supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Treasurer of local volunteer fire department being sued by the state

Attorney General Greg Zoeller filed a lawsuit on Wednesday against Donald Gambrel. (Lake County Steelers Co. Owner)

Zoeller says that Gambrel misused $86,000 of tax money for personal expenses while he was treasurer of the Kingsford-Union Fire Department.

Gambrel served as treasurer for seven years, from 2002 until 2009.

Zoeller says he spent the money on liquor, jewelry, and travel.

The state is suing for all $86,000.

Re: Treasurer of local volunteer fire department being sued by the state

Please tell me this is a joke!!!!!

This is the sad side of message boards. A guy like Mr. Gambrel who has always been there to help players, owners and leagues in Semi-Pro football has now had a coward badly copy and paste an article from a newspaper. What is the truth, nobody knows. There was no criminal charge which is quite a suprise considering the amount of money. If this were all true don't you think there would be somebody facing time. Nothing has been proven, it is all an accusation. However, this does not stop an one of the few people who has something against Don. I can imagine the old man sitting at the table spitting out his coffee metamucil mix when he read this in the paper. Probably tripped over his new teams jersey in a effort to get to the computer to type this. Why don't we wait till there is a true verdict before we jump to conclusions before we SLANDER a man's good name.

Well said ChicagoThunder62! I have knowen Don for many years and he is one of the few really good men in this world! He would do anything for anyone at any time. Why dont this "WOW!" F@*K post his name on here when he posted this. Thats what I hate about this kind of message board. You can hide behind some fake name like this F@*K "WOW!". Who is "WOW!"? Be a real man and post you real name!!!! STOP TRYING TO RUN A GOOD MAN'S NAME LIKE DON'S IN THE GROUND!!!!

DENNIS MORRIS
Long Snapper
Lafayette Loins #6
Minor League Football News
Hall Of Fame 2009 Class

P.S. "WOW!" I cap my name so you can see how it is done!!

I don't even know if Don is even with that fire Dept, I do know he is a Supv at a Prison, so I would find it hard to believe He would do this, that and He's just good people.

Those are my initials, Mr. ASS. And I'm not ruining his name, it on the news, papers, and internet. I hope he gets cleared but some players need to know who they are dealing with. And if you don't like this type of message than stay off of it.

Those are your initials WOW? Are you not the brave one. You see there is another thing you failed to mention, in the article you badly copied and pasted you added which team he was with. If you are so concerned about the players well being, than why not post your name so they can call you for guidance, come on your initials how weak is that? "I wanted people to know what they are dealing with" c'mon. What,by posting something that is not decided and tells one side of the story. Here I will tell a side to Don Gambrel and it can be looked up and varified. Don has been helping and doing the MSFL website for years without asking for a dime, he has helped with the AFA NAFL MLFN again never asking for a dime. Don has always been the first to greet a visiting team with drink and a extended hand. He also has always helped by answering any questions a rookie or a younger kid may have and always has a kind word for others. Don has paid his league fees and when his former team needed help, Don returned home even when he easily could have jumped on as a coach with a winning history. Are these accusations true? I find them hard to believe knowing Don, but why not wait until a decision has been rendered before you come spewing your bullshit on the site without giving your name. Here I am going to make this real easy, I used a real email address and my name is Steve Slika and I play for the Chicago Thunder, I am not afraid to show my name when sticking up for a man that I call a friend. Why are you so afraid to show yours after posting something negative about that same guy?

I am on the fence about this one. I do not know the accused personally, but I have heard good things about him. I also know it is hard make something up like that. I think it would be great to here from the person who is being accused. It is one thing to not respond to a stupid football remark on here, but when it carries over to something in your everyday life I think I would have to clear a few things up.

http://franklinrepublic.com/?p=9928

I think this story covers all the details down to the penny.

Sorry for the sloppy copy and paste. That article made it so much better. First to buy you a beer, really!? Help out a team with sponsorship, really!? Ha ha. This is WOW!

