supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumors

Rumor has it that one of the key players from last years wolfpack team will no longer be playing this year.

Re: Rumors

ooh my god who care why start stuff last i checked one guys doesn't make a team and this is getting old with all the "rumors" aka stirring the pot spend more time on your team getting ready and less time worrying who is play with who.

Really? Enlighten us because we have yet to hear of this rumor

It's true, shrock and I are starting our own league and leaving our teams. It will just be him playing DE and me playn tackle and we will go full go till someone passes out. We will come to a new town each week. Get your tickets and popcorn now!

what the heck is going on here

Mustangs #64
It's true, shrock and I are starting our own league and leaving our teams. It will just be him playing DE and me playn tackle and we will go full go till someone passes out. We will come to a new town each week. Get your tickets and popcorn now!

Hilarious! Im not sure who said it but I agree with the whole "why stir the pot thing?" Play with who you have and try to beat whoever you are playing. How hard is it? I think some people get just as excited about people jumping from team to team in semi pro as they do when NFL teams sign big name talent. Its kind of funny to me. Anyway, good luck to all teams, especially Mustang #64 and Shrock #6. Sounds like you guys have your work cut out for you!

I heard threw the grape vine this week that the Raiders may be in trouble nunber wise and are in talks with maybe folding and joing up with the outlawz! Can anyone comfirm or deney this? Also what kinda havock will this play on the ifl schesuel?

This total bull. The damn raider have screwed the IFL over and over again. All of those players should be band from the league. Outlawz dont get sucked into their lies and BS.

I am no longer playing on this team or any other team but i do check in on a few teams from time to time. I did happen to stop at a Raiders practice 3 weeks ago and there were about 25 players or so there and was told they had 10 or 15 more. I dont know there numbers for sure or anything of whats going on but if this rumor is true something has happened in the last 3 weeks. Lack of consitant comitment from players is what drove me away from Semi-pro ball so i am not shocked when i hear any rumor! I also noticed a few old cougars practicing with the Raiders wont say who or what positions because if they are feilding a team that wouldnt be cool of me!! Now as far as banning all the players thats horse crap, id agree with maybe banning the owner incluiding me from trying to form another team if the Raiders fold! I mean how many times do they let pepole put a team back in the league! I do not exclude my self in the banning since i had a hand in starting this team last year!! I would never try and put a team together with these attitudes again any ways but do agree i and any other owner of the Wranglers or Raiders should be voted down if they tried to bring another team to IFL if the Raiders fold! I belive its the owners fault for not cutting ties with bad players and working hard to rectuit new players! Instead of going threw another year of crap i cut my ties with the team and Semi-pro in general! I may watch a game but will not play on a team this year because of the past couple of years. Now banning the previous owners i say good idea but banning all players not so good! I myself have missed 1 game and 3 practices in 5 years and know of a handfull of players that i trust in that can say the same! So black balling all the players would not be to fair. I believe it would be up to the teams to talk to any of the players about certian other players and just not welcome any of the known slackers or no show type guys a spot on the team!! Hope all works out with all teams in the IFL, even under some bad times overall i love the game and loved playing in the league!! Hensley out!!

I thought a merger (Raiders-Outlawz-Force) in (or near) Wapokeneta would be nice in 2011, but maybe we're seeing it sooner?

The Outlawz certainly have made very positive strides in terms of leadership this season, which likely means a correlation to increased competitiveness on the field.

Best of luck and great health to the IFL members this year!

With half of our team coming from Indiana, I dont see a merger with the outlawz happenin, ya never know though, but Wapakoneta is an extra 25 miles or so further for us comin from Indiana, hell Houstons long enough lol a merger with the raiders does seem a little more logical.

What happened to the days where if a team or person were having problems, someone would pick up the phone and see what they could do to help? It seems nobody who has posted here really wants to reach out to the Raiders and A. see if it is even true that they are having issues and B. offer help to see what can be done.

A few posters have dogged on the Raiders and one posted for the players of the Raides to come to their team "IF" it was true. It was probably nothing more than a RUMOR but nobody called to verify or they would have stated that it came straight from the Raiders.

