supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2010 Players to Watch

7:14am CST....

In an effort to find the correct dialogue; it has been suggested that I change the name from Preseason All-Americans to Players to Watch. With so many hurt feelings over the word “All-American”, I have decided to take the advice and have officially changed the link and page to “2010 Preseason Players to Watch.”

To add a selection(s) to the SemiPro BCS National Rankings “2010 Preseason Players to Watch” page: simply download the “Players to Watch” spreadsheet. To qualify you must submit complete player stats from the 2009 season. Once you have completed the form email it to me at info@semiprobcs.com along with one (1) action photo that clearly identifies the player. All photos must be at least 300x300 and in .jpg, .gif or .png format only. ABSOLUTELY NO WATER MARKED PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED! All photos must be the property of the player.

Any questions feel free to contact me at the email above or call (618) 223-0446.

Good luck in 2010!

Anthony McCormick
SemiPro BCS National Rankings Administrator
www.semiprobcs.com

Re: 2010 Players to Watch

Dose all information and pictures submitted become property of SemiPro BCS to be used without the players permission?

I am not here to start anything but arn't you now selling advertising on your site? Are you planning on starting a scouting company? Where does this money go and does it do to support the players, the site, or the GMFL?

MCPIRATES: Dose all information and pictures submitted become property of SemiPro BCS to be used without the players permission?

ME: IF you are sending it to me then wouldn't that constitute you giving permission? Next what am I going to do with another mans photo?

MCPIRATES: I am not here to start anything but arn't you now selling advertising on your site?

ME: Yes I am looking for sponsors to advertise on the SemiPro BCS Website. When did that become against the Semi-Pro football Law? I didn't know I needed permission to advertise on a site that "I" own?

MCPIRATES: Are you planning on starting a scouting company?

ME: You are kidding right?

MCPIRATES: Where does this money go and does it do to support the players, the site, or the GMFL?

ME: Where does it anywhere on the SemiPro BCS National Rankings website say it supports the GMFL? Obviously you choose to read what you wanted to read because it is CLEARLY stated on the resources page what the intentions are for any dollars contributed.

Now let me ask you this: The money you collect from your players and sponsors where does that go? To support the players, your team or your family?

FINAL STATEMENT: Mr. Jackson let me make one thing very very clear (for somebody who isn't trying to start anything)...I work for our US Government and get paid a very nice salary; therefore I am not in need of anything!

I pay for the SemiPro BCS National Rankings website out of my own pocket, I maintain it myself and have not asked you or anybody for one single nickle to be apart of it or to help maintain it.

I do this because there are some very good football players who wouldn't otherwise get noticed. In the two (2) years of it's existence I have not borrowed, begged or stolen anything from anyone....

Am I offended by your question? Nope but I have come to learn that anytime somebody say "not trying to start anything"....typically they are full of more s*it then a clogged toilet...

BOTTOM LINE: The SemiPro BCS National Rankings website was established for ANYONE who wants to participate, meaning in laymen terms: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT OR THE WAY IT'S RAN THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE IN IT!

Hope this answers any and all of your questions...

Mr. McCormick,

By change, did you play QB for the Chicago Heights Broncos in the early 90's?

Hendricks

You made the STATEMENT in bold about players personal property. I want players to be aware that anything can happen when you turn over that amount of information. Ofter scouting services are paid by professional teams for finding players.

About My Teams Finances ... any one of my players can ask me to see the bank statements, they can vote on how the money is spent. If they did they would find out the I and many of our board members pay more then our fair share to keep the organization running. 100% of what our players and sponsors pay go to the team. I also know what the cost of keeping a website running is - hint its not as much as you think.

As for the Resources Page - it states : 100% of the proceeds will go to the winners of the Mid-America Championship and Southeast Championship to assist with travel to the 2010 SemiPro BCS National Championship in Atlanta Georgia

My question is how are these teams selected. By Pre-selected league? Or are they selected by your rankings?

I will continue to use your site rankings, they are great entertainment to our players and our fans. If your setting up a business around these ranking, which I hand it to you is a great idea, then lets call it what it is.

Sometimes a bit of debate is a great way to promote what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Again I just a few questions about what your intentions were.

Hendricks
Mr. McCormick,

By change, did you play QB for the Chicago Heights Broncos in the early 90's?

Hendricks

Yes I did.. Lee Albright was the Head Coach and Keith Hac was the Defensive Coordinator

mcpirates
You made the STATEMENT in bold about players personal property. I want players to be aware that anything can happen when you turn over that amount of information. Ofter scouting services are paid by professional teams for finding players.

About My Teams Finances ... any one of my players can ask me to see the bank statements, they can vote on how the money is spent. If they did they would find out the I and many of our board members pay more then our fair share to keep the organization running. 100% of what our players and sponsors pay go to the team. I also know what the cost of keeping a website running is - hint its not as much as you think.

