supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ohio River Bearcats Join Great Midwest Football League

(EVANSVILLE, IN)- The Ohio River Bearcats, the sixth-ranked semi-pro football team in the nation according to www.semiprobcs.com, will play in the Great Midwest Football League, www.gmfleague.com, in the upcoming 2010 football season. “We are delighted to join the GMFL for the 2010 season,” said Bearcat Owner and Team President Jack Shepard. “From top to bottom, the GMFL is represented by some of the top semi-professional football teams in nation!” said Bearcat General Manger, Chris Cooke. “To truly be the best, you have to play the best week in and out. For us to reach our team goals, the GMFL is the league in which we can continue to grow as one of the premier semi-professional football organizations in the country!”

“When I heard of the news that the Ohio River Bearcats were leaving the Midwest Football League, I knew I wanted to peruse them, get some dialogue going and let them know we had an interest in them becoming a member of our Great Midwest Football League family,” said league owner and commissioner Anthony McCormick.
“When I received the call from Jack Shepard and Chris Cooke with news of the Bearcats final decision I was elated because they not only make our Gateway Conference better; they also make our family better. Anytime you have a caliber team like the Ohio River Bearcats join your organization (when there are so many other leagues to choose from); you have to beat your chest because they are a solid organization from top to bottom and that’s how we want to continue to build our family.”

The Bearcats are the 2009 champions of the Midwest Football League and will be playing for the American Football News AA Semi-Professional Football National Championship against the Mid-Ohio Jets on January 17th in Homestead, Florida.

The Ohio River Bearcats are heading into their 3rd season of existence. The Bearcat’s mission is to provide the Tri-State area with a superior “Hometown” Semi-Pro Football Club! The Bearcats are a not-for-profit organization that supplies top-quality, family entertainment to the greater Evansville metropolitan area. We provide many local young men and women a positive opportunity to continue their football careers and associations with a local semi-pro football team.

To learn more about the Ohio River Bearcats and Semi-Professional Football in the Evansville area, please visit our website at www.ohioriverbearcats.com.

Re: Ohio River Bearcats Join Great Midwest Football League

Good Luck to the Bearcats in 2010!
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

Re: Ohio River Bearcats Join Great Midwest Football League

Enjoyed the 2 years of playing against u guys..will miss not getting to slug it out with u again this year. Best of luck in the GMFL, hope to hear great things about u guys there....PITBULL#20