WOW; the article is damaging, however the last time I checked in this country you were innocent until proven guilty. Yet pieces of garbage like yourself could not wait to come on here in the shadows and throw around accusations. I stand behind my earlier argument, Don has always been good to myself and the teams and leagues he has belonged to and until he is proven guilty I will hold that assertion.

This is part of the problem of not only Semi-Pro but the country as well. It seems that not to long ago if you had a beef with a guy or had questions,you asked him. You sat down and worked out your differences like two adults. Now you have a whole forum in which you can come hiding with whatever fake name you might find clever and throw the kitchen sink at the guy, never having to hold a position of your own, or hear the guys story face to face. WOW contends he is concerned about all the poor unfortunate men that will work with Mr. Gambrel, yet never once asked Don his story. He ran to a faceless site where he can hide under the cover of his "initials". Again, if the man is found guilty than say what you want, but you are condemming him, and even added a team that finally seems to be on a upswing in YOUR article not the one copy and pasted by yourself. So know your drawing in the fate of 40 to 50 other guys. One I am suprised this message was left to stay on two I am suprised at your indifference, if you "cared" about these "young men" as you say then you would have asked Don himself before posting, he unlike yourself post his email. Yet it has somehow become the norm in society to kick a man when he is down.

who ever made this post does not don i have known him for 7 years and he is a class act type of guy so know the facts before you slander someone like don or enyone else.

well see - the facts have been researched and stated - that is what a state audit is. you can't say its a lie after the fact that its been checked. i am sure he is a nice guy that spent money that he should not have. but it IS public knowledge. its not that anyone here is saying he is guilty are they? no, but its public knowledge so don't go bashing anyone for reporting whats already been reported. its up to the player that have sighed up for the steelers and the msfl to decided how to responded. but hell how many times is owners and money management been an issue in semi-pro. how many times do players get screwed when an owner ups and leaves and they wish they had prior knowledge that is could happen. hell thank you WOW for keeping people informed.

audit is proof of wrong doing, not an accusation - take ownership in your actions - he did wrong - he is lucky he is just being sued and not going going to jail for stealing.

I love being Internet famous.

First, while I am limited to what I can say in regards to the article, I will say this...
Dont believe everything you read.
I wish I could say more inregards to the Articles but I'm sure you can understand that I cant.

As for me personally, I thank those who know me personally and know me as a person.

As for the Lake County Steelers which is the reason this was posted on this message Board. My job with the Steelers...who are in their 11th year....I am the Asstitant Head Coach/Offensive Cordinator I have nothing to do with the monies or proceeds that come to the Steeler Organization. As for the first post which states that I am the Owner....I have a small percentage of ownership which is basically for the situations in which someone is needed to represent the Lake County Steelers at a League Meeting. My job with the Steelers this year is to Schedule Games...Set up Practices and drills....and to call the Offense...thats it...
So in regards to Players needing to know whats going on...thats it...I am not responsible for anything Monies that come to the Steelers..

Again, in regards to the Situation that I am in, I cannot discuss this especially on a open forum. But if you do know me personally, I just ask that you dont believe everything that you read. That is the job of the State to make it look worse than what it is.

Again thank you to those who know me personally and when I can talk more about it I will.

Hope all work out for ya Gambrel. Thank you for coming out and addressing this as much as you could. It's hard for people not to judge before knowing all the facts. Sometimes an Audit is routine. In my business I get "audits" in different areas at least 6 times a year for different reasons. Financial, Health and safety.

As far as the "Stangs" are concerned Gambrel, just make our trip up there an enjoyable on for Football. Cya in June.

Fox
Def. Coord.
Indiana Mustangs

The media bends and twists the truth. It's never actually the truth. Except for the fact that Lawrence Taylor banged that 16 yr old hooker. Whether, she's a hooker or not, come one LT. She's 16. Couldn't you find some hot mom that has kids my age that is a football fan that knows who you are. NO LT!!! THAT'S A BAD LT!!!