supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Under Pressure

Well the first week was a good one some surprises thrown in and maybe some teams who everyone counted out are more than what people thought.

The pressure seems to be building already and judging from the fan predictions page on Indiana Semi-Pro Football it looks like this weekend is another one where anybody can win.

http://www.indianasemiprofootball.com/Rankings/FanPredictions/tabid/172/Default.aspx

what I am wondering is this just who is under the most pressure right now, the IFL season is only 7 games and not all teams will make the playoffs, the south looks tough as does the north.

NOBODY expected the Cutters to lose at the Force and now they host the Outlaws. I think that a second loss would be something that would be very hard to recover from. In the tough Southern division of the IFL.

They have many new faces and a whole new coahing staff and I'm sure they don't want to be the first Cutter team to lose two in a row. I would say the pressure and the must win game for this week is in Bloomington Indiana.

I think the next team under the pressure of a must win game is the Pirates, their game against the Force will be a wild one and should come down to turnovers.
In reality nobody can afford a loss,,,, but is there anyone who agrees that the Cutters and Pirates are in must win situations.

Supa sure has his work cut out for him this week the predictions won't be easy

Re: Under Pressure

I would say that any of the teams that lost week in week one are under intense pressure going 0-2 with the shortened schedule would hard to turn around.

Pressure is handled differently by different teams and people.

The Pirates are a first year team and 0-2 would be tough.

The Shamrock have had to deal with pressure almost every year and they handle it well.

The Cutters I think are under the most pressure to win this weekend a loss and they will find themselves 0-2 in the tough southern division and with lots of doubts, many new players and a complete new coaching staff which is trying to follow in the footsteps of a coaching staff that seldom lost, and never lost two in row.

So most pressure you ask, look no further than Bloomington Indiana.

the pirates arn't a first year team.....pirates have been around for a long time..also used to called the cheifs............

sorry what I meant was that they are a first year IFL team yes they have a long traidition good luck this weekend

i thought thats wat u meant but jus makin sureno biggy...and thanks luck wishes

Sorry, but by no means are you the Chiefs nor the Pirates of the past.

Pirates--let's let this one go. This "fan" has no idea who we are. He's probably someone we let walk the plank in recent history. We are the Pirates, and no amount of message board blasts will make any difference on the field. Play ball and let these fans watch from the sidelines.

ur right we are not the cheif or pirates in tha past......first off the cheifs have championship under the belt coached by dane hill........second the first 2yrs of the pirates they had a losin season...one of those season they were 1-9......3rd i have played wit tha pirates for past 3seasons and we have not yet to win a champions and have not had a losin season.....So i guess ur correct we are not the cheif and pirates of tha past....but one thing in tha past that we do have is brotherhood................GO PIRATES.........

Based on the Pirates offensive play from last week, seems like they still have no QB or O-LINE. Howard is the best one they got and JJ holds his own.

Your crack me up Observer. Thats funny stuff.

That really isn't saying much about those guys! I have seen them play several times. No consistency, & RB's at least in the past have not known how to follow the linemen's blocks. They try to do their own thing.

No, Observer, I will not go out with you. Please stop calling my momma's house looking for me.

Dholder15mcpirates (usertruck 1on1)
ur right we are not the cheif or pirates in tha past......first off the cheifs have championship under the belt coached by dane hill........second the first 2yrs of the pirates they had a losin season...one of those season they were 1-9......3rd i have played wit tha pirates for past 3seasons and we have not yet to win a champions and have not had a losin season.....So i guess ur correct we are not the cheif and pirates of tha past....but one thing in tha past that we do have is brotherhood................GO PIRATES.........

Ok whatever it is you guys are drinking STOP it is affecting your judgement. It is clear you have history and brotherhood but if you take a look at the prediction page you will see that you have only been picked by 6 ( pirates probably ) to win saturday against the Cutters and I would have to say that those 6 are drinking the same water you guys are drinking.
No I'm not a Cutter so don't think that just someone with some common sense that likes to follow the IFL

well i guess us pirates are gonna keep drinkin wateva it is we are drinkin then.........and ur right it prolly was our own players who pick us to win thats all we need...cuz we are tha ones one the field not the public

i witnessed the pirates play the past few weeks, and i have to say that there is NO CHANCE they beat the cutters. the pirate offence is terrible and the defense is mediocre. after a POOR showing against the outlawz (shutout, and a lucky win against the force, i just cannot see the pirates coming close to beating the cutters.

now i know i wasnt at the game but unless u kill a team 178-0 any win isa lucky win the game agaianst the outlawz was won by theoutlawz d end of story hard to win when u cant score and from what i hear the pirate capatalized on mistakes made the the force thats the mark of a good team right there. i could give u all the ammunition in the world but i can't shoot it for u...thats your job. what i mean is even if the pirates were as bad as u say they wouldnt be able to put the force away i saw that in the league i played in in high school....dont mean offense to anyone

THE OUTLAWZ
now i know i wasnt at the game but unless u kill a team 178-0 any win isa lucky win the game agaianst the outlawz was won by theoutlawz d end of story hard to win when u cant score and from what i hear the pirate capatalized on mistakes made the the force thats the mark of a good team right there. i could give u all the ammunition in the world but i can't shoot it for u...thats your job. what i mean is even if the pirates were as bad as u say they wouldnt be able to put the force away i saw that in the league i played in in high school....dont mean offense to anyone

Who ever posted this please dont use the outlawz name. I know this wasnt an outlawz player because we all post our name,Thank you. Also if I was you I wouldnt count the pirates out of anything. They have a good defense and they do have some playmakers on off.

Rightttt