force 19

Adams Co. Patriots(8-4) at West Central Wildcats(9-3)

This will be a good one. Coming off a slugfest 14-7 win over the hardnosed Blitz, the defending champs make the trip to the Jungle to Face the Wildcats, who came off an extremely impressive win over the Cards last week.
Both teams have shared success this year, but primarily the Patriots have done it with Offense, while the W-Cats have a carnivorous defense that played lights out in a game that looked as if they had it out for the Cards from the opening snap.
We have seen them fired up before, but there was something different in them last week, you could easily see it in the film. They were confident, not cocky, and it translated right into a big hit on the opening kickoff.
And they never stopped.
The Patriots also played a hard hitting game, trading right hooks with the Blitz all night and prevailing.
The Patriot D was probably the sight to see best, allowing less than 100 yards of total rush yards and maybe less in the air on the Blitz and made a living on the ground on offense.
Now with their QB back, the air attack will be at full force and will be tested, as they face yet another punishing defense in the Wildcats, who also posted a shutout last week.
They Key matchup here will be Patriot QB #4 vs. the Wildcat D, specifically Sampson, Schopmeyer, McCluskey, who make frequently found near the ball, as Mcluskey did a few weeks back with an INT TD for a score.
This is a very tough game to call, both teams are hungry, both teams are very well prepared. Both QB’s are solid, accurate throwers with EXCELLENT talent at the WR position.
The make up difference is that the Patriots must travel to a VERY hostile environment to take on a hostile- but classy and controlled team.
If this were any other team almost, I would pick Wayne’s warriors, but in this place, we talk of teams of destiny, and I think the W-Cats fit in here.
It will be close, but ‘the machine’ gets it done and makes one additional step to the ship.

The Wildcats advance to the Cmapionship

Wildcats 23
Patriots 20

There ya have it. I apologize for some of the mis-reads from last week. I DO appreciate the patience from anyone who had to let us know about the details of what we had reviewed and thanks to all those who wrote in information for us to get names/number write. It's not always simple to find out who is saying what on film.

Special - SPECIAL thanks to Josh, Coach Slinkard, Coach Shean, Brian, Mike K, Kurt, Mr. Davis, Zach, J.J, Emily, Ray, Big Chief, John, Jake, Don and Paul. You all know why!!!!!

Well, let's get ready for this next weekend of ball, boys! Those of you Tailgating at the game, drive safe both to and from, but eat a brat for me. ( No I am not suggesting anyone chew on a uncontrollable child. My son will not be there!)

Two weeks left, then one big one! Some of you will not be heading into that week to play, so every play, over the crowd, the coach and the other players, before every snap, remind yourself this -

"How do you want to remember it?"

Ya Gotta love this game!

Vince

Re: My Two Cents - Special MFL Play-off Edition

I want to say I love your insight. Its nice to have such details of up and coming games to read about.
I just want to correct some info on the Ohio force.
Talking about our o-line, you said alvizar, peck and tyler. Tyler is actually pecks first name. You may have meant Arrington. This is his first year in semi pro football and first season ever on the o line, but He has come a very long way. Im glad to have him in front of me.
Also, our 6'6" shean bozworth is no doubt a hellava reciever. I agree his routes are very crisp and having the athletisism to go with that frame is dangerous. ive been throwing passes to him every season since the 05' season with the dc warriors so his veternship was really nice to have as well, but... we havent had shean for 6 weeks and he will not be back. He had to go to n. dakota to further his education.
we have had a cast of recievers step up for his absence and they all do very well.
I also want to mention that slife indeed had over 97 yds considering a single attempt went for 99.
And supa's right about us. we have been up and down all year. do to injuries and personal reasons for some, we have had different guys in key spots all year. Its been a trial and error season. But Its playoff time, everyone is used to playing with eachother, all are healthy for the most part, and I assure you we have all our pieces in the right place now. THE Ohio Force will be in evansville tommorow night.

NO mention of the bearcats o line, why not put up big numbers this year manhandle every d line in MFL.

