supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFFICIAL PREDICTION THREAD FOR 7/24- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW

Good Morning, SupaNation. Through the humid haze of a mid-summer morning, I can see the future: there is some great football on tap across the region. We're already getting an idea of which teams might be on the move and which dynasties may be in jeopardy. It's only July- but there are plenty of important contests. Let's get to them!

Tri County Raiders @ Miami County Blitz

The Raiders- along with their new league affiliation- come to North Miami HS to face a team with similar issues. Both the Blitz and the Raiders are thin in the trenches and have an offense that leaves a lot to be desired. The difference, of course, is experience and quality defense. The Blitz will score more on defense than the Raiders do on offense- and you can quote me on that.

Blitz 31
Raiders 0

Ohio Force @ Indy Renegades

The long shadow of Beef Maloy has left much of western Ohio in the darkness for the last few seasons. Refugees from the Warrior and Rage teams of old have struggled to find one team to stick to and build. The Force of Ritchea and Tater is just one of several teams who hopes to claim the mantle of the once proud tradition of the Beef. For several seasons, it has not come to be. There is a lot of talent on both Force squads, if fairly little chemistry. The Jury is still very much out on the Renegades, but one has to expect a tough road trip for the Force.

Renegades 16
Force 6

Indiana Patriot @ Allen County Dark Knights

It's hard to get a handle on how much these two clubs might be anything like they were in previous years. It's clear that the days of dominating the old MFL are behind the Patriot(s) and the Dark Knights are happy to be in a - shall we say - more flexible league than the one in which they suffered much and well. The actual athletes on these teams have changed a good deal over the past years, and while there are a lot of new faces, one has to give the nod to the program with a tradition of knowing how to win- and even how to lose. The Patriot will win this contest.

Patriot 20
Dark Knights 8

Wanee Hurricanes @ Noble County Wolfpack

If it remains an open question as to who will be the dominant squad in Western Ohio (I have my own opinions)- the question of semi-pro supremacy in Michiana has up to this point been anything but a cliffhanger. The Hurricanes have emerged as the premier power up to this point among the three squads in Elkhart County. They take a trip to a Wolfpack team who have very much arrived in 2010. The boys from Ligonier know that they might well be the very best team in the league's Northern Division. It's early, but we may be looking at the eventual battle for the North Division title. The first round goes to the hosts.

Wolfpack 20
Hurricanes 18

Kosciusco County Mustangs @ Battle Creek Blaze

The Mustangs have started more slowly than expected, but are not the kind of team to take their ball and go home. Over the course of the last 6 years, the Mustangs have emerged as the most consistently successful team in the league. The Blaze entered the league with high expectations, but thus far look like a second tier team. If the Mustangs are to make a real run at the North Division crown, they'll have to win up in the Cereal City. Unfortunately for them, that outcome is not likely.

Blaze 24
Mustangs 21

Indiana Generals @ Midwest Force

It's certainly true the the Force have exceeded expectations thus far in the 2010 season, but they've also made it clear that (up to this point at least) they'd hoped to get by on talent, rather than skill and execution. They've certainly got what it takes to rack up wins in the league based on match-ups alone. The bad news for them, whether they play host or not, is that they have to play a team this week with both talent and skill. The Generals' body of work thus far makes them the run-away favorite to take the IFL crown in 2010. The Force will be faced with a deep bench full of athletic and well prepared opponents. Just a bump in the road for the General war machine.

Generals 38
Force 9

Indiana Cutters @ Madison County Pirates

One has to wonder if the Cutters' brief period of domination has now passed. With a whole slew of retirements and other personnel changes, the boys from Bloomington are looking more vulnerable than ever before. A trip to Pendleton to see the Pirates might just be the turning point for the organization. The Pirates, perhaps more than any team in the league, have a long way to go to reach their potential. Whether or not they get closer to reaching it will go a long way in determining whether or not they will be a good- or perhaps great- team in 2010, and most importantly whether or not the Cutters will escape with a W.

