supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 1 recap

A quick review of week one.
Im going to tell you all the truth if you don't like I don't care.

Force beat the cutters, I called this one 24-20. I was not that far off. The Force had everything to prove. The cutters felt they didn't need a preseason game to get ready. The took the force lightly and got beat. Are the cutters done for? NO! They lost the first game of the season to the Mustangs in 08 and lost to the Generals in 09 last year and bounced back and beat both teams in the ship. The cutters lost some talent and their Head Coach but they will finish 6-2.

Outlawz beat the Pirates. I seen the pirates play 3 times already and I see a below .500 team. They have the strongest schedule in the league. I was way off on my pick. Their D played hard all night BUT they have NO offense at all. Special teams plays hard too. The Outlawz have done a lot of talking on this site (#57 lol) and I was let down with what I say. Lower numbers than I thought but a little bigger. Good leadership and a true team that plays well together.

Hitmen beat the Rock. I thought I would see a few busted TD's in this one but what I seen was ugly football. Two teams who have some dislikes for each other did keep it clean but I don't see either one of these two teams winning another game. The Hitmen are better than most think but just don't have the all around talent to win in the IFL this year. Give them a few years and they will be good.

Wildcats beat the Renegades. 49-8. The wildcats did what good teams do they took advantage of the turnovers by the renegades and beat a team they should have beat.
On a side note i want to give props to the renegades for playing three IFL teams in the preseason. You took your lumps but it will pay off come time for your season.

Generals Beat Hurricanes. The hurricanes do not play like a first year team and the generals have yet to play like a championship team. If your on the generals band wagon jump off. They will beat themselves with turnovers and stupid penalties. Championship teams don't look that bad four games in a row. Hurricanes will shock a few teams and pull off a upset or two.

Wolfpack Beat the mustangs. Really all that talk about these arena players and you lay a egg in week one. All this talent from Indy that was going to be the players that put you over the hump and a total beat down. The wolfpack Ran for at least 300 yards. Formula to beast the Mustangs Run the ball all night up the gut. Wolfpack want it more than any team in the league.

Blaze beat the Panthers. I was shocked that the panthers scored. The blaze Might be the most talented team in the IFL and the best ran organization. The only team that will give them a game will be the Wolfpack.

Well thats week one down and week two coming up.
Outlawz @ Cutters
Shamrock @ Hurricanes
Force @ Pirates
Panthers @ Mustangs
Wildcats @ Generals
Wolfpack @ Blaze

Re: Week 1 recap

Sports Reporter (SR)
A quick review of week one.
Im going to tell you all the truth if you don't like I don't care.

Force beat the cutters, I called this one 24-20. I was not that far off. The Force had everything to prove. The cutters felt they didn't need a preseason game to get ready. The took the force lightly and got beat. Are the cutters done for? NO! They lost the first game of the season to the Mustangs in 08 and lost to the Generals in 09 last year and bounced back and beat both teams in the ship. The cutters lost some talent and their Head Coach but they will finish 6-2.

Outlawz beat the Pirates. I seen the pirates play 3 times already and I see a below .500 team. They have the strongest schedule in the league. I was way off on my pick. Their D played hard all night BUT they have NO offense at all. Special teams plays hard too. The Outlawz have done a lot of talking on this site (#57 lol) and I was let down with what I say. Lower numbers than I thought but a little bigger. Good leadership and a true team that plays well together.

Hitmen beat the Rock. I thought I would see a few busted TD's in this one but what I seen was ugly football. Two teams who have some dislikes for each other did keep it clean but I don't see either one of these two teams winning another game. The Hitmen are better than most think but just don't have the all around talent to win in the IFL this year. Give them a few years and they will be good.

Wildcats beat the Renegades. 49-8. The wildcats did what good teams do they took advantage of the turnovers by the renegades and beat a team they should have beat.
On a side note i want to give props to the renegades for playing three IFL teams in the preseason. You took your lumps but it will pay off come time for your season.

