supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midwest Football League 2002-2009

The members of the Midwest Football League have voted to disband the MFL, but wanting to keep a league together, have voted and chosen to move forward with a new identity.
The new name will be the Crossroads Football League.
This name was decided after much debate and consideration but we feel that we have come to a place where we want to leave some things behind, and move forward in a new direction.

The Crossroads Football League is currently seeking new teams that are interested in playing competitive football in 2010 and want to be a part of league that is based on giving all of it's member teams the chance to build a GREAT league from the ground up.

We will have our website www.crossroadsfootballleague.com fully operational very soon.

The CRFL will be run by a member elected board and all member teams having a vote in the operations of the league.
For more information on the CRFL, or how to join, you can contact one of the membership commitee members or visit our temporary board at
http://infbleague.proboards.com
for more information

Re: Midwest Football League 2002-2009

I believe I've heard to this league...

http://www.logoserver.com/CRFL.html

I played in the MFL with the Dragons. I know that people say this and that about leagues but I got to know some good people in the MFL. I was lucky enough to play for in my opinion the best coach in semipro football Coach JT. I have been throwing around the idea of bringing the Dragons back to a few former players. I know that the IFL would not let the Dragons back in because the left the league and I totaly respect. Now with this new league starting I think this is a great time to bring back the Dragons.
I know Coach JT has had some "bumps in the road" with the Generals so I don't think it will be hard to get him to come back home. He bleeds orange & green. He will always be a dragon!
I know a lot of former players still check this site so If you want to do this and make this right hit me up with a email.
indydragons@hotmail.com

JT I will be calling you.

what a joke

OG Dragon,

I appreciate that everyone has their opinion & your a prime example that supports my theroy:

JT (Josh Terhune) = Jim Jones of Jonestown

If you don't know who Jim Jones is, Google it.

All you faithful JT followers think that the path to a Championship goes down the Generals road with JT, he couldn't lead a group of girls to a Girls Scout Convention. You are being brainwashed just like Jim Jones.

The Generals had more talent on one team last year than the entire rest of the IFL put together! That Generals "High Powered" Offense could only score two field goals in the Championship Game! Maybe JT didn't run you guys enough last year! Lots of running and cardio is what makes Champions! Maybe you should have a manditory practice for your linemen this Saturday to tie chains around there waist and pull cars in the parking lot! Ask the Cutters & South Central Broncos about all the cardio that we did to become two and three time Champions! I think we were out chopping wood, climbing mountains and lifting nets full of rocks in barns in December! You could of gave ALMOST any coach in the league last year your guy's roster & a General's Championship would have been a "shoe in"! But you guys know the Generals will be better this year with doing more cardio and since Madden 2010 came out, that guarantees new playbook additions to the "High Powered" Generals Offense that scored 56 points on the Panthers! Go Generals!

Believe what you want, its common sense. OG Dragon has his opinion and I have mine. The fortunate thing about all this is JT has to live with himself everyday, we don't have too! I would never play for him! Time to take him off his pedestal!

nice Jim Joenes refernce being from lynn its nice to know that there are people out there who know of him too.

I don't know JT but I can tell you this. If he is like Jim Jones, DO NOT DRINK THE GATORADE/KOOLAID ON THE SIDELINE!!!

Not A General:
After reading your post it is clear that you was at one point a Bronco and now are a cutter. First I would like to say congrats on your winning 5 championships in a row. Not to many people can say they did that.
This is a great time of year for semipro football. You get players jumping teams and new teams forming and sometimes old ones come back. My fav part is reading these post by people like you. You know everything and have the whole world in the palm of your hand. your head must hurt from all the knowledge you have. Here we are trying to make schedules for leagues and trying to find funds for teams and you are be greedy by not sharing you know everything powers. Why are you wasting you time on this site when you could be doing the world great things like solving world hunger or even world PEACE! Bush would have been a better leader if you was in his corner.

You say that JT could not lead girl scouts to a girls scouts convention and thats a lie mister I tell you I know for a fact that he lead them girls there and they was on time. Heck one of his little troopers won a third place ribbon for selling cookies. Im starting to think you are not as smart as I thought.