Pirates 22
Cutters 14

West Central Wildcats @ Elkhart Shamrock

It was not so long ago that these two teams were the toast of the MFL. For different reasons and over a different period of time, each time finds themselves in a difficult position with a very competitive Divisional schedule and a sense that it may well be a long season. Both teams have big play talent but are still several pieces away from fielding the team they hoped they would be fielding this year. It's not clear where either team will end up by the end of the season, but it's clear that both are likely to fall far short of their ambitions. In a game like this, one has to give a significant advantage to the home team- and this game is no exception.

Shamrock 18
Wildcats 6

That's all we've got time for this week. Make sure to post your game scores and details whether your game got predicted or not. We all look forward to reading about your game and we all certainly hope that no matter what- you go out and make your mommas proud this weekend, gents.

And remember, nothing makes a momma prouder than consistent hydration when the weather is insano hot and humid- so do the right thing!

Re: OFFICIAL PREDICTION THREAD FOR 7/24- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW

Regarding your post about the ohio force and the renagades... Their are no more players playing from Malloys old Randolph Rage team. They have all retired.
And of all the DC Warriors that are still playing, tater and richea are the only ones on the ohio force. and there are only 6 others that have played at least one season with dc and they are on the midwest force.

Re: OFFICIAL PREDICTION THREAD FOR 7/24- POST SCORES AND DETAILS HERE- NOT BELOW

I have to disagree with this last post. I Ben Burnside played on Malloy's DCW crew and I am still playing. I am enjoying a great season with my Ohio Valley Warriors! Just thought I'd toss that out there.

burnside i didnt know you still checked out the boards man how have you been.

My apologies ben. A great player for the warriors, didnt know you were still playing. Any more want to come out of the wood work?? I do think that is it though.

GENERALS - 35
FORCE - 0

Force - 0
Renegades - 26

Wolfpack, Hurricanes game postponed due to lightening.
Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

How many players did the Force end up bringing to the Indianapolis Renegades game? Just curious.

Saw on Facebook Hitmen won 31-13 over Panthers and Pirates beat Cutters 40-35

Cutters vs. Pirates

With a big pass from both teams to end the first half it was 14 to 14. The Cutters came out after half firing on all cylinders and put up 14 unanswered points to take a 28 to 14 lead. The Pirates would not go quietly into the night however, we put up 26 unanswered points to take a 40 to 28 lead. The Cutters put one more score up in the closing minute to finalize the score at 40 to 35. Hats off to the Cutters for making the road trip and playing one of the best games i have been apart of.

Cutters 35
Pirates 40

The West Central Wilcats 45
The Elkhart Shamrock 0

Good Game Wildcats...

Phil Lloyd played for the midwest force today as well, Generals are extremely talented and have great execution. Loved playin against Gaddie n #10 again, was a blast, good luck wit the rest of your season... best wishes to your injured player as well!

ALLEN COUNTY DARK KNIGHTS 0
INDIANA PATRIOTS 72

Bearcats 13
Kings 12

Looks like Supa done pretty good again this week. How's he do it? Good luck to all teams next week. It looks like some tough battles are ahead.

Wolfpack 28
Hurricanes 25

Brian Clawson
Kicker/Punter
Noble County Wolfpack
WWJD

1st Delphos Dark Knights then the Ada Dark Knights now the Allen County Dark Knights >>>> Good Luck Shep !

I am still looking for the score of the Yellowjackets game vs the Chicago Wolverines.

Can anyone clarify the score of the Wolfpack / Hurricane game as I found this article from the Noble Co newspaper this morning. Its titled -

Wolfpack lose, 28-25
The Noble County Wolfpack semipro football team lost its first game of the season Sunday, a 28-25 barnburner to the Wanee Hurricanes of Elkhart County.

No the Wolfpack won over the Hurricanes 28-25

In case you missed it:

Lima Warriors 81
Mansfield Marauders 8

all i can say is WOW two games last saturday have big points put up Pats hag 72 and the warriors hag 81 oh and we got smoked 35-0

Just throwing this out there..

if many of you didnt no/see,

the hitmen won 31-13..

at halftime.. it was stopped due to sever-storms/weather