Oh no our DEs played a hell eva a game, 55 Dusty Snyder lived in the backfield, remember that name semipro nation in my opinion hes the best DE ive seen, Mark Wissman is very talented as well, its ok it was an awsome game and even more amazing field, and I thank you guys for giving me the oppritunity to play on it, I will say the bad apples on your team stand out I was hopin for a lil more class, but most of your guys were great, yall played me lol 17 was way too fast for me to recover having just come off my injury, but now I can focus on getting it ready for next year, THE Ohio Force will be back next year stronger hungrier and more determained I promise you. Good luck next week Bearcats and Wildcats, theres just too much P**sy in one game lol jk, stay healthy

one more thing that 99 on the force played a hell of a game and should of had a td on a intercepted screen lol. Was a good game, im sorry for the mouthiness and i hope to play the cats again maybe this time they can come to our house

To the Ohio Force, I commend you guys for playing the way that you did. Even though the score didn't show it, it was a close physical game. Both teams had bad apples, both teams had unsportmanlike penalties, but both teams also showed class and athletism. Football is a team sport. You win as a team and lose as a team. I've never in my football career seen a winning Individual on a losing team. Its all or nothing. The best TEAM won and we're on a mission to continue that. I'm grateful for playing you guys, cause you exposed a lot of things that we need to work on. If winning is still the direction we want to take. Hope everyone got home safe and God Bless!

Reggie,

Only one team had players on the field in shorts...

I really do not think that having shorts on in the game really has anything to do with the game its self. Ya it looks kinda sorry, but that is Semi-pro football. I have heard you mention this before and it is getting old. Not every team can have the luxury of saying to a player that he cant play because you dont have pants. Really, what is the difference in someone wearing pants with no pads and someone wearing shorts? Looks? if football what about looks then we would hire some cheerleaders to play for us. Now if we was getting paid to play then it would be a different story, but since we are not you do what you have to do to compete and play the game we love.
Hey good luck though in the championship and it LOOKS like you should win, but thats why we play the game.

I disagree with you. There are some basic things equipment wise that we should all have and pants is one of them. Leagues should mandate this.

whats the point in pants i dont wear knee pads becuz of my knee braces, my thigh boards r built in to my girdle so whats the difference as long as your properly protected

I don't wear knee pads either, but still have game pants.

I guess what I am saying is this. To me, it is about trying to put a product on the field that sells both the entire league and looks good to the folks in the stands. Since I doubt The Farce have the fans in the stands issue very much, it would not matter to you or your team. However, it should when we are all trying to sell the league and its member teams to the fans who support us in communities that we all play in.

I understand what you are saying Chris and totally agree, however, how do you enforce it? Unfortunately in this league there no way to enforce any of the big issues, let alone the small ones like shorts on one player. At this point in time I am happy that everything stayed in tact this season, for the most part, and that we had only one team not travel down to Evansville. Say a much better improvement than last year!

Good luck to both herd of cats this weekend. HAHA reminds me of that Superbowl commercial....

Chris Cooke

I don't wear knee pads either, but still have game pants.

I guess what I am saying is this. To me, it is about trying to put a product on the field that sells both the entire league and looks good to the folks in the stands. Since I doubt The Farce have the fans in the stands issue very much, it would not matter to you or your team. However, it should when we are all trying to sell the league and its member teams to the fans who support us in communities that we all play in.

wow i understand what you are saying but to say that we dont have fans is an insult and a character of your class, we average around a hundred fans at our home games, sorry our fans couldnt make the 4 1/2 hr trip to Evansville

Bearcats:

If your focus isn't completely on the MFL Championship this Saturday, here's a little fun fact to chew on...

Teams from Evansville are 0-4 in League Championship games.

Bearcats...

What do we do?

Cooke,

Quit making yourself look like an idiot on this site. If the guy can play without pants, good for him.

#4,

I don't care what people think of me on this site.

We quit being the Buffalo Bills of Semi-Professional Football.....

I did not mean that you don't have fans.

I meant, you don't play your home games at a place like ours or have 1,000 people at most of your home games. That being said, it would not be as much of an issue to your organization as it would to ours if people are wearing shorts on the field of play.

Lets go out and win this championship,then you all can sit on here and fight.Im just happy they travel to the river to play,this stuffshould be saved for league meeting.thanks to all teams that took the time out of your busy life to make this league work.#77 those shorts where petty cool and tell#55i had fun cant wait till next season.

Cooke,

It sounds to me like you are looking for a small meaningless piece of every organization to pick on to make yourself look good because you play in a very nice stadium. I realize that you don't care how much of an idiot that you make yourself look like, and to be honest neither do I. What I do care about is that you think that everyone DOES care what you think. The only reason that you get any responses to what you post on here is because they are the most pointless posts on this board. While you and your team prepare for a Championship game you are on a website bashing a team that brought a good bulk of their team to a game for wearing shorts? I could understand that if shorts gave a team a 'distinct advantage', but clearly, they don't. As much as I don't like saying this because I know all semi-pro teams have them...you are the Black Eye of your franchise.