As for the Resources Page - it states : 100% of the proceeds will go to the winners of the Mid-America Championship and Southeast Championship to assist with travel to the 2010 SemiPro BCS National Championship in Atlanta Georgia

My question is how are these teams selected. By Pre-selected league? Or are they selected by your rankings?

I will continue to use your site rankings, they are great entertainment to our players and our fans. If your setting up a business around these ranking, which I hand it to you is a great idea, then lets call it what it is.

Sometimes a bit of debate is a great way to promote what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Again I just a few questions about what your intentions were.

Mr. Jackson
Ask you for your bank statements...Seriously!

OK.

Tell you what; post your statements here on the MB for everyone to see since it's not a big deal. Go ahead, I’ll wait! Just as I thought more useless rhetoric!

As far as the rest of your post; below is my final comment as I will no longer address you or any statement posted by you going further.

After reading your latest post there are a few things that come to mind but mostly I can tell you are into "MAN DRAMA" (and you also need to take a speech and spelling class)

Here is a simple solution to address all of your concern and it will DEFINITELY erase the "MAN DRAMA" that is being created by this post.

Solution:
I will promptly remove your organization from the Semipro BCS National Rankings website along with any player that has submitted information from your organization along with your teams’ logo because I don't want you to think I have intentions of stealing it and sending it along with your players to some scouting agency or the NFL.

I also don't want anybody in your organization having concerns about a service that is being provided for "FREE" at the expense of "MY TIME and EFFORT" and since I will continue to solicit sponsors to advertise on a site that is owned “by me”, ran “by me” and lets not for get designed “by me”, I don’t want your organization to have reservations of being associated with somebody who is providing a “FREE” service to the people who partake in the sport of Adult Amateur Football. The removal of the Madison Co. Pirates will help you to sleep at night knowing you don’t have to worry about how I choose to raise funds for a tournament for the participants.

What I find to be funny:
In both of your post you so eloquently stated how you want to remain yet you come on here to try to voice an unwarranted opinion of how I am running the site. My question to you is why would you want to be apart of something that you (in your very own words) deem to have questionable practices? Why would you want to jeopardize the players in your organization?

That doesn't make good "non-sense" does it? Well let me help you out with some logical thinking and feel free to use it in your every day life as needed…

”IT AIN'T A SECRET IF YOU TELL SOMEBODY”!

Definition: I posted my intentions clearly on the resources page therefore IT AIN’T A SECRET. I obviously wanted people to know what my plans were hence the reason you were able to cut and paste my quote from the very site in question.

I have learned a long time ago that if you don’t like something then don’t partake in it, which again I find to be funny since this is the 2nd year in a row that you have singed the MC Pirates up on a site that you deem to have questionable intentions.

Finally: "hint-hint" to you too; I know how much it cost to maintain a web site as well and in this case it’s one more penny then you have donated to keep it running so kick rocks!

Best of luck in 10’

Mr. McCormick,

I apologize if you think I am blasting your website and rankings, because that is not what I am trying to do. I simply asked a few questions publicly, questions I am sure others have as well. I have said how I appreciate what you are doing in and have said so in about every e-mail I have sent to you over the past year. There is no Man Drama to be had, altho I will stand to defend my team at any time. Team Finances are viewable by our players at their request.

Good services received should be valued. You will find my donation in your inbox today for your time and efforts for 2009 and 2010. I would hope you reconsider dropping the Madison Co Pirates from your rankings.

Respectfully,
John Jackson
General Manager,
Madison Co Pirates

mcpirates
Mr. McCormick,

I apologize if you think I am blasting your website and rankings, because that is not what I am trying to do. I simply asked a few questions publicly, questions I am sure others have as well. I have said how I appreciate what you are doing in and have said so in about every e-mail I have sent to you over the past year. There is no Man Drama to be had, altho I will stand to defend my team at any time. Team Finances are viewable by our players at their request.

Good services received should be valued. You will find my donation in your inbox today for your time and efforts for 2009 and 2010. I would hope you reconsider dropping the Madison Co Pirates from your rankings.

Respectfully,
John Jackson
General Manager,
Madison Co Pirates

Mr. Jackson;

First thank you for the call today to resolve this matter. As I stated on the phone; I have no problem answering any questions regarding my intentions just as long as it is done in a proper manner.

Next I agree everyone should defend what they are building and like you I am very passionate about the time and efforts that I put forth to make "OUR" semi-pro community better.

Finally; though it wasn't necessary, I do appreciate you contributing to the efforts of helping raise funds so that I can help put on a tournament that is "FREE" to the participants.

Sincerely,
Anthony McCormick
SemiPro BCS National Rankings Administrator
(618) 223-0446