supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please Pray

Many of you might not know me or even care, but my name is John Walser(#13) and I play TE for the Midwest Force. I have played for various teams through out my 5 years in semi-pro. For the people that do know me they would say that if I had the resources to help somebody out I would have. Sometimes I would even put other people before me and my family because of the love I have for football. I am writing this to you all because recently my son Jason has had problems growing ever since he was 6 months. We were informed today that he might have a kidney problem that could effect him for the rest of his life. Nothing has been confirmed as of now, but tomorrow morning we have to go to Riley hospital in Indianapolis for more testing. I am just asking that everyone pray for my son and hope for the best while we go through this hard time. Thank you to all the teammates, friends, and everyone else that will pray for my son.

Re: Please Pray

Your son and family are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep your head up buddy.

hey brother from my family to yours we wish jason all the best and if there is anything we can do let us know

Hey Walser your son is my and the team's prayers,if you need anything let us know. Keep your head up man

no doubt Johny we hope the best for you jason and angie!!!

You got it!
Please keep us posted, and you know how to get ahold of me if there's anything I can do.

Your son and your family are in my prayers as well. Stay positive there is a God and He is watching over your son, you and family.

I willpray for you and your boy ,here is a scripture you should hold on to psalm 17.6
I call on you, oh god, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.
And believe it.

John I have already prayed that God will give you strenght and everything will be ok.

Eric Jones
#44 M. C. Pirates

I just want to thank all of you for your support and prayers. It is really hard to say this and I have not decided what I am going to do this season. As of right now my son has a rare disease that I can not even pronounce. Nephnpathic Cystinosis. This disease has only about 200 known cases in the U.S. and it is genetically formed. It only happens when both parents have the gene that causes this disease. Basically this disease has made Jason stop growing and has his kidneys working at about 40%. The goods news about this bad ordeal is that we caught it early, and treatment will save his life. He will have to take 4 different medications a day four times a day to balance out the kidney function. For now through we have to stay at Riley Hospital for 6 weeks until he catches up with his weight and then for the rest of his life he will have to visit every four months. Do not worry because I already was assured that he could still play sports when he gets older lol. Neway I am just updating because this is my only release from thinking about what he will have to go through and I hope no one else will have too. Once again thank you all for the prayers and I will have to give some serious thought on playing this season. Thank you all!

Walser.... i dont get on here to much anymore... but as a parent and teamate im am so sad to hear about all this. If there is anything you need just get at me! Im not much the praying type but know you and your family are in my prayers! Much love and many hopefull thoughts! Keep your head up bro!

Solomon Allen
#1 WR,SS,KR/PR
Midwest Force

As a father myslef I could not imagine having to go through what you are. I will definitely keep you and your son in my prayers. And on behalf of all of my teammates, The Ohio River Bearcats. May GOD be with you and your family and Good Luck to you with whatever you decide to do this season.

Walser, i know how scary it is having a infant with health issues, for my 6 week is having some of her own. You were blessed with a miracle and i feel that you with look after your family first. my family will contenue to pray for you. take care of your blessing

Walser:

We haven't met and I don't know your team except from the brief presentation at the IFL meeting yesterday. Welcome to the IFL family!

I pray that the Lord blesses you, your wife, your son and the rest of your family. I pray that He quickly shows you what His perfect will is for you and your son.

I've been down a similar road in the past. I recommend that you get in touch with one of the kidney charities for support and education. Here are 2 that I found on the web: http://www.kidney.org/; http://www.kidneyfund.org/.

Peace.

Spidey,

Words escape me my brother...from the bottom of our heart both Kathy and Myself send u all our love and deepest prayers for u and your wounderful wife and that your son will come through this ok. If u need anything or just need to talk give me a shout!

Mark Wissman #20
"PITBULL"
Mid-West Force

Thanks to everyone that has wrote on here to me. Jason is doing better and is a real fighter. Thank you coach for giving me the links for the foundations. I have been wanting to start or join one. A week has past now and all I can do is hope we can all go home soon, but in the mean time I hope everyone is doing well with their teams and is getting ready for a great season. With all the new changes it sounds exciting.