supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
History

I wanna know about some details of these games! Id like to know who the top players are each game.
I know its a team sport but People want to hear about more hype goin on in the league.
Also I wanna know about the past players, whos still playin from the first year of the IFLs existence. 2004, 2005... Whos still playin in the league from the old south central broncos teams, or the first kc mustangs and longhorns and so on?
It would just be cool to see more into the league. I dont know, anyone else feel the same?

Re: History

My two brothers & I played on the Longhorns back in 2005 & 2006. We started the Shamrock in 2007 & played one year in the MFL until we were excepted into the I.F.L. in 2008, this is the league we wanted to be in from the start.

Old Bronco player here, along with my team mates, Kyle, Bobby, Chris.

From the broncos still around in the league..

David moore..Cutters
Me chris johnson..Generals..
Kyle harbaugh..Generals.
Bobby Burton..Generals.
JC..Generals.
Bruce rochell..Not sure who he is with
Sean foley..Generals.
Nick foley..Generals.
Brandon shipman..Generals.

Man I remember that first year in the IFL.We got killed every game that year..

I know a couple players on the generals this year have been around since day 1 in the IFL.And I think jt was as well with the pirates not sure though.

Matt Ashworth(LB) and I are the last two remaining players from the first championship team in 04', the Darke County warriors, still playing for the Midwest Force.

My first year was with the Randolph County Cougars back in 05. It was me, Big Joe(#77), and Justin Henry(#4) that I believe are the only ones left from that team. After that us three basically stayed together. In 06 the cougars folded and we played with the DC chargers. In 07 we all played for the DC warriors for their last season. In 08 we played for the RC Riot which lasted only a year. Then last year we played for the O Force which I believe is the first time we each have played for the same team for two years straight lol. It is funny how things work out, but when you love football and someone pulls up beside you while you are playing basketball and says you are going to practice this week, you say yes!

Ill throw Shean Bosworth out there to, he's played for the last 6 seasons, i believe 3 wit the Warriors, 1 wit the Riot, and last year and this years Force teams.

Yeah I remember the SC broncos were the last place team in 04' and then went on to become the 3 peat champions the next 3 seasons.
Mercer County Cougers were always consistently at the top of the standings during the regular season but just couldnt quite get the ship.
The KC Mustangs have been around since year one and have been the most consistent team from the beginning, always in the top 3 every year, but the championship just keeps eluding them. Old Mike W. could be the John Elway of the IFL if he can win the ship at the end of his career.
The Generals have been a competitive team from the beginning too, The ship has eluded them as well, but this year could be theirs, only time will tell.
In the history of this league, their have only been 3 different champions. But this year could be the most competitive year yet.
Darke County Warriors in 04'.
South Central Broncos in 05', 06', and 07'.
Indiana Cutters in 08', and 09'.
And some of those cutters players were on those Bronco teams and have won 5 championships.
Good luck to all teams and players this year

The Mercer County Cougars tried to get together last season, but there weren't enough for it to take off. Only a couple went on to play for the Raiders last season, before they too, went from the IFL.

I believe there are only four of us original Mustangs left. There is Mike W.#11, Kyle "Choo" Wilbert #52, and myself Shaun Craft #93 and WR Jeremy May. Our head coach Billy West is also an original, and he just might suit up yet. Also, Neko, #21 has been with the team since the start, but didn't play until year two!

Dennis Morris I only played in the IFL for one year and that was in 07 with the SC Broncos. Best team that I have played for and a great group of guys. I really wished thay would have stayed around longer. That was my last year playing. I also played with the Lafayette Lions from 2001 to 2006 the MCFL, (Original)MFL and the MSFL. Now I am in the Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009" and the AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010". Not to bad for a Long Snapper. I know when Bobby Burton is done playing he will be in a Hall Of Fame to. He is the best FB that I have ever seen.

Thanks
Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"

P.S. Is there any former IFL player in a Hall Of Fame besides me? I am just wondering.

How does one be chosen for a semi pro football hall of fame?

You have to be nominated and submitted.

Then there is a vote...

At least - To best of MY knowledge, which aint sayin much..

Hendricks

The two that I am in I was nominated. Then it is reviewed For compliance and consideration by the Hall Of Fame selection committee. After that it is voted on.

Thanks
Dennis Morris
Minor League Football News Hall Of Fame "Class Of 2009"
AFA Hall Of Fame "Class of 2010"

Brian Clawson and I first played together in '95, but I have been playing semi pro since since 1989 with the "independent" Dupage-(Now Kane Co) Eagles. with Arnie Silvestri - who now owns/operates the Chicago Slaughter.

I first played in Indiana for tghe Freemont Invaders- then the SB Vipers, then the ( I think ) MCFL with the River City Rhinos out of Ft Wayne IN. (94-96)

Then looked for a 'home' team for a few seasons, then got lucky enough to got with the Elkhart Co. Grizzlies. There I met Paul Digiacomo, Mitch Frantz, Corey Martin, Terrance Walker Harold Frazier, Tashai Jenkins, Joey Marshall, Sam Beachy, Curtis BigDogg66, Larry Fischer, Dan Gogligowski and many other great names who are still around now...Batlling against Beefs Warriors ( we lost to them THREE times in one season!!) That was the FFL, which became the CRFL, when Paul started the SouthBend Stampede. A great team - and league that was (in my opinion) ran by The Hill Bros. I dont know who were the actual operators of the league, but it wsa fun there. ( well, except for those DAMN CO Lions!!) lol I then played for the Coach Hill and the Pirates with JT and then with Dragons, COACHED by JT.
After that I met Troy Edwards and played with the Hendricks ( no relation) Co. Generals.
I am sure I left out some names, but crap, I been around since the 80's! Ya cant expect me to remember everything that happened since Regan was President!

All in All, met some GREAT players, Coaches, Fans and been on some great teams!

Not to mention Supa, who has been there all along!

By the way - for those who have never played a game IN Racine Wisc. against the Raiders..no matter what venue you play now...if you want the closest thing to a pro atmoshphere ( tail gating, music, staduim, 3-5k screaming fans so loud you as a wr- cannot hear the QB change the play...) you need to get there for a game. I was playing when they wore the ACTUAL silver - Black exactly like LA Raiders now.

Fun stuff..( and Clawson, I already made fun of my own age, so don't go there!)

Hendricks

PS. Wayne, Miss ya buddy!

No love for your favorite announcer Brian?? Damn, I am so hurt.
I am in my 6th year doing this. 3 with DC and now 3 with the Mustangs. A lot of GREAT names have come and gone. I am hoping to cross paths with Pistol some time this season. For his size he is one hell of a QB!!

Sorry Mike, Of the current team ( The KC Mustangs) I have met a new group of guys, plus some former players Like Mike Cupps, his son Howie, JJ, Mike W. ( one of the Best Qb's Ive known) Craft, Neil, and of course, Sid n Mike the Voice!

I am glad I have had the opportunity to meet so many, and God willing no injuries and me keeping my low level of self preservation...., I will keep on!

Hendricks