supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is it??

Who's gonna be the surprise team in the IFL this season? Any guesses?

Re: Who is it??

I am impressed with the Washington Redskins. Even though they play in the NFL any team in the IFL could have beat them last year. And now look at them. Gross got on the phone, called the owners, told them to get Shanahan and look...they have a coach. Then he gets on the hotline and says "Hey,,get McNabb to play McQuaterback" and poof he's there. And then he says "Kemper don't need to have Larry Johnson on the Bengals for 2010, get him to Washington to carry the ball" and the rest is history.
As far as surprise teams in the IFL...WAY TOO EARLY TO EVEN GUESS THAT.

I for one will be interested to see how the Battle Creek Blaze do in this league. They were respectable in the USFA, just wondering how they'll stack up agains the likes of the Mustangs...

North
The shamrock have picked up some players that can flat out ball. Now the only question is can the Coaching staff and owners make it all work together? If they can the Rock will be right there in every game. finish 3-5 or 5-3.

The mustangs picked up some extra depth in former generals players. The picked up starters from the Arena 2 team. We all know that the are like the colts the regular season don't matter it's the playoffs. With all the new players one would think they are the team to beat in the north but THAT is not the case.
Finish 6-2

The Blaze have come down a level to play in the IFL. We all know by now that they can talk a big game but can they back it up?Last season they played the Outlawz twice and both games were very onesided. They will show that they can beat about every team in the north but one. Finish 7-1

Wolfpack are the top of the north. last year was learning curve and they are ready to ball. This team is more of a family than all the others. The want it more too. Finish 8-0.

The panther have heart but no talent. they will not give up but they wont win one game. finish 0-8

The hitmen are new but well ran and ready to ball. if you sleep on this team they will beat you. tons of talent and a few upsets. finish 5-3

The hurricanes are new as well but not on the same level as the hitmen. They will hit you for 4 quarters but sometimes hitting just is not ennough to win a game. finish 3-5

South
Riaders was been through a lot of changes for the better. New talent and good leadership is getting this team on the right track. they are still a year or two away but you will know you played a game with them. finish 3-5.

The force have made some changes of their own too. They faired well in the MFL but this is whole nother level of football. they too are a few more years away. A lot of very good skilled plaers and some good linemen as well just not enough depth. finish 4-4

The cutters back to back champs have made changes too. It must be a south thing lol. Brent is gone and in come two great college coaches. making the cutters the best coached team around. They have lost some good talent but have also gain some better talent. The biggest lose is that of leadership and vets that have played this level of football a long time. They are the champs and they always lose one so finish 7-1

The pirates are a strange group. They have hiden talent that no one knows about. They are kind of under the radar but still on the surface. Dane hill is out along with a few others but the pirates will will be ok. JJ has a plan and seems to be sticking to it. The pirates do have the hardest schedule in the league hands down so its hard to see them going past 500 finish 4-4

Wildcats will not lay down for anyone and will hit you country boy style. they wont win any style points but they will win a lot of games. Dont be suprised if they rep the south in the ship. finish 6-2

The Generals have had a monster offseason. There was huge changes but they seem to have worked out for the best. The biggest move was being able to keep there coach. No one person has a bigger impact on a team that JT! This team has more talent on their second string than most teams startes. the only question is can all those players work together and be a team or will egos get in the way? The Generals roster looks like a allstar lineup. Finish 7-1

The outlawz and blazers have good reason to think they should meet in the ship. Tons of coaches and talent but also some headcases too. As long as they dont have a off day the should be able to beat everyone. finish 8-0

Just my thoughts but im nobdy

Who are the Blazers? You could not have been reffering to Battle Creek Blaze as you referenced them in your response. Just Curious. Good Luck to all teams!

Lol the reason you might think we have a lot of headcases may be from one player talking on the message boards and talking a lot on the field lol. But he isn't with the team anymore.

I believe the outlawz and blaze only played once last year. Also in the blazes defense they only had half there team travel. They Both are good teams but I still say the generals or cutters are the teams to beat.They both are great additions to the league but they only had average records in the usfa. It will be a fight for both of them also in this league. Best of luck to everyone. With the new teams added it will be a fun year for the IFL.

We were 5-5 last year because of our injuries. We were 7-3 the year before and 2 of our losses were to Lima Warriors and Grand Rapids Thunder 2 of the top teams. We had so many injuries last year it was ridiculous. This year we are much improved talent wise and the attitudes are a lot better with the team.

Everybody has excuses why there record is bad or average. Looking at your schedule last year it didnt look that great. It was kinda weak and you still went 5 and 5. You do have a great running back though ,he looks like a beast. Not knocking your team but when you join a new league you must show what you have instead of talking your team up. Sometimes talking what you have makes your team and egos look stupid.I do wish you good luck though. Your schedule looks tough this year with both the generals and cutters on it and not to mention some other tough games.