Have a great day!

Andrew Davis
Vice-President Ohio Force

Andrew,

Do you really want me to talk about Black Eyes within franchises?

I will post some info on here if you really want to go there.....

this is sounding stupid! why dont you two slap it out...

if you have issues with someone tell them about it, NOBODY ELSE CARES!!!

Some enjoy this site, if you dont, then dont visit it.

The above post defines Rediculous!

Kurt

Kurt,

I have an issue with you. That issue is that the Cutters will not play a team from Evansville! I hope this can be corrected in 2010 by the leaders of our two teams!!!

Additionally, I question everyone looking uniform on the field on Saturday night with proper football equipment and uniform and I am the Black Eye of my franchise?

I had to explain to several of the youth players (8 to 10 years old) in attendance at our game as guests of our team on Saturday night why they could not wear shorts in their games too. Face it, kids who attend all of our games look up to the players on the field from both teams.

well I can't help you with your issue! I'm sure you will have issues with teams coming to evansville until the end of the bearcats.

you may be on a good topic with the shorts but every league has it! Why don't you buy him the pants!

your panties sure are in a bunch over being called a "black eye"

Kurt

Kurt,

I am not, I am just upset that I am being called that when there are several others on my team who could and should have that title before me.

Farce VP is just another Message Board Hater.

He can get in line with the rest of them for I am not going anywhere anytime soon!

The player in question with the shorts had only just joined the team several weeks ago. We as a team take great pride in trying to keep all players in TOTAL uniform..socks included. But as the season progressed and we had about 10 to 15 players join us just before the player rosters had to be turned in, this caused a shipping issue as far as getting our color of socks and even one of our players not in a team jersey. I assure u we will always strive for excellence in our attitudes and as well as our dress attire for all our team. As for calling us THE FARCE...come on Chris, there is no need to be insulting to our team, we played u guys a good hard game,...u won, so just act like a champion. U don't have to throw around insults...if u are a winner, then let your attitude reflect it. What thype of a example would u set for little kids that u spoke of if they would read what u write about others! Is that how we represent our leauge as well? Just a thought! Have respect for our league,fans and other players both on and off the field!!!! Have a good day and good luck this weekend to both teams..everyone stay safe

Actualy Mark I was in shorts, and Chris maybe its cuz some of us have a lil more to work with down there lol Atleast some of us can..... Im not gona finish the sentence you can draw up your own conclusion, 380 and I didnt see you movin a whole lot let alone movin someone, the better team won no doubt about it on that day. Yeah I wore shorts get over it you big fat baby, callin out the Cutters aint going to get you anywhere either, like I said before I dont know Dre Kurt and Burton personally but i know they and their team can play, I seen the Generals I know for a fact they were loaded, and if you go back I had Cutters one and Generals two, that neither here nor there, but Id make sure your team would back you on something like that before you go callin em out. Chris you truly are a joke, you may not care, but try and have some respect for the game no matter what level, a lot of us play this for fun in the end and thats all that matters, if you dont like it do something about it, shut up, or play in a "better" league, but you honestly sound worse than a female gettin on here bitchin all the time.

Yes I am fat. I have only been hearing that one since the 1st grade.

If I am so slow, how come you all did not exploit it?
Maybe cause it is not true....

I will put my $$$ on the line against you in the 40!
If you beat me, you can take my money and purchase some game pants for 2010.

The Black Eye of the Bearcats

fuck ill race u, im 340 and ill still think i could beat you, i went up against you and u patty caked ur o-line is not ur key its the speed of ur hands player im done with this good luck this weekend, we can re-up the shit talking if we play u again next yr

You sound like a 1st grader trying to read in your paragraph calm down, and wear pants, don't look like they picked you up off the street.

No more Bearcats posting on this thread.

2 days away from the Ship and I have to say this?

Where's our focus?

Id gladly race ya, and I guarantee you I would lose hell I still have to run flat footed, 100% though Id smoke you hands down lol I promise you Im one of the most athletic linemen at this level, I pride myself off of it, basketball baseball I dont see you doing well in either of them sports, lets get on the bball court and see if I dont cross you up Id put 500 on that! I feel confort in shorts so until they ennforce me and Davis are gona wear em, you got a problem with it do something about it, shut up or like I said find a "better" league thats going to enforce something like not being able to wear shorts, Cooke maybe sumo is the way to go for you I hear they pay by the pound.

