supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What league are the Jay County Panthers playing in?

The Alliance League has them listed with a full schedule.
The GIFA also has them listed, with a full schedule on the same dates as the AFL.
Several Great Lakes League teams have them listed on their schedules, also on the same dates as the AFL and the GIFA.

So, what's the scoop? What league are they REALLY playing in, and what's their REAL schedule?

Re: What league are the Jay County Panthers playing in?

I have several buddies that play for em and talk to Zeb occasionally, he was my high school coach, Im pretty sure they are in the alliance football league. I know they play in Baltimore soon.

I can't say what league they are playing in, but the post to our CRFL site said that they were invited to all 3 of those leagues and was also interested in the CRFL. I hadn't realized they were on the schedule for all 3. Wow, that's a mess. I can't say I'm surprised.

Man, Joe and I are both up late. Interesting that they can play in the Alliance league when the GIFA was allegedly suing them last year for trying to leave. Two year contract if I remember correctly.

I am getting a lot of different stories about Zeb Sutton and the JC Panthers. We are scheduled to travel to him for our 1st game (AFL) on June 5th. I am really worried because the common denominator is that he will not respond to any of my messages (text, email, phone).

I have talked to the the different leagues and they all say he has been stringing them along.

I don't wanna bash the guy, I just want some honest input about him and his team. Any backgroung info would be of great help. Thanks.

I dont know the circumstances from a few years ago, but it went something along these lines, if your having trouble contacting him chances are hes avoiding you, I love the guy to death as a person/coach, but it seems to be a re-occuring theme when hes running a team lol in 2006 he had a disappearing act without addressing his players at all, that caused us to fold, its a huge reason why our core of player HE coached in H.S. chose to play with the Force Vs. rejoining him. I hope this helpful...

The email I got from the Panthers when I asked about their league(s) and pointed out that they were listed on three different schedules was that they were going to go with the AFL. So you're probably safe for your opener.

Just take anything he tells you with a BLOCK of salt...

Thats funny I commented on a GIFA post on Facebook and received this message from the President of the League:

He has assured me that was not part of any those leagues and would not put what he has with us .
He told me that afl guy keeps trying to put him on their site he has even cc me the the e-mails requesting that they be removed.

@ MC Pirates How long ago was this (that he told you he was not with the AFL? And would you please send those emails. I'm not being nosey, I just want to be proactive, and save a lot of nonsense. Thanks.

He didn't send me anything.
That is what Brad V., the president of the GIFA told me when I posted on his facebook update about the GIFA schedule being released. You will need to ask him.

Hully, just do yourself and your league a big favor and dump these guys.

Find another game. You'll be happier for it.

So check this out

http://michigansemipro.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4792

Here it says: The last statement from the Jay County Panthers, reported that they are part of the Great Lakes Football League by all accounts as of Tuesday April 6,2010. I have also seen other leagues have them listed but according to Mr. Sutton he was only seeking info on the league and to not join them. If he has decided to go to another league it is by his choice to due so before the start of the season. This includes if he is no longer a member of the 2010 GLFL. We do not wish to offend anyone in this matter so please do not take this out of context. We wish the Jay County Panthers good luck in all its endeavors whether its with the GLFL or not.

So please mr. Zeb Sutton
WHAT LEAGUE ARE YOU IN?

Zeb,

You have made a challenge to every team on this board. So we know you are on here alot. If you want to get any respect and opportunity to play teams in this state, step up and tell us whats going on.

seems the panther have posted on there website an afl schedule - oh and their first game in baltimore doesn't show up on their opponents schedule and really the tornadoes i though they had more pride than that really if true mismatch of the year by most likely more fake games like last years anyways what a disaster

I usually don't like to bash other teams, but I am really tired of seeing other teams get hosed. Based on past track record, I would avoid anything doin with Sutton like the plague. Again, I apologize to the Panthers organization and everyone else, but ask anyone because the reputation for not showing up and not playing games has swirled around him for years. So take this how you want.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

Thanks for the heads up.