supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
playoffs

have any ifl teams clinched or been eliminated from playoffs yet?

Re: playoffs

I could NOT resist.

in the north the shamrock and panthers have been and in the south the cutters have been eliminated

Supa, the thing was I was thinking about this before I even saw your response...

Unlike myself - this never gets old.

Hendricks

I don't see how the Cutters are eliminated...

They are 1-3, they automatically win next week because of a forfeit, and then they can potentially win the rest of there games to go 5-3.

They are more than likely to go 4-4 than 5-3, I just don't see them beating the Generals. But, couldn't they make the playoffs with a 4-4 record assuming other teams in the south don't do as hot in the 2nd half of the season???

Thats what Im trying to figure out. Just for arguments sake on behalf of the Cutters, The Pirates are 2-2, The Force are 1-3, and the Cutters are 1-3. I know that the Pirates and the Force have the tie-breaker on the Cutters because they beat them. Now lets say that the Pirates and the Force lose HALF of thier remaining games. That makes the Pirates 4-4, and the Force 3-5. If the Cutters win out they will be 5-3 and IN the playoffs. Hell throw in a lot of IFS and they could be the #2 SEED!! So please tell me if thats how it went down - and ANYTHING can happen! Hell if you throw the Wildcats and the Outlawz losing all their remaining games- then if it looked like this- The Cutters would have the #2 seed:

Generals 6-1
Cutters 5-3
Pirates 4-4
Outlawz 3-5
Wildcats 3-5
Force 3-5
Raiders 0-7

How are the Cutters out? Dont get me wrong, thier are a lot of IFS here and I do not think the Cutters will be make the playoffs this year, but how can INSPF say that the Cutters have been eliminated when this clearly is not the case - how do they say "don't count your chickens before they hatch"!

because overall record has nothing to do with who makes playoffs. its all up to division record. pirates have more remaining games left in the division thean cutters who only have one who is vs generals and lets be honest. they lost 17-0 to wildcats who lost to generals 52-0

any more questions?

So a team with an overall better record in the IFl may be behind a team with a worse overall record because they won more division games??? That is just plain retarded. So if the Cutters finished 5-3 and the pirates finished 4-4, the Pirates get in and the Cutters do not? How does that make any sense? I dont even like the Cutters, I just think that is ass backwards.

Simple, because not every team shares like opponents except divisional games. Happens in the NFL too. The overall record comes in to play on the 1st or 2nd in the tie breakers.

What NFL are you watching? Division winner is the one with the best overall record. In the event of a tie THEN the best division record wins.

Cutter whatever it is that you were eating or drinking when you posted this let me know what is is cause I just have to get me a supply, it has to be the most mind altering substance ever made.
The Cutters win out they play the Generals on the 14th and we all know the bad blood connected with that game, then they have to travel to Michigan to play the Blaze who will treat them almost as bad as the Generals and then they will close out this season at home against a Hurricane team that can and has played very good football all season.
You say win out please give us a break.
There was a thread very early this season that asked the question of how the Cutters would do with the new coaching staff, I think the season so far has answered that question.

The Mora rant is very symbolic of the Force's season thus far...I am old enough to remember him making the comment as well, as I am a Colts fan.

Im not saying that the Cutters will make the playoffs, or even win another game. All I am stating is that as of right now they are not eliminated. Except I didnt know that division record trumps overall record. Which I am still scratching my head over.

IFL FAN - YOU SIR ARE A DOUCHEBAG!

Hahaha. CUTTER.. u r correct.. IFL FAN is a D BAG

While nobody may be officially eliminated yet, the Hitmen, Panthers and Shamrock will be the ones likely to watch the playoffs from the sidelines in the North and the Cutters and Force from the south.

You were say'n IFL fan? Hitmen 5-1, clinched playoffs

Congrats on making the playoffs. Now focus on winning while your in them.