Mitch, I wanna play for you man. You're the head coach. but, come on. I'm 6'4" 286. You wanted me at tight end. Great. I'm pumped to be a part of the offense. But, i'm sooo pissed. Not at you. But, i am NOT a back up fullback. Dude, I had a spot with the Mustangs. They're one of the best teams in the league. I left cuz I wasn't comfortable there. Like I said, Im not mad at you. But, what the fuck. Check your team. I wanna leave. I dont mean to disrespect your family. But, I even heard Rob say Matt needs to shut up. You're a great guy dude. I'd LOVE to play for Mitch and Rob. But, Mitch ppl have been bitchin like mad about Matt. No disrespect Matt. But, I HEARD Mitch tell Don to coach the offense while he's gone. Matt just thought he could take over. Get mad at me if you want Matt. The Mustangs asked me if I really wanted to play with the "Franz bros." It's not Mitch or Rob. Matt, everyone has tripped out on you the last few pracitices. I AM pissed. I just wanna be on the team where the best player plays that postion. We arent pros. I pay money to play this game. At my size Sid Phillips said I was the fastest offensive lineman in the leage. I JUST WANNA PLAY BALL. I'm mad as hell. ANY TEAM THAT WANTS TO GIVE ME A SHOT, LET ME KNOW. michael.craig.91@gmail.com. Sorry, Mitch. It's not you. I swear. I'm just sick of politics.

Everybody has excuses why there record is bad or average. Looking at your schedule last year it didnt look that great. It was kinda weak and you still went 5 and 5. You do have a great running back though ,he looks like a beast. Not knocking your team but when you join a new league you must show what you have instead of talking your team up. Sometimes talking what you have makes your team and egos look stupid.I do wish you good luck though. Your schedule looks tough this year with both the generals and cutters on it and not to mention some other tough games.

Not trying to get anything started but no one on our team has one post on this board where we are talking our team up But yeah everyone has excuses but if you were around o se all the injuries we had last year including our runing back then you would know what im talking about. We ended up having 9 or 10 starters injured and not just for a couple games. Trust me that will kill a team.

Coach Hicks, you're a good man. Thanks for the phone call this morning. It was much needed. Thanks for the reassurance and calming me down. These last two practices made me wanna strangle people. I'll be there Tuesday. I told you I wanna play for you and I don't wanna leave. We got something clicking that I wanna be a part of. Again, coach. Thanks man. I was reeeeeal pissed.

Was that really the best way to handle that situation? That sounded like a problem that should have been handled at practice instead of being put on a message board for everyone else to read. But what else should we expect from another elkhart "superstar" ....... Mitch and the rest of the guys on the team dont take this as a shot at the shamrock.... Its not many of you know me better then that. If its still the same shamrock that i remeber playing for Im sure that you guys will handle that on tuesday, Best of luck this upcomming season. Looking forward to playing against you guys again..

Rock45
Mitch, I wanna play for you man. You're the head coach. but, come on. I'm 6'4" 286. You wanted me at tight end. Great. I'm pumped to be a part of the offense. But, i'm sooo pissed. Not at you. But, i am NOT a back up fullback. Dude, I had a spot with the Mustangs. They're one of the best teams in the league. I left cuz I wasn't comfortable there. Like I said, Im not mad at you. But, what the fuck. Check your team. I wanna leave. I dont mean to disrespect your family. But, I even heard Rob say Matt needs to shut up. You're a great guy dude. I'd LOVE to play for Mitch and Rob. But, Mitch ppl have been bitchin like mad about Matt. No disrespect Matt. But, I HEARD Mitch tell Don to coach the offense while he's gone. Matt just thought he could take over. Get mad at me if you want Matt. The Mustangs asked me if I really wanted to play with the "Franz bros." It's not Mitch or Rob. Matt, everyone has tripped out on you the last few pracitices. I AM pissed. I just wanna be on the team where the best player plays that postion. We arent pros. I pay money to play this game. At my size Sid Phillips said I was the fastest offensive lineman in the leage. I JUST WANNA PLAY BALL. I'm mad as hell. ANY TEAM THAT WANTS TO GIVE ME A SHOT, LET ME KNOW. michael.craig.91@gmail.com. Sorry, Mitch. It's not you. I swear. I'm just sick of politics.

“After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” - Will Rogers.

"We Know Better," Coach Don asked me to not say anything anymore on the message board. I have nothing but respect for him, so I won't. What's your name? Who do you play for? Man up. That's all i gotta say.

Generals will win it all doesnt matter.Just watch team looks pretty goood.I hope everyone is ready and worked hard this off-season.I know we have and put in work every practice.Good luck to all of you.

DONT SIT UP HERE N SAY THAT THIS TEAM IS THIS AND THAT TEAM IS THAT CAUSE ITS THE PRE SEASON.. FROM PAST EXPERIENCES THE TEAMS I HAVE PLAY FOR HAS ALWAYS BEEN DOUTED BUT WE ALWAYS SHOW UP ON GAME DAY READY...WITH A BIG HEART..NEW TEAM IM PLAYING FOR NOW AND THE HEART IS EVEN BIGGER ON TOP OF PLENTY TALENT.... I CANT WAIT TIL THE SEASON KICKS OFF SO PEOPLE CAN STOP RUNING THEIR CHOPS...N BY THE WAY, THE GENERALS MIGHT GET PAST WITH A .500 SEASON

haha chris i like the confidence but after losing in the ship last year with the team we had last year, you never know what could happen. as for goin .500, well we will see i guess. should be a good year, prob the most competitive the ifl has ever seen. sucks with 14 teams theres only an 8 game season but oh well. generals have alot of goals this year starting off with a very tough game against the tornadoes which on paper we prob shouldnt win. good luck to all the teams in ifl this year except when you play us.