supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sportsmanship

The season has seen its ups and downs so far and with a game that is so emotion packed that is to be expected.
In sports every team has a rival some are pretty intense, but in reality every team has that one team they want really pound everytime they play.
What we all must understand is this, we need no let me say we MUST keep our emotions under control, I know sometimes it is a hard thing to do, and at this level with people always changing teams or leagues it just makes it harder to do sometimes.
Those with class are the ones that find a way to not cross that line. You may despise someone but at least show them and their fans respect when on the field, I can assure you that one moment can change how people look at you and feel about you for the rest of your life. We ahave all at one time or another "lost it" it happens guys and when it does does it BEHIND you, as someone else said always forward you will go farther.
Don't allow hate to dictate what you say or do be better than that.
People enjoy getting on these boards and talking smack and that is fine just keep it civil and remember that line it is easy to cross it and it is very easy to get caught up in hype, but isn't hype what creats the bigger crowds and helps pay for all the fees and costs involved in semi-pro football, so hyype it up use it to get the fans in the stands.
In semi-pro it is so funny how people can get so worked up over another team or person, with all the changing of teams and such your arch rival might be your team-mate next season, one year you are up and the next you are down,just remember the old saying what goes around comes around, enjoy each season as it might just very real be your last.
There are many people who look forward to Saturday and watching their favorite team play, some drive many miles in a season to support you, children look to the players as heroes, you all must realize that and set not just a good example but a great example.
So feel free to hype your games and talk the smack on the boards and such, but when it is game time let your pads do the talking and even though you aren't getting paid, play the game like a professional.
Semi-pro football is something that I truly enjoy watching and being a small part of and as soon as the game is over on any given Saturday night I start looking forward to the next weekends game.