supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Central Wolverines announcement

The last thing I want to do is make this announcement, but we find ourselves in the unfortunate situation of not having the numbers needed to play this year. Even if we had 11 dedicated guys, it is unfair to ask them to go out and get beat up all game long. There are many, including myself, who have had to do that at times, but asking players to sacrifice like that for an entire season with no hope of winning a game is not an option. We ARE planning on trying to come back for next season.

For those that want to take your shots, go ahead and take them. Those who have put together teams and ran them know what a challenge it is and we have tried to do our best in the face of many setbacks. I helped to start this team and it saddens me that we are in this situation. I would like to thank the community of Hartford City and the mayor, Dennis Whitesell, in particular for being behind us 100% the last 2 years. I want to wish all teams in all leagues the best of luck this season.

Re: East Central Wolverines announcement

Sorry to hear that. It's never good when a team has to give up because of a lack of dedication. I would hope that nobody would take a "shot" at you but there are idiots out there who probably will.

Bill Bosworth,

Hey Bill. This is Cory Graham and we played against each other for a few years. I remember you when you were with the Sting if I am not mistaken. I wish you the best of luck next year and hope to see you out there big guy.

Cory, yeah I was on the Sting. We were terrible, but I had so much fun. If it hadn't been for that, I never would have been involved this long.

Yeah. I give you a lot of props Bill. I really do. You are a solid player with a lot of heart. I hope to see you and the Wolverines back next year bud! Good luck to you!

Bill, sorry to hear that. I know first hand how hard it is to start a team. I failed in the first year and it is amazing how long you guys kept it together. I know that if any of your players are still looking to play, they can stop by the Force website and see what to do. Im not the one in charge, but I am sure that the Force would welcome any player to the team because of the circumstances. Just in case, I would talk with Peckham. Neway good luck and I hope you guys can get a team together next year.

Cory, who did you play for then? As far as me being on the field, I had already backed way off my role in management and if I played at all, it would have been a couple games. I had to have foot surgery to remove a fatty tumor from my heelbone in early June, so I'm out this year regardless. Maybe next year, but it will be part time as a backup no matter what happens. I'll be 39 next year anyway. I also have promised my wife I won't be burning up my whole summer anymore. I have to say it's really, really hard to give it up.

John, I don't think there's any need. I'm not sure anyone from over here would want to drive that far. I'm assuming the few guys we have might go to see if they can play for the Blitz or Pirates. I'm not speaking for any of those guys or for those teams, just speculating.

Any Wolverines are welcome to come to the Pirates and a few already have, however due to the IFL rules, they need to contact me ASAP.

If there are any others non-committed to the Pirates or Blitz, I can give a ride if they'd like to play for the Force. I live in Portland, so it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.

Regardless, sorry to hear of the situation. A lot of guys are interested in playing around the area, but not a lot are willing to put in player fees and all the commitment that a summer of football brings.

I'm not sure what anyone's situation is at the moment. I'll tell them if I see them. I work in Portland so I know it's not super far from there.

I know what you mean about guys paying. Every time I hear someone say "I've got this guy who wants to play" etc., I know that the chances are they won't want to when they realize there's money involved. I've seen it happen over and over again. I always figure you wind up with about half the guys who show some interest. That's been my experience anyway. The biggest problem is that Grant, Blackford, and Jay counties have high unemployment. We're already drawing from a small market and the chances that a guy who wants to play will actually be able to afford the fees and equipment are worse than ever.