supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Respect each other and the game

First off let me say that this is not a thread meant to start any rumblings it is simply just saying what is on my mind in regard to respect, I'm not a writer and never have tried to be but I do enjoy this board and yes I even enjoy some of the drama on here but even that can get old in short order.
Each week we all look forward to Saturday and it being game day, we may not be playing at home and we may not be playing on the best field, or the newest field but at least the players will be strapping on the pads and the coaches will be coaching.
Each team has at least one team that they consider arch rivals and that sometimes can make for a game with high emotions, just remember to keep those emotions in check no matter how much you dislike or even hate someone on the field or other sideline, show class and dignity, we all must strive to do that, forget the past you will get farther in life if you always look ahead and never look back.
I know there are players who are watching games this season from the bleachers or maybe a sideline, that would love to be playing, but can't play due to injury or maybe even a work schedule, so for those who are playing this weekend do yourself and your team proud, when you walk out onto that field take a moment and think about those who would love to be there with you but can't maybe dedicate the game to an old friend or former team mate, maybe a loved one that is no longer with you here on earth.
Remember there are children who look up to you, and attend your games, you the players, are heros in their eyes, don't let emotions get the best of you. Play every game, and each play, as it is your last, because quite frankly, nobody ever truly knows when their last play will be, and that includes coaches, be a leader and set a great example for your players, life is short and our football days are limited. Some day you will be watching a game thinking that you wished you were still involved.
We won't agree with every call that is made, but we need to accept it and move on, over the course of a season things tend even out not, all calls will go against you even though you may feel as though they do.
Go out there this Saturday, and it doesn't matter if there are 20 in the stands or 200, they came to see a football game not a bunch of arguing, give them a show and have them leave thinking about the great football game they just witnessed.Represent your leagues well, set the standard high for those that will fllow next year.
I hope everyone has a great injury free game tomorrow.
Good Luck to everyone players, coaches and officials.
Yes I included the officials because without them we wouldn't have any games now would we.

Re: Respect each other and the game

Well said !!!

I couldn't have said it better. I have seen some pretty ugly things at this level and have always tried to conduct myself in a gentlemanly manner on the field, in meetings, and on here. I probably haven't always achieved that, but I tried. Everyone should remember that it's just a game. The guy across from you, the official, the fan in the stand all have a job to go to on Monday. They have family and friends that care about them the same as you do. Good luck to all teams in all leagues this weekend.
Be safe.

Thanks for posting this. Just a reminder that the game is a gift- and that we should all treat it as such.