Hopefully someone reaches out and finds out it was just more uniformed people stirring the pot. Good luck and remeber that a strong league is full of teams who will go out of their way to help a fellow team in need.

yes ifl could be verry interesting this year with the titans and the cardnals merging with the shamrock to make one exciting team we will see how it plays out

D Mishler has this right. I see that another post is on here inviting players from the Raiders to join the Force if the Raiders are folding. You would think as a new team in the IFL you would support a team and not try to act like a vulture.

That is very discouraging to me. The Raiders are a class team and were fighting to stay alive last year. I certainly hope they make it.

Vulture? lol ok, i can see the issue if we were trying to steal players, but he just welcomed them IF they were folding, if not great! look forward to playin them guys this season, not a big deal. its a competition, if they were to fold players are most likely going some were, better us than the outlawz who are in our division as well. but trust me if there were something in our power to help we would, but bein a first year team we gotta build our own foundation as well, ive been through the struggles the raiders have been through, and in this time in the economy how much help can be provided by other teams, what about the cardinals, or wolverines or crush or any other team that is struggling, if they havnt folded already, what should be done? I dont think any team can just give them money or players. the league and teams of the league have to look out for themselves before they can help others plain and simple...

Mike my actions tonight Im not very proud of, I acted before I heard the entire story. For that I am sorry. I have insulted my team league and myself, if I would have heard everything nothing would have been said and we would all be on here talking about the the other non-sense rumors that have been swarming around.

Tyler Peckham
Midwest Force V.P.

well first I talked to the Raiders. they are in good shape for the season, and feel like they can be competitive. so the "rumor" about them folding or merging,or anything like that is dead. it appears that an obvious team is in need of players or they wouldn't be trying to swarm other TEAMS to get players.
second it was asked if anyone was trying to help, you might start by offering fundraiser advise. or maybe a possible preseason scrimage to encourage players who are on the fence.
i have found that once you help someone else instead of looking out for number 1 you gain more respect,and future allies. there is an old saying "kill them with kindness" even if you dont like someone or a group they wont know what to do if you are good to them regardless.

LMAO who looks bad? if u think we needs players thats cool, I KNOW were fine but when teams run wit 50-60 guys, others would like to as well, honestly as far as I knew the raiders were doin well, we HAVE players that are still in contact with them a little and I thought they had several good fund raisers, if anything Big Mike brought a few of their fundraising ideas to us, not only that we play em this year so why would we scrimmage em? For one I think it should be a dead topic, two I think its bein made a bigger issue than it needs to be. talkin to the raiders doesnt say much, who a player? coach? owner? the only two that can squash it is the raiders, who havnt gotten on here to clear up the "rumor" themselves, and the IFL who may have to worry about any scheduling conflict, either way everyone just needs to drop it and let it play out on its own. and like I said were was the help for the crush, cards, wolverines, or any other team that strugglin. Honestly peck you dont owe "The Voice" any explination, u said your appologies to ur league, and teams involved...

I didn't think I was looking for an explaination. I was stating my opinion.
I have enough problems in my life that I don't need to act as a judge and jury for this. I stated my point, and you can agree or disagree with it. And he did man up and appologized. That was the respectable thing to do. And as far as the Force goes I hope that team does very well this season. There is a DC Warrior player or 2 there that I know and so I am in no way going to knock the team. I am just stating my opinion.

hey its all good, honestly i think we all are just eager for the season to start. Is it July 10th yet? Anyways I made my state, ate my words, life goes on. Let my mistake be a lesson to all, think before things get said (or before you get the whole story) and watch what you say because in the last few days look what has happened......

And people wounder why good players dont want to play anymore? Look at this entire page a bunch of crap being blown out. I destroyed my arm playing for the Wrangles and Raiders for 5 years, I will not do it anymore. When 10 to 14 players show up and kick the crap out of them selfs. To only lose by 40 points or so ..... i see why teams fall apart. This will be my last post on here. I have a lot of friends that are playing for the raiders, but semi pro is not what it used to be. I hope things change and work out for the best... Good Luck Force and the Raiders, hope the best for the IFL. Peace out!