supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IFL and Officials

I just wanted to let everyone know that the IFL DOES have a process in place to monitor and improve officiating in the league. Just because league officials aren't on this message board posting every five minutes doesn't mean things are not being done. Our head of officials is held responsible for how well his refs know the IFL rules and how they treat the players and coaches. Each week the IFL teams file reports on the officials, and these reports are discussed with the head of officials. We also urge teams to send in video of specific issues they have. It is difficult to try to address situations when all we get is whining about refs being bias or "sucking". The league and head of officials need to actually see what is going on, and for that, they rely on the individual teams. If you are an IFL player and you have a serious issue with how games are being called, GO TO YOUR COACH or IFL REP and ask them to send in video to the league for review. Don't get on Supafan and bitch. This board is good for passing on information, ideas and opinions. It will NEVER be used to "get things changed" in a league. There are proper channels to do that, so please use those channels. Again, the IFL uses those channels to separate the serious issues with just idle complaints.

Officiating will never be perfect...just like coaches and players will never be perfect. The IFL works closely with officials to try to get as close as possible to a perfect game. I will say that the IFL has changed up rules a couple of times over the past two years, and I admit that it is confusing to me as a team rep, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I will admit that doesn't put IFL officials in the best position either, trying to learn it's third set of rules in two years.

I just ask that you work on playing and coaching the game, and stop getting on here trying to encite some uprising against the officials. If they are THAT BAD, then go to your team rep and ask him to send film with the weekly report. Let's do our part to make the league better, rather than get on this message board and spout off about it.

And let me end by saying, "San Dimas High School Football Rules!!!!"

Re: IFL and Officials

Troy Edwards
And let me end by saying, "San Dimas High School Football Rules!!!!"

EXCELLENT!!! haha