You said the generals had more talent than all of the IFL combined WOW thats crazy, but my only thing is who got all that talent and who was able to keep them on the team? I think it was JT. Now im really second guessing myself on how smart you are . You said the Generals high powered off. only scored two field goals well they did score two TD's but they was called back by two holding calls. Damn that JT for running out there and holding on both Td's I would have thrown the flag too. Maybe JT should have dress to kick the FG that Dave missed that would have won the game too. Darn it mister you was wrong agian. My feelings are starting to hurt I dont think I can trust you .
So you don't think JT ran us enough thats a double WOW WOW!! You must have been out to Butler las January when we was running the hills and stadium and thought that was not enough, or maybe at our practices when we jumped 50 hurdles then ran 1,000 yards in a row or when we pushed the 5 man sled 240 yards over and over, or maybe when we did our piggy backs or bear crawls 240 yards. Now Im starting to think I can trust you like Tiger woods wife trust him, and thats just not very much .( A hot little tear just ran down my check)
You say that you could have gave just about any Coach the Generals roster and a championship was a "shoe in" Well guess what the Generals dont play for just any coach WE play for JT . (He brain washed me to say that ).
Your right you could never play for him becuase you dont want to pushed to be the best you can be. You would be like the weak players that he runs off with their tail between their legs.
Why dont you just give him a call and get to know him. Or go to the gym with with him. or just show up at butler on saturday when its 0 degrees out @ 8:30 am. you never know you might find out that for all the hate'n and shit talking people do about him he really knows football and can help you be a better person and player and you just might want to play for someone like him. I know about 50 guys who do.

hes such a bad coach that all the following teams have asked him to coach: tornadoes, cutters, warriors, indiana mustangs, stampede, yellow jackets, wolfpack. but nobody would wanna play for him. your an idiot. good run with broncos and cutters but its over

Its great for another person to come out of the wood work to support my Jim Jones theroy! Jim Jones brain washed people to see and to think only what he wanted them to see or think. Looking at Jim Jones from the outside, we know how INSANE he really was! ...BUT, the 900 and so people that were on the inside, that was his followers, believed in him and was so committed to him that they even POISONED their unknowing children's Kool-Aid!

Now granted, JT wants guys that are willing to sacrafice their bodies and be willing to "Break their arms to protect his quarterback" (quote) might not be as bad as killing off your kids, but I do not know how that makes me a better player or a better person.

I can appreciate your opinion and I am sure your comments and loyality will secure your postion on the team.

With some of your comments you act like I just decided to to get onto a message board and run at the mouth with no idea of what I am talking about.

You want to use the analogy of Tiger Woods and I will build from that. You stereo type Tiger as the perfect guy, the guy that has everything, a person a wife thinks she can trust. And while you sit at home and watch him play, and see his commercials and ads, why would you think anything else. That is what we are trained to think because that is all we see. Now that the cat is out of the bag with all his girlfriends, we find ourselves questioning our opinions of him and maybe others. I have seen so many people interviewed on the news about some horrible crime that there neighbors did and all they can say, "They seem like normal people to me" or "They didn't seem like the type of person to do that type of thing". Mister, your statements about JT shows me on how much you don't know JT and all you can do now is sit back and watch, you never know what rocks are going to be over turned.

Also, just to enlighted the readers, the comments about not enough cardio was pure sarcasim! The point I was trying to make was Championships were won by players that played as a team, not players that played individually and had great cardio. More cardio is not the key to Generals, or any others team's sucess, but chemistry is. JT does not have the right chemistry. JT has his good points to him, but unfortunatly, he is out weighed by the bad. The biggest problem with JT is, he is "uncoachable". Sorta like when we were teenage kids, we think we knew it all, no one could tell us any different no matter what. Some of us had to learn things the hard way, a I guess JT will as well.

Didn't JT lead a team to a Championship game and won, the same team that beat the Cutter twice that year?

no he didnt win the championship that year, made it his first year coaching with dragons, lost his second year in the ship. helped cutters at end of season to win one and lost last year in the ship. career record as a coach of 52-6

NOT a General
Now granted, JT wants guys that are willing to sacrafice their bodies and be willing to "Break their arms to protect his quarterback" (quote) might not be as bad as killing off your kids, but I do not know how that makes me a better player or a better person.

Its about protecting each other and have your teammate's back. It's about putting one's own ego aside and doing what's best for the team.

NOT a General
Also, just to enlighted the readers, the comments about not enough cardio was pure sarcasim! The point I was trying to make was Championships were won by players that played as a team, not players that played individually and had great cardio. More cardio is not the key to Generals, or any others team's sucess, but chemistry is. JT does not have the right chemistry. JT has his good points to him, but unfortunatly, he is out weighed by the bad. The biggest problem with JT is, he is "uncoachable". Sorta like when we were teenage kids, we think we knew it all, no one could tell us any different no matter what. Some of us had to learn things the hard way, a I guess JT will as well.