Generals Beat Hurricanes. The hurricanes do not play like a first year team and the generals have yet to play like a championship team. If your on the generals band wagon jump off. They will beat themselves with turnovers and stupid penalties. Championship teams don't look that bad four games in a row. Hurricanes will shock a few teams and pull off a upset or two.

Wolfpack Beat the mustangs. Really all that talk about these arena players and you lay a egg in week one. All this talent from Indy that was going to be the players that put you over the hump and a total beat down. The wolfpack Ran for at least 300 yards. Formula to beast the Mustangs Run the ball all night up the gut. Wolfpack want it more than any team in the league.

Blaze beat the Panthers. I was shocked that the panthers scored. The blaze Might be the most talented team in the IFL and the best ran organization. The only team that will give them a game will be the Wolfpack.

Well thats week one down and week two coming up.
Outlawz @ Cutters
Shamrock @ Hurricanes
Force @ Pirates
Panthers @ Mustangs
Wildcats @ Generals
Wolfpack @ Blaze

I have no comment on the other teams but as far as the Hitmen go......you are doing exactly what we want you to do and that is to sleep on us.....we know the reason that we are here and we are here prove it.........just like any other team regardless if they have been together for years or are just starting out everyone has bugs to work out and things to work on..............so enjoy the rest of the season and good luck to everyone.

Don't count the Pirates out yet or you may find yourself walking the plank! Once they find their misplaced match book the cannons will be firing and when the smoke clears, a Pirate flag will be flying high.

There are a few teams under the radar for sure. The Blaze is a team that will be tough to beat.

There's one thing for sure. After this week the Generals aren't just gonna have the championship handed to them.

I don't think that any General or any other team for that matter is expecting anyone or are wanting anyone to hand them the championship.
This could very well be the most competitive and equally matched season in the history of the IFL and that is great not only for the league but the fans as well.
There will be plenty of quality football played this season.

Sports Reporter,
First, just wanted to say thanks for believing in us as a team with your pre-score prediction! Second, I do have a small bone to pick wiht u,..lol...just a little one....all u can say about the Mid West Force is "Force beat Cutters"??? And the rest is all about the Cutters!! No disrespect to the Cutters team, but u can't give up any props to us as a team for beating them? Almost every person out there thought the Cutters would beat us and we showed we are a good team with good coaching and we played a good team and beat them!! We also had some key players missing this past weekend and we will be missing some this weekend against the Pirates.....thats just the way semi-pro ball is...other things happen in life that non-paid players have to do like, work, players hurt, players getting married(pistol)..(jk)(lol), or guys might be sick. Teams rosters can change week to week with playes who cannot make it for whatever reason,...but the teams will still play on,...this is the way it is and you should know that as well as anyone. Guess all I'm saying is....in your comments...don't forget about the teams who do win..even when they were not expeced too and give some props when props are due! Thanks!

Mark A. Wissman #20 "Pitbull"

sports reporter? good recap of week 1! seems like u know a lot about the league. how bout u give us predictions for week 2? blaze and wolfpack?cu

Not taking anything a way from the Force at all so don't take this the wrong way but Idk why everyone is counting the Cutters out already. If they didn't have any preseason games they probably had a lot of rust to knock off. They were down 26-6 or something and made a comeback. I don't know if it was from the Force resting starters or the Cutters just started clicking. We started out rusty vs the Pirates and then we started playing a lot better in the 2nd half and we only had one preseason game and that was 1 quarter vs the Panthers. That being the first time they played vs another team this year could have made them rusty. Just a thought. Like I said not taking anyway from the Force and congrats on your win.

Rumor is Cutters have gone soft. That's why they've been counted out already.

They will be ok and will be a team to watch out for!

Have to agree with JC on this one and everyone will see that this week when they play the outlaws they should win they will win that game with no problems

There is a big difference between a team being ok and a team being championship caliber.

WOW REALLY WITH NO PROBLEMS UMMMM

So I take it that one game is the season right? lol. They will be ok and are a championship caliber team.