supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Elkhart Shamrock home field?

Where will the Shamrock be playing this season? Any news? Website's gone...

Re: Elkhart Shamrock home field?

That is the million dollar question.

i was just wonderin why david link is on the shamrock roster when he signed with the hurricanes?

The Elkhart Shamrock will host their home games at Studebaker Park at this present moment. We are waiting for a decision on another feild location.
David will be taken off of the roster. At this moment it was just a list of potental players, not signed players. Best of luck to you guys this year...

We have been sitting back and watching several people throw up useless post about the Shamrock. "Where are they playing?" "Do they have a team this year?" What is really aggravating is that most of the posts are from guys who want to stir up crap because they are not posting their name, or team affiliation, but want to feel all high and mighty because the either don't like the Frantz brothers or just need to feel superior.
We will see the Shamrock either at Studebaker or at Triton. And I hope like hell that you guys give us as good a game as you did last season.
Good Luck Mitchell.

Mike K
KC Mustangs

Well, I guess I would be one of the people throwing up the worthless comments, I think I should answer back. Mike, let me ask you a question. Your team is having tryouts right now, right? What are going to be the chances of a guy getting a starting position if they were to come out in, lets say, the middle of May. I know the answer, none at all. I would be unfair to the players who put in the time and effort now to go through tryouts and offseason stuff to let someone else walk in and have a go at a starters position. Yet, that is the position I along with other players for the Shamrocks are in. We don't know if this team is going to make it, and everything is hush hush about what the plans are, which really makes me think that there are no plans. The church we played at last year kicked us out because some dickhead got naked in their parking lot and took a bath with a gallon jug of water, and the dude that got use that field to start with started his own team. And I am sorry, it is not my problem that a sponser for the team can't be found, maybe you should not have started a team in a county in which the president of the united states stopped by twice because it is the highest unemployed county in the nation. No one required you to be a team owner to begin with. You think Jerry Jones does not take flack? I will be honest, my big beef is that last year I paid to try out, thought I had a position as a starter on D, and then in walks friends of the team who did not show up from day one, and I got bumped. This was not Coach Bell's call to do that, so don't put that on him, Matt ran the D, and it was his call, and he is one of the owners. I saw it happen to other guys too, people who paid their money were getting replaced by people who would not drag their sorry asses over to warm up with the team, but could stand around and talk. It is all shady, and and feel that same shady shit is goin on agian. I am glad you got the bill paid off, that is cool, and I have came to a couple of the practices and meetings, and have seen what has turned out. The guy your expecting be be QB has yet to show, and from what it sounds like, a lot of guys that you were planning on dressin in green are looking elsewhere. My only purpose in this is not to have anyone get screwed, and I fear that is what is going to happen.

There...I knew if I posted my comment that it would spark something.

Mitchell and the leadership of the Shamrock now know your complaint. (Even though I don't agree with it being brought forward here). If they choose to take it and do something with it then all the better. They need to address that and continue.

I am not saying that your question is not valid. Believe me if I was a player on the Shamrock and I did not know where we were playing, or if we were even going to have a team, I would be asking those questions. But even I have Mitchell's phone number. And I think I would be calling him, bugging the crap out of him until I had an answer. Not coming here and starting this for the whole world to see. And if I didn't get the answers I wanted then like you said, there are other teams.

As far as last year,,, I cannot give an OPINION to that. I wasn't there. But I will say that if there is one team in the history of sports where every player thought they were getting every opportunity to play and that the guy that took their position wasn't better than him, it would have to be Olympic Curling. And even that is in question now as I think I am better than John Shuster (what an idiot).

Truth,,, I hope that if you are a Rock player you call Mitchell up, head to Starbuck's and grab a cup and talk this out. If not then so be it. And if our paths cross, hit me up and I will shake your hand. I admire your guts.

Mike K

I am not going to give my phone number on here, but if you email me with your name & number so we can have talk. My email is elkhartshamrock@yahoo.com .

I am awaiting your contact, lets not go on any further without a solution...

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3
Co-Owner

where is this listed roster?

For the record, I am not a player nor affiliated with any team. I'm just a fan from Detroit who used to live in Elkhart and I'd like to catch a game this season down there if I can. I already know where the Hurricanes and Hitmen are playing, was just curious where the Shamrock would be.

Sorry; didn't mean to start any crap.