You are obviously talking with your head so far up your ass its rediculous. I don't know how many times we won games because we were in better shape than our opponents. Or games where it might be close going into the fourth and we pulled out a win because we are ready to play four or more quarters everytime we step on that field. When other teams are sucking wind that's when we step up and pull away.

If he's so "uncoachable" then why is it that that when the offense is putting in a new play into the playbook they test it and if a route doesn't work well or a player has an idea for an adjustment for a route that he listens, tries it and if it works then he'll put it in?

Dude I don't know why you jumped on here bashing on JT? I'm guessing this is someone who may or may not have been on last year's team and was told they are not welcome on this year's team. Probably because this person didn't want to put in the work to win. Someone who just wanted to show up and get playing time when he wasn't the best at that position and wanted to cry and complain like a little school girl instead of strapping up, busting his ass and earning that position. Anyone who has ever played for or even talked to JT about playing he will tell you straight up to your face the god's honest truth. I've known him for five years now and I can't recall one time when he's ever told someone anything but the truth. You may not like him, he may not like you but that's how he operates and I respect him for that along with the other 50 "brain washed" guys willing to walk through hell and back for and with him because he makes us all better football players. So if you got a problem with him he isn't hard to find his number is on our website talk to him. But you won't do that because of the fact you hide behind some anonymous name taking jabs at people like a little b#*%h.

You will never play for JT that's fine. Not gonna break his heart that you won't play for him. To quote Coach Dane Hill "I'm happy to see everyone pass through that gate at practice... some by arriving and others by departing."

Dave Clawson
Punter/Kicker #1
Indiana Generals

sorry your info must be way off not saying anything bad about jt but he was never asked to coach for the Wolfpack

shrock your team is awesome and i know its pretty much your team and you all have great coaches but jt was asked by tom marsh to help out with team, but your a breast shrock. keep doin your thing

hey guys this tread was ment to let everyone know that the MFL is done and the new CRFL will start this year so start a new one to argue about JT

Shrock There is more than one Wolfpack. Some people forget that sometimes. This is just too funny. You get one guy to leave a team and then he just can't help but type this crap. Good luck to all the IFL teams.

For those who might be wondering why he has not been on here and making a post of his own he is @ the hospital with his new born son. He is very sick and they have no idea whats wrong. So why some gutless prick wants to talk about him on a website he is doing his duty as a father.
As for the wolfpack JT said the only two teams he would help coach would be the cutters and wolfpack.
Last I love all my General brothers but I wont be out there with you all on saturday got to work.

Wayne,

Please give me a call.

Hendricks

#60 It is not clear that NOT A GENERAL plays for the Cutters, as I have stated many times over on here, Cutters have been instructed to post their names and or jersey numbers if they are going to be on here posting, therefore if someone has posted saying anything about speaking for or as a Cutter, then it should be treated as a fan or an ANON post. Nothing against ppl loving us or being our fans, we just want ppl to be accountable for the things that they post in the name of the Cutters Org....I have known JT since 06 and he is a good buddy of mine and truth be told I believe he is a good dude. His record of wins and losses speaks for itself wo if u like him or not you gotta respect the record. True the Generals had and have mad talent on their team however it takes a good coach to bring all of that talent together to form a winner. Also lets not say that they were only able to score X amounts of points against us as if we were just a sorry group of guys out there playing, we had a talented team and we play to win just like they do. Anybody that saw that game can't deny that it was a wonderful game and it was a game that went down to the wire. Im looking forward to playing more games like that, isnt that what all this is about? This post is supposed to be about the death of one league bringing about the birth of another. Wayne im sure the CRFL will do well and im sure you will attract some quality teams. I think this is going to be a big year for semi pro ball here in the midwest as a whole and I cant wait to get started...Good luck to everybody and stay warm

Brian,
Which Wayne are you asking to call you?

Again,
This is an announcement to establish the CRFL as a potential league for your teams to consider membership in.

Please visit our website:
www.crossroadsfootballleague.com
to let us know of your interest and we will be in touch with your organization within 48 hours of your contact.

Or contact me directly with questions or concerns

Wayne Wolf
W_R_WOLF1969@yahoo.com
260-692-6540

Sorry Wayne, I meant Wayne..

(kidding -I meant #3 Wayne- Generals) As for Wolf, I'm not talking to you until you give me back my Best of Neil Diamond 8 track....give it back!

Hendricks

You've got to be kiddin me...
You borrowed that one from me in the first place, now you're tryin to get it back?????
C'mon man, I'll get your John Sebastian album back to you as soon as I get it glued back together....Sorry