supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TIME CLOCK RULES......

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IT THE RULES FAR AS INCOMPLETE PASS......DOES THA CLOCK STOP OR NOT......BECAUSE FROM WAT I HEAR OR WAT HAPPEN TO US IS THAT ONCE THE BALL IS INCOMPLETE THE CLOCK STOPS UNTIL THE BALL IS RESET AND THEN IT KEEPS GOIN...DOESNT THA CLOCK SUPPOSE TO STOP PERIOD UNTIL THE BALL IS HIKED....WILL SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME.....THANKS.....

Re: TIME CLOCK RULES......

Incomplete Passes / Spiking the Ball
•Furthermore, according to NFL Rules regarding clock stoppage, the clock stops every time a quarterback (QB) throws an incomplete pass. This allows for a QB to throw a ball away during a drive to save a few precious seconds, or spike the ball into the ground to force a stoppage of play. Of course, in both cases, a down is expended in the process.

I believe this is at all times

The big question here is... is the IFL playing with ANY/ALL of the NFL rules???

IMHO, IF they are playing with a significant number of NFL rules, this becomes part of the officiating problem. THERE IS NO WAY that these guys will be competent!

The first place you should take a question like this is to your Head Coach and then next Asst. Coach.

Also, as I recall, when I still had access to the forum, I recall seeing the 2010 IFL Playing Rule Amendments. I don't recall IF this item was included but since I was not coaching, I did not look closely.