supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two birds in the same nest

I was talking to a player who is playing for the renegades and he told me that Jimmy Johnson has left the Generals to go to the KC Mustangs. I played last year with the Generals and now going to the pirates. I dont know if there is any truth to this but if so the league needs to make a change as far as the VP and league president being on the same team.

Re: Two birds in the same nest

I dunno who this is so I will speak generally.
Pirates stay off this site. We have our own message board where is you feel the need to post you can.

If you would have asked me or jack spradlin, the two IFL reps, we could have told you that this has already been brought up and been discussed and will most likely will be discussed at the next IFL meeting as well.

So next time if there is a question about the operations of the IFL, ask Jack or myself, before you ask a general message board. Your answer will be answered quickly and a lot more accurate than it ever will be on here.

Why is it that teams want their members to "stay off the message boards"? Questions with general interest can be asked and answered courteously and accurately in public; this ain't no super-spy thing. What, exactly, is everybody afraid of? That the general public might actually find out what's going on?

elganned
Why is it that teams want their members to "stay off the message boards"? Questions with general interest can be asked and answered courteously and accurately in public; this ain't no super-spy thing. What, exactly, is everybody afraid of? That the general public might actually find out what's going on?

I think some things should be handled in house in regards to what happens on a team...

I think some things are good to expose when there is something that effects other teams...

If a person is bringing something to the publics eye, then they should have all the facts..I have posted what I thought I knew but found out that one of my coach's failed to provide the team with information that he knew but didnt tell us (Like playing a team and they didnt have a locker room and we got dressed in a parking lot)

One thing that I have learned about our level.....some owners feel that players dont need to know about all the politics...I disagree and I'm a owner. What goes on in the League Meetings, I discuss with my players...Its the Players who are the ones that are allowing me to continue being involved in the game...

I also think that somethings need to be kept off the boards until the situation is handled so that a league dont get a bad rep. but if a situation is brought up that could hurt the rep. of the league, then a League Board of Director should handle the situatuation as professional as can be.

I think the Pirate staff handled it quite well....somethings needs to be brought up to your team reps or owners rather than the public first and maybe that question can be answered rather than starting to stir up something....

but what do I know

We (Battle Creek Blaze) ask our members to stay off of the public forums because we have administrators to represent the organization.

There is NO WAY to police 50+ adults and their opinions, and we hide nothing from our players, but from a standpoint of credibility and image, we ask that only those assigned with the task of posting, releasing press statements, and making official announcements do so.

Anyone who has ever read the Michigan 'board will understand the "drama" that we wish to avoid with this ideology/request.

On a side note - any of our players are available to accomodate requests for interviews (but that happens maybe once per season).