Elganned,

I hope you are able to watch us in action this year. Let me know when you are in town, I would like to meet you. Thank you for your inquiry.

The team website is
leaguelineup.com/elkhartshamrock

Mitchell Frantz
Shamrock #3
Co-Owner

Just want the truth: I will address your complaint, for the record if you were bumped down the depth chart because of someone else then they must have been better than you. Second I can't make anyone do the stretches if they don't want to, we don't pay our players so I make players do what i want. I can only suggest to them that they particapate with the team.
Now for the next part of your complaint, the reason for everything being hush hush is because things have not been finalized. Once things are in place then you as a player will be told. And if you would be at all the workouts and the meetings then you would know what is going on at this time. That goes for everyone that is wondering whats going on with the team this year(any former players).
So now that I have replied to your complaints, If you have anything or If ANYONE has anything to ask me about the Shamrock then you can call me at home(574-226-0495). I am home most of the time since i am currently unemployeed, so I hope that people can stop wondering what is going on and just call me for the answers and if i can't answer your questions then i will find the answer and call you back.

Matt, your responce is exactly why anyone with any talent left this team, you have no idea what your talking about. You can't make people warm up? You kick their ass off the team, or you enforce that code of conduct that you made people sign last year, like the rule about not smoking on the field, with you light up right in the middle of practice. Classy. The person that bumped me was better than me? No, the person that bumped me was a friend of yours that pulled a Brett Farve and showed up 10 minutes before the game and was stuck in. I paid y dues, and my fees, did he? Hell no, but then you bitch about no having money to pay for things, and let crap like that go on. I attended a game two years ago where you lost it, and from what I heard did not coach the rest of the year. I get that you want to be a coach, but when you take this approach, you just look like a joke, and that is why just about anyone with any talent left. For the record, I really have no proble with mitch, i think he has tried to do the best he can with what he has, but at times you have to call a spade a spade. I have decided that I am giving up on this. I am getting lumped into the same group of people who like to get up on here and talk shit about other players, just to be assholes. I have a purpose, and no I can't give who I am to try to protect myself in case I ever want to try and play agian, I have seen what happens to people when they try and speak out agianst this type of BS. I am not going to call or email anyone just to hear excuses about why it is not their fault and fingers pointed at other people. I have lost my intrest in this. I don't have the money to travel to a team that has got their act together, and from what I have heard from several sources, the shamrocks are blaming others for the fact that their team fell apart, and apparently from this post, are putting anyone they can on their roster to make it look as if the have a team, which just leads me to lose faith that they can pull it together. I am off to play softball this year. Let me leave you with this, from what I have gathered, just about everyone, with the exception of rob, who has scored a point for the shamrocks over the past to years has now signed with a diffrent team, namely the wolfpack, mustangs and hurricanes. Just ponder that for a moment. The truth has left the building.

"Just want the truth" This is semi pro football. Alot of these teams are started by guys who just love to play football. And its just a fact of life that the first people a team owner will recruit are his friends,former teammates and family. Of course there is gonna be favoritism, duh. I'm sure it happens on most every team in semi pro football, esp. if you have a figurehead head coach. I know it sucks playing for a coach who you know is being controlled by the owner and maybe one of its star players. Happens all the time at this level. Teams always treat new players or unsigned players like their the shit, cause they need that money. Just a fact of semi pro football life. Gotta have those funds to play, right. Once they get it, things change.

All I can say is keep busting your ass at practice and stay positive. Sometimes it takes a few years to work your way into a starting role. Coaches and team owners just don't wanna deal with the drama that comes with taking a friend, family member, team veteran, ect. out of the starting lineup.

Wait till the last minute to officially sign and pay player fees. So if you feel like you cant handle the politics you have the option to go to another team, if you have that option.

And don't worry about shit you can't control like team management issues and where the team is gonna be playing. And don't worry about what other guys from other teams have to say. Like Mike, I'm sure the same shit goes on, on his team. And he's probably just some dude that thinks he has a say when he really doesn't.

would everyone just quit your bitching!! Im drunk and cant handle it and im the asshole your talking about so suck it! If you dont like it leave if you do stay! You pussies need to adjust your commitment level!
Sorry to only supa

Kurt (the #1 asshole)

IamYourFatherLuke Like Mike, I'm sure the same shit goes on, on his team. And he's probably just some dude that thinks he has a say when he really doesn't.[/quote

Damn...I have been found out.
Have a good day!!!