supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new player help

Hello my name is tony. i was wondering anyone could explain how everything works in semipro. i plan on trying out for a team but this will be my first one and dont know what to expect with it or as far as how everything works. i know thats a pretty vague question but i gotta start somewhere. thanks for any help in advance.

Re: new player help

Every team is diffrent as far as player fees and tryouts. I suggest that you look into a few teams from your area. If you are looking for close games in Indiana find a team in the IFL, if you want to travel look into the GMFL or the MSFL. There are a lot of great teams out there. I suggest you contact a few teams and see what best fits you.

INFO
Every team is diffrent as far as player fees and tryouts. I suggest that you look into a few teams from your area. If you are looking for close games in Indiana find a team in the IFL, if you want to travel look into the GMFL or the MSFL. There are a lot of great teams out there. I suggest you contact a few teams and see what best fits you.

As for Travel in the MSFL...We Lake County Steelers, if we travel this year our longest Travel game will be from Portage Ind. to Indianapolis....

Let's not forget about the CRFL. Where are you located and that will help determine what teams are near you?

im located in valparaiso, in. the two local teams im aware of are the lake county steelers and the great lakes wolfpack. Both of which i have recently contacted and am supposed to be informed as new information for this season comes up.

As a long time member of the Chicago Thunder I have seen the Lake County Steelers play many times, and while the results have not been good their players have always shown the heart and desire to play the game. Now while that does not always translate to great results in the win/loss column I believe with the return of Coach Gambrel and the new direction the team is moving in will provide more wins and greater things in the future. As a former teammate of mine, I know that Coach Gambrel will provide a winning atmosphere for all Steeler players and I encourage you to look at the Steelers. Also if you consider the leagues, the MSFL has a long history and with recent additions have added the Racine Raiders and the Roscoe Rush to the roster of teams.

Check out our website, IndianaSemiProFootball.com
All the teams and Leagues are listed in Indiana with their basic information and contact information.

We are working on getting everything updated for the 2010 season. All the teams have been added, including this year all the teams outside of Indiana that are a part of the two Indiana-Based leagues, IFL and the CRFL.

We also hope to make a BIG announcement in the next few days.

Thunder62
As a long time member of the Chicago Thunder I have seen the Lake County Steelers play many times, and while the results have not been good their players have always shown the heart and desire to play the game. Now while that does not always translate to great results in the win/loss column I believe with the return of Coach Gambrel and the new direction the team is moving in will provide more wins and greater things in the future. As a former teammate of mine, I know that Coach Gambrel will provide a winning atmosphere for all Steeler players and I encourage you to look at the Steelers. Also if you consider the leagues, the MSFL has a long history and with recent additions have added the Racine Raiders and the Roscoe Rush to the roster of teams.

Thanks Brother
If you live in Valpo....check out www.lakecountysteelers.net
We are heading in a new direction and have some great meetings the last couple of months. We have had 70plus player applications this off season and just signed 2 new experienced coachs. The Steelers have struggled...but things look good this season. We will begin indoor workouts Next Month as well as some class room sessions to go over the "GAMBREL" Offense Play book. We have some Div I, Div II, Div III and NAIA players signed and ready to hit. I'm not saying this to be saying this, I have meet with these applicants personally and speak with them via telephone weekly or email them to show that we are serious this year...
Check us out...come to a work out...you will be surprised

yeah man i just say go with what best fits for you, sounds like if wanna legit shot at playin time a larger team like the steelers wouldnt be ur best bet, just sayin cuz u said you had 70 player apps., idk anything about the steelers just makin an example lol dont wanna stick my foot in my mouth like other teamates lol ahem peckham lmfao idk tho man you just gota see a few teams in action so id say go to one of there events they have as a team like a meeting or workout or even fundraisers, actually a fundraiser would be great to heck out if ya think about it... you can than see how muh support they get in their community, you can see team dedication, and how successful and ran smoothly or not... just a couple opinions from a guy thats been a new player on several teams, granted i didnt join a team alone it helps to have some friends that you can join a team with...

new player apps isnt that big a deal. we the generals had close to 200 new player apps. out of that, we hope to get 30 guys show and after one practice with our coach hopefully 15 actually hang around. like everyone has said just give the coaches a call. go to where ever you feel you get the best vibe. no matter where you go. semi pro is a great time, and you meet alot of good guys. since i moved to indiana 3 1/2 years ago, jt was first person i met and most all my freinds here i have met through football

Really there are two numbers that matter, the 11 players on the field and the final score at the end of the game.

The real question is what are you doing now to be on top of those two numbers. Talk want you want, but I'll leave that to you and I will be in the gym.

Patrizi, you're from Valpo? Me too. When did you graduate, or are you from there originally?

I am orginally from hobart. i graduated 2008 and i moved to valpo.

mike cameron #47 generals
new player apps isnt that big a deal. we the generals had close to 200 new player apps. out of that, we hope to get 30 guys show and after one practice with our coach hopefully 15 actually hang around. like everyone has said just give the coaches a call. go to where ever you feel you get the best vibe. no matter where you go. semi pro is a great time, and you meet alot of good guys. since i moved to indiana 3 1/2 years ago, jt was first person i met and most all my freinds here i have met through football

Great Point...
My reason for posting about the amount of applicants....we have had little to no interest in our program until this year....we have begun eliminating CANCER...out of 70 we expect to maybe add hopefully 30 to our roster...because we have already had players respond with excuses in regards to why they cant play...I knew I shouldnt have showed the Thuder DVD
To be honest....if you have skill or heart and will bring it to practice..a team like this years Steelers is a great place to go..because I have 11 open offensive spots and Defense has 11 open spots...
did get your app. though and sent you a email....

Patrizi
I am orginally from hobart. i graduated 2008 and i moved to valpo.

All I know about them brickies is that we used to bust 'em at the Brickie Bowl. Coach Howell retired after my senior season. haha, but anyway, good luck finding a team.

No but they can help quite a bit, it does give you contact info on interested players, than if you have em fill out their previous experience you can pick and choose who youd even wanna get in contact with. outa 70 apps. id take 20 quality ball players to add to a core of say returning players or somethin. 200 apps tho?? no wonder you guys have like 60 guys lol