supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2x Champs Fall!

How did the Cutters lose their opener? Anybody see the game wish to share details? How much did the Cutters really lose? Does the absense of Slinkard and key players have that much impact. Who Witnessed this

Re: 2x Champs Fall!

the midwest force defense held the cutter offense pretty well.. had it not been for a wide open dropped touchdown as time expired on the first half, the force could have had a 28-6 halftime lead.. force scored once in second half and cutters scored twice late in the 4th quarter to make it 26-19. a failed onside kick and a couple knees, the 2x champs went home with an L. it was a hard fought game. the cutters made a few mistakes that the force capitalized on.

The Cutters were a very good football team, their D was pretty sick but we got a few playmakers ourselves. Game started out pretty dead even, than we got like a 30 yard TD run or so to draw first blood, than a QB sneak to go up 14-0 early in the 2nd, Cant remember how they scored probably a run but it was then 14-6, we gota deep jump ball for a TD with a few minutes left in the 2nd to go up 20-6, we had a dropped TD pass as time expired in the 2nd. Force got ball to start the 3rd, we drove and scored on a TD pass to Walser that made it 26-6, after that though the Cutters made a great run at a comeback scoring twice unanswered to make it 26-19 final. They have some very hard runners, their QB was very tough! That about sums it up tho, Thanks Cutters for making the trip it was a really exciting game to play in, best of luck with your season!!

Cutters go .500 this year

weakness ???????/

what was their weakness on off and def and special teams?

IFL Fan
Cutters go .500 this year

Does anyone really care personally I hope that they don't even go 500 maybe that would bring them down to earth and they realize they aren't God's gift to football.
The Outlaws will have their work cut out for them if they want to try and stay close.
sorry Outlaws the Cutters in four years have never lost two games in a row you won't get it done this week.
I would much rather see props being given to the Force for their total team win. Congrats to the Force on their hard fought win
We all know the Cutters have won the title the past two years (we hear it weekly) and this season there are several teams that have the talent and coaching to win it all.
I'm certain the world is not going to stop spinning because the mighty Cutters lost a game.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed the great sportsmanship that the cutters brought to our field. It was alot of fun and a hard battled game from start to finish!! I look forward to doing it again Cutters!! Goodluck this week with your game and stay safe!!

Mark A. Wissman #20 "pitbull"

We have lost a bunch of key players from last year and the new players are starting to gel. This will definately be different year for the Cutters, however we will be back in Championship form soon.

Thats great Cutter fan hope you get back in form real soon.
Hey that's what being 2x defending champs is all about. Sustaining year in and year out. No disrespect meant to you but another L would be hard to overcome in the IFL this season with everyone being so closely matched up.
Rough losing the first time out of the gate and with only 7 games to play everyone knows where the pressures lays.

The Cutters arent what they used to be and will be a mid pack at best team this year. The Generals will be my pick to win the league with the Wolfpack and Outlawz biting at their heals.

hey dean13552

what team u play on?

I understand, we, the outlawz, are new to league and have to prove our selves but

"The Outlaws will have their work cut out for them if they want to try and stay close.
sorry Outlaws the Cutters in four years have never lost two games in a row you won't get it done this week."

wow 'stay close' ok hope we can keep it a game lol

Re: hey dean13552

This just goes to show how much things change from year to year in semi-pro. It's also why games are played on that field instead of on here. It may very well be the only game the Cutters lose. Even Supafan, who's usually pretty accurate on calling the games, got all but a couple games wrong this week. People can talk a lot on here, but the only thing that matters it what takes place on that field.

Re: hey dean13552

well said, thats why we play the game on the field instead of on paper.... goodluck to all teams, hope there is no serious injurys on any team.

Cutters

The Cutters and last years Patriots are proof that things change year to year. The Cutters even mentioned it on their website a while ago about them losing players. With the Cutters playing the Outlawz this week, we could very well see the first time ever that the Cutters start off 0-2. As far as this being the Cutters only loss, they will lose several more games. Just like last seasons Patriots team, a defending championship team will have several marks in the L column.