Hey OFarce77,

Go about 7:55 into this clip and tell me what #17 did to you....

How many sacks did you give up on Saturday night?

http://tristatehomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=100632

The Tape Don't Lie!!!!

This talk reminds me of the Vipers.

Chris, man you do make the bearcats look bad. 77 just came off ankle surgery two months ago and had 2 plates put in his ankle. he really wasnt suppose to be playing, but wanted to help out his team in the playoffs. He already gave props to 17 for burning him, so the tape doesnt really matter. I am sure if you were to look for mistakes by u, there would be a few. I just do not understand why you talk so much shit on here, but not really on the field. I think you are just hiding behind the success of your team, because in reality you are their weakest o-line men. I guess it is a good thing though if your weakest person on the line is pushing 400lbs. You guys have a great team, but just remember you have a game this sat.

Gunn,
I was a Viper, but so was 47, Jake, and 70. We all tend to post a lot on here. Last time I checked the Vipers did not loose many games other than when a Championship was on the line, lol....

I have a lot of respect for the WCW. They know that. And yes, I did make a few mistakes on Saturday night. I am a man, sign my name to posts, and admit it when I am wrong. Can many on here say that? Either way, I am looking forward to playing a real team on Saturday night and putting on a good show for the record crowd we are going to have. We have not won a damn thing yet!!!

Both you teams need to shut the F*** up. I belive the Vipers left a bad taste in the mouth of many people in Evansville because of the actions of the players. Hell from what I heard the coaches had a fist fight on the field too. Lets see here, the Bearcats were a quiet team on this board last year, but all of a sudden they get Cooke on the team and the old Viper team starts to show. From the threats to the Wolverines to calling out the Cutters. Jake probably cringes every time he sees a post from Cooke. O well. I want to wish the Wildcats good luck against the Vipers this Saturday and to the Force, you lost, get over it.

record crowd? I heard that you guys had a festival and were not going to have that many people show, so you are letting in MFL players in free. I really do hope a good crowd shows up and I know it will a great game. Yes we did lay an egg against you guys and I really felt embarrassed, but it was not because of our players wearing shorts, or the fact that you are pushing 400lbs, or because of the trip down there. We lost because your defense is the best I have seen in a while. We just gave up field position and big plays, and the better team won. By the way I love the respect you show to teams that pay there money to the league and take the time to go all the way to Evansville to play a football game. You wonder why some teams wont go down there and maybe that is why. The little smart-ass remarks about calling us the Farce and saying we are not a real-team is a little disrespectful. Thats means you are calling every team we played or beat not a real team. Man, good luck this weekend and I hope someone tapes it and posts it because it will a great game.

Here is a Evansville Viper Classic from the Vault:

your absolutely right the force did lose but we will not take someone disrespecting us either, i would hope any team member would stand up for their own team. Bearcats best of luck you'll probably win it hands down

We are allowing MFL players/coaches in to give them a small break for driving down here not because we are expecting a small crowd. I honestly don't know what to expect from the crowd. There is a huge festival going on at the same time as the game.

even though my team sucks

No mean no,stop posting we have a big game cookie.so what he had shorts on so what they say your fat,wait till after the game.Why talk about the little things that dont matter any more,when we have a big game.

OF99
even though my team sucks

really come on guys now we are in elementary school

The Black Eye of the Bearcats
Hey OFarce77,

Go about 7:55 into this clip and tell me what #17 did to you....

How many sacks did you give up on Saturday night?

http://tristatehomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=100632

The Tape Don't Lie!!!!

I actualy just seen the vid, thats awsome you guys have the news station cover your games as they did, but yeah like Johnny said I blew my ankle out I dislocated it August 1st, day after my 23rd lol, and in doing so broke and turned the lower half of my fibula with my foot and shattered the inside joint, to say the least I have plates on both now. But you woulda had to kill me to miss playing against the mighty bearcats. I play for my teamates though, each and every one of them guys now how I am and what level I can play at healthy, I def. gave up a few sacks the tape doesnt lie, but there isnt many people that would attempt a comeback period after an injury like that let alone a comeback 8 wks later for a playoff run, I shouldnt have been playing it was stupid but I was confident I could do it and confident in what my team can do. Ill bounce back though I promise you Cooke next time I play you guys you will see a better Joe Alvizar. Everyone have a great holiday and offseason, take it easy fellas.

Joe,
take care man and good luck with the rehab.