supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WEEK 3

HURRICANES @ WOLFPACK

Cutters @ Pirates
This year is almost like College football,every game counts! On paper this looks like a easy one to call but it's not! It's not how you win the game it's that you DO win the game. The Pirates have won games this year and thats all that matters. JJ has done a good job of keeping the players believing they can win the ship this year. This game will be the true test for them. They have new life in their new QB kenny Martin. Stacks & Isom are on of the best 1-2 combo's in the league. The Pirates and cutters are almost the same team. Run the ball and play solid D! The cutters have a better running back in Biggs but have no passing game. They do have talent @ WR but the QB is still young and not game savey.Jeff Adams(of the Pirates)will have his D ready for the Passing game. Dre Key will let the cutters know that the Pirates can win. Look for a good old fashion slug fest and a few trick plays here and there. But the cutters pull it out.
Cutters 20
Pirates 18

Wildcats @ Shamrock
The rock have fallin hard this year. To many players have moved on to other teams. The Frantz men will keep the team afloat and will fight to the end. Just not enough talent and leadership to carry the Rock to a win. The Wildcats will come ready to show that they can play in the IFL.

WILDCATS 34
ROCK 12

PANTHERS @ HITMEN
The panthers will see that the NORTH is the stronger divison.
HITMEN 40
PANTHERS 12

GENERALS @ FORCE
The force have shown that with a full team they can beat the best the IFL has to offer. With a missing player here and ther they are a middle of the pack team. The good news is that they are at home. #8 Bosworth will be ready to go as well. The Force will have their three amigo's (#8-#13-#10) ready to ball. Sticking to what they do best and running the ball and not ditching their style of football will be best for them. Showing a team that you will imposse your will can break their spirts. The Generals showed last week that they can be a lot better team when they play as one. the long road trip will be some trouble for the Generals so I look for them to start of slow and never really get into game form. special teams win this one for the force.
Force 29
Generals 26

Mustangs @ Blaze
A lose game really help a team out. I think the Blaze will come back ready to show the IFL that they are the team to beat. A good team bounces back from a lose. The Mustangs bounced back in a huge way but the Blaze are not the Panthers. The blaze have the best D in the league. The mustangs will struggle throwing the ball and will be picking up their QB all night. I see a blow out in this one.

Blaze 38
Mustangs 14

GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!!!
Hurricnaes @ Wolfpack
The canes are for real baby haha. They have enough talent in the right places to win. Good coaching staff and lots of heart. #10 Might be the best player in the league. The wolfpack will have a hard time stoping him. spending to much time on him will open up running lanes and lead to scores. Weekend of the upsets has happend!
Hurricanes 30
Wolfpack 27

Re: WEEK 3

THANKS FOR THE RESPECT SPORTS REPORTER! HOPEFULLY WE WONT LET YOU DOWN! GOOD LUCK PACK!

I get the feeling that on Sunday, Sports Reporter will be saying "Well damn was I wrong on the scores or what" again.

With the Wildcats having a 4 hour drive to the Shamrock, I would give the edge to the Shamrock in this one.

What just IFL games no MSFL or MCFL or any other league that a Indiana football team plays in besides the IFL.

No one posted any games. There was like 5 games posted in supa's link. If I get a list of game asap I will make some picks. I know we have some good Indiana teams playing this weekend in other leagues.

A list of all the games every week is posted on the INSPF site as well as here every week, but here is the list again.

GMFL
Bearcats @ St. Louis Kings
Greatlakes Wolfpack @ Illinois Pirates

IFL
Cutters @ Pirates
Generals @ Midwest Force
KC Mustangs @ Blaze
Panthers @ Hitmen
Hurricanes @ Wolfpack
Wildcats @ Shamrock

CRFL
Patriot @ Knights
Ohio Force @ Renegades
Raiders @ Blitz

MSFL
Stampede @ Linconway Patriots
Plowmen @ Steelers

NAFL
Tornadoes @ Saints
Yellowjackets @ Wolverines

Other
Outlawz @ IN Mustangs

so is it just me or can people agree with me the identity of sports reporter is becoming more clear. here is my thoughts:

1.) clearly he is involved or playing with the IFL... INSPF posts a link every single week with a schedule of games that are being played by all indiana teams. however, sports reporter only does predictions on the IFL games. just an idea i guess.