Re: Cutters

how about giving us a little credit we work hard in the offseason and played hard in the game and no one gives a damn ill give credit to the cutters they arent jumping on here making excuses they played the game they lost and now they are working to fix and improve before next weekends game that what makes them true champs

Congrats Justin Henry MWForce 4, good job.

I also get the feeling that I will be saying this another 3 or 4 times to the opponents of the Cutters this season as well.

As Pitbull said, the Cutters exhibited great sportsmanship. Albeit somewhat surprising, this was a team that displayed a total-class effort.

Last season there was a squabble when they played the Raiders. Suffice it to say, everyone's right - this isn't the same team as last year. They're better in one regard. I appreciated the respect shown at the end of the game.

We had one guy get injured, but he thankfully came back in good shape.

i dont want to be given individual credit all i was saying was if the cutters would have won it would have been, "o man how good are the cutters they lose key guys but they reload and look ready for another championship" so make your excuses all you want be little our hard fought win cuz we dont care we have six more teams to play this season and they matter more then a bunch of guys bs-ing on the internet so go ahead make those excuses we will keep playing ball

The Cutters should be reloaded by this weekend they had plenty of bright spots Saturday.
Arron Biggs had 134 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns
the QB Julian Hopkins had 169 in the air and ran for another 99
Travis Boyd also had 82 yards receiving just had trouble getting into the end zone.
They should be fine this week with the Outlaws with travel and everything got to figure the Outlaws won't be at full strenght, on the other hand they have a chance a slim one but a chance to go 2-0 and put the Cutters at 0-2.
The o line for the cutters is not what it used to be and they have a center that has never played the position before so that is one area that is very weak for them, and I think teams will attack that area until it improves.
I am really looking forward to this season and a close race for the league championship, the teams seem so equal this season even the panthers scored twice already.
I think from top to bottom the league looks great teams are in it to win it and nobody is handing anything to anybody everything this season it looks like must be earned.
The Cutters always have to have at least one loss to wake them up and that has now happened so everyone can expect to see their best from here on out

Typically how it happens lol same as last year, nobody gave us a chance against the pat last year or the cutters this year, once we beat both its oh their not as strong as they have been. Neither were we, we were missing our number one WR in 6'6'' Shean Bosworth, our best DT from MT Union (PECKHAM)has yet to see the field this season, not mention we had another stud DT go down in the first play of the game, aside from a few others that wernt able to make it for us. No excusues but to say the least we were very thin, and undersized at DT so yeah their power running game was pretty succesful. Cutters ARE still a VERY good football team, so evryone can keep feeding that motivation of them not being as talented as they have been to em...

Ok everybody so we won two championships. that doesn't matter, things change players retire, player go to other teams, players can't play due to jobs. You can't win them all. So Cutters lose one game and everybody wants to write them off because of one game, Cutters have 7 more game left. Good luck to all the teams this year, it will be a very fun season. Hopefully we can get an all-star game this year.

Can anyone please refresh my memory and post which team it was that was the biggest advocate for
NO ALL-STAR GAME last season in the IFL

Who cares. No team really deserves props yet. The season just started. For all we know the Cutters may not win a game this season and that could be the only win for the Force. This isnt last year and its clear the Cutters arent the team they were as one of the Force players even said that on here. Win the rest of your games and you will earn your "props" but sitting on this message board asking everyone to give you props is a joke. Even Outlawz 57 has been quiet about their win. None of the other teams who won this week are doing that so buckle down and prove it on the field, not a message board.

Thats the truth painful

Painful Truth
Who cares. No team really deserves props yet. The season just started. For all we know the Cutters may not win a game this season and that could be the only win for the Force. This isnt last year and its clear the Cutters arent the team they were as one of the Force players even said that on here. Win the rest of your games and you will earn your "props" but sitting on this message board asking everyone to give you props is a joke. Even Outlawz 57 has been quiet about their win. None of the other teams who won this week are doing that so buckle down and prove it on the field, not a message board.

co-sign
Tyler Peckham #99
Midwest Force VP