supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indoor Tourney

Classic City Indoor Tournament.

I know this has fallen apart the last few years.

But I would really like this to Happen Next year, Im thinking about March or April time. The only thing that has kept this from Happening on a Yearly basis is lack of solid interest. This is something that all teams from all leagues can participate, making the competition the best that Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois has to offer.

If we can get 10-15 Teams, who are:

1. Willing to pay an entrance fee ($350-$500, the more teams we have the lower the price). And I know every one say, well you only want teams because its a fundraiser for our Team. Well thats true, but any tourney you go to, the team hosting gets some of that money. And the Majority of any money coming in will be used towards making the Classic City Center a better place for the youth of Dekalb. Our field is utilized by the Dekalb Youth Football Program at no Cost to them. So, the whole "You just want money for your team" stuff, isn't all True. Yes every team needs money, but we try to do this tourney for the Competition and the money we get goes to the Children involve at the Classic City Center.

www.classiccitycenter.com

2. Field a full team (roster 25- Dress 18). Given the Fact that this would normally be a Double Elimination that means All players would get to play. It allows for any Soreness, or Injuries.

3. Make the travel (which we have always been willing to help with discounts at local hotels). Being that Auburn is a big "Tourist" zone, the hotels are willing to help out whenever possible.

This would be a great annual Tournament.

So Please, if you have a solid/great interest in making this happen. Please email me with you information, the Earlier we get Teams, the better the chance of this all going down.

In no way is that a Post about this Tournament Happening, this is just a Test of True Interest. Post any questions, and everything is Purely suggestion right now and are subject to Change dependent on "TRUE" interest.

Thanks A Lot.

Ben Deleon
#42 RB/LB/DB
volcomrunner05@yahoo.com

Re: Indoor Tourney

I would just like to say that the first year this tournament was held was awesome... It was a blast and can be again if people take interest!!

Kurt

Sounds like a good time. I never played indoor football so if it would happen close to home i would play. So lets get it to happen!!!!!!!!

After meeting with Player reps of the Lake County Steelers, this Tournament was brought up. Being one of the Orginal Teams that played, we would love to come back

This tournament was a blast! Played in both the ones previously held. I strongly encourage teams to do this! I believe when i played for the Wranglers we played the Steelers in the first one, fun game. I use to have it on tape somewhere!!

I don't want to Sounds like a prick, But all teams interested need to Email me for complete consideration, as people tend to get on here and "Run" their mouths. So All team reps who intend to Participate, Email me Please. Once again, I do not intend any Disrespect towards anyone. Thanks A lot.

Ben Deleon
#42 RB/LB/DB

Email sent on behalf of the Steelers

I think The Pack would try to Put together a team.