supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OVW + Habitat for Humanity.... Anyone want to join us?

The Ohio Valley Warriors will be volunteering for the Dayton, Ohio Habitat for Humanity on November 7th, 2009 at a build site in Kettering, Ohio. We are looking for volunteers from the team who can represent the fact that while we are football players, we are about more than just football. We are looking for 10-15 volunteers for the event. If you are interested in volunteering for the event please contact Ryan Turnley at 513-907-6158 or ryan_turnley@hotmail.com.....

Obviously, this would be more for guys that are in the area (Southwest or Central Ohio)..... Anyone that would like to take part is welcome!

Re: OVW + Habitat for Humanity.... Anyone want to join us?

This is really great. I expected no less from Mr. Martin. I encourage all of you who can to take part in this event. Habitat is extremely rewarding and a great benefit to those who need help.

Supa,

Thanks for your kind words and your endorsement. I wish I could take all of the credit, but it has truly been a total team effort. The folks on our Board (Ryan Turnley, Tasa Blackmon, Elvin Blackmon, Jim Weaver, Brent Lewis, Chris Young, and Sean Huffman) are truly dedicated to not only making our organization the best that it can be, but also to become a recognized entity in the community that truly makes a difference!

Tony

I just wanted to point out how disappointing it is to find so few views and replies to this thread- a thread which is perfectly suited for the mission of this messageboard- and so many views and replies to garbage talking threads which serve no purpose in the REAL WORLD.

Disappointing.

You both make a good point and to be honest I have been watching the threads for the last couple days and agree. The postings were about as bad as a garbage bag filled with helium and floating over the Rockies...But I degress...
I will say is that we have been in contact with Habitat for Humanity in Kosciusko County since the first of the year. Unfortunatly they did not build a house this summer. They will be building a house in the Spring 2010 and the Mustangs are a primary sponsor for this. Also just like our friends the Wolfpack we both sponsored Youth Football Camps this past Spring. Free of charge. Plus I believe the Pack has another event they are working on and we are currently supplying the sound system for Goshen, Indiana's First Friday's Downtown Block Party's, including sound and Christmas Carols for the lighting of the town's Christmas Tree. And I am sure that many teams in all league's are doing something to help be a positive influence to their community. If they aren't then I am willing to bet they are not too successful.

Nice Mike!!! It's good to hear folks giving back.... I'm not telling guys how they should run things, I just wanted to show what we are doing, and if that motivates or gives others ideas that they maybe didn't think about - so be it. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!

Tony