2.) not only is he involved with the IFL, but he either favors or plays for a team in the north. you can understand this point of mine when you see that he states the panthers will find out the NORTH division is tougher. just another observation.

i have looked through all of his posts and have a few more leads on ideas, but these 2 are the only ones i am almost positive on. therefore the only ones i will state, but give it a few more weeks and more theories will be posted.

no take a look at his old website http://www.freewebs.com/sportsreporter/ its real clear who he is and your north conclusion is wrong

I dont even think its the same person.

two weeks ago SR said he would be surprised if the Hitmen or Shamrock would win another game, so I don't think he's that high on us at lest.

I'm just glad people have FINALLY stopped saying I was the sports reporter!

Everyone knows that by day - I am simply a mild mannered reporter for a quaint metropolitan newspaper..

(oh crap, that STILL sounds like I am he..)

Hendricks

Dude...I had to read that twice...Did you say you were simple minded??

Canes #5 you guys have earned it.

IFL Fan - I have been wrong before & I will be wrong again. The force did beat the cutters like a picked so we will see.

Dolphin - Long trips do take a toll on teams but when you get beat 52-0 you got something to prove! The wildcats are better than that and will show it this weekend.

As for who I am I have no problem telling you who I am but only like 2% of the people on this site would know. I am not with any IFL team. I picked other league games for 3 years. I truly forgot about the CRFL and other Indiana teams. The IFL is the most talked about league on this site so it is easy to follow.

INSPF
A list of all the games every week is posted on the INSPF site as well as here every week, but here is the list again.

GMFL
Bearcats @ St. Louis Kings
Greatlakes Wolfpack @ Illinois Pirates

IFL
Cutters @ Pirates
Generals @ Midwest Force
KC Mustangs @ Blaze
Panthers @ Hitmen
Hurricanes @ Wolfpack
Wildcats @ Shamrock

CRFL
Patriot @ Knights
Ohio Force @ Renegades
Raiders @ Blitz

MSFL
Stampede @ Linconway Patriots
Plowmen @ Steelers

NAFL
Tornadoes @ Saints
Yellowjackets @ Wolverines

Other
Outlawz @ IN Mustangs

Just to clearify were not the Outlawz that are playing the IN Mustangs. Just wanted to clear that up so there is no confusion sense we are the only Outlawz I know with a Z at the end lol.

Well I was wrong on a few but close on a couple too.
Pirates are loudly making a name for the black & red by getting the win 40-35.

The Force lost 35-0.

The Blaze won big like I thought they would 32-22. Most of the Mustangs points came in the second half with not much to worry about.

Hitmen win 31 - 17. Still unbeat'n in the north. With a upset here or there they will make the play offs.

Now im not saying I told you so about the wildcats but Im just saying they did win 45-0!

Can't wait to see the rest of the canes and pack 3 pm.

Week 4 is going to be great.

Hitmen 30 - 13.

Sports reporter said this in his prediction
""special teams win this one for the force.""

You know,, you were right on this special teams played a big part in the win only thing wrong was the team that got the win. You implied that our special teams were not up to par so to speak you picked the Force special team to make a difference in the game, so we had a talk and thought we would give you a big WORD SANDWICH to chew on today.
On kickoffs the Force were always starting deep in their own territory, the coverage was excellant, when they attemped an onside kick to start the second half we were ready and recovered the kick.
Each week our special teams players have stepped it up a notch and that is all I ask, that they improve each week and work together as a team, so far that is just what they have done, the Wildcat game we had some kicking problems, but hey everyone can have a off night, congrats to Dave Clawson on a great kicking game yesterday and to all the special team players who work hard to truly make the special teams of the Generals special. I feel we have the one of the best special teams in the league.
Coach J

Close but no cigar on the Blaze game. We went up big in the 1st half, 29-0, and by mud fourth it was 29-22. The Mustangs drove to our 25 us line and got close for a tying score attempt, but we got a huge int that we took back to the 10 where we hit r final fg. They drove again to the 20 but a last pick sealed it.
I wouldn't say we were not worried, but we never gave in to the fear we may not win.

It started out like a blowout, but it certainly ain't end like one.

Hats off the the Mustangs who never gave up
and almost pulled it off.
Hats off to the Blaze for not falling apart and finishing the game right!!

Congrats Pirates. You got the offence going now.

Outlawz @ IN Mustangs

Does anyone have a final score for this game?

Outlawz @ IN Mustangs

Re: Outlawz @ IN Mustangs

That game never took place. It somehow one point or another ended up on my master schedule. It tough to keep track of 27 teams, and 5 leagues.