supaheader

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Playoff Picture

I have heard different things about how the playoffs work. I seen that playoffs are based off of division records and that 3 teams from each division will be eliminated. With that being said I got bored and made up a list of the division records for the teams.

I will list the conference records in the following format for the North.

Team, Current record, At best Record, Worse possible record

Pack-.............4-0, 6-0, 4-2

Hitmen-........3-1, 5-1, 3-3

Blaze-............4-1, 5-1, 4-2

Hurricanes- 2-2, 4-2, 2-4

Mustangs-...1-3, 3-3, 1-5

Panthers-.....1-4, 2-4, 1-5

Rock-.............0-4, 2-4, 0-6

The format for the South will be a little different since I dont know how the Raiders situation will work.

Team, current record, with Raider forfeit, At best, At worse

Generals- 4-0, 4-0, 6-0, 4-2

Wildcats-.. 3-1, 3-1, 5-1, 3-3

Outlawz-... 3-1, 3-1, 5-1, 3-3

Cutters-.... 2-3, 2-3, 3-3, 2-4

Pirates-.... 2-2, 3-2, 4-2, 3-3

Force-...... 1-4, 2-4, 2-4, 2-4

Based on those records I believe the Wolfpack, Blaze and Generals have clinched a playoff spot and the Force have been eliminated since they wont be able to get 3 conference wins like 4 of the other south teams. I also believe the Rock and Panthers are eliminated since the Hurricanes have head to head over both of them. I welcome any input as to what you think of this as I am not positive on any of it. I am also not sure if the division record and 3 teams eliminated is even what the playoffs are based on.

Re: Playoff Picture

Pretty nicely thought out.. I'm pretty sure the top 4 teams make the playoffsx example in the north.. The wolfpack.. R in "first" for now.. The blaze r currently tied with us, the HITMEN for 2nd.. And the hurricanes r 3rd.. Even with the blaze or hitmen losing te next 3.. Well b the top 4 teams.. Hense we make the playoffs..

We r currently ahead of the blaze by "points" allowed.. So they haven't "sealed" a for sure playoff picture if ur going by ur stats/predictions I believe,,? But correct me if I am wrong.. I was wondering the same as you are about the playoffs...

Any team that had the raiders on their schedule receives a 2-0 win. You have some teams with the wrong record and you seem to be missing a game for your worst/best possible scenario thing. Like you have the Cutters at 2-3 which is right but you have the Wildcats at 3-1 and they should be 4-1 and Generals at 4-0 when they should be 5-0. I like the idea you're giving out but you got to get the record/stats right.

I think that the Pack, Hitmen and Blaze have all clinched there spot. The Pack and Blaze have 4 conference wins at the moment and the only team that has the chance to get to 4 wins is the Hurricanes but the Pack and Blaze both have head to head wins over the Hurricanes. The Hitmen have 3 conference wins now and if the Mustangs were to win out, they would have 3 wins as well however the Hitmen have head to head over the Mustangs which gives them the clinch. It comes down to the Hurricanes and Mustangs for the other playoff spot.

???
Any team that had the raiders on their schedule receives a 2-0 win. You have some teams with the wrong record and you seem to be missing a game for your worst/best possible scenario thing. Like you have the Cutters at 2-3 which is right but you have the Wildcats at 3-1 and they should be 4-1 and Generals at 4-0 when they should be 5-0. I like the idea you're giving out but you got to get the record/stats right.

The at best/worst will have 6 games and they all do. He only counted divisonal games. One of the Generals and Wildcats wins were from out of division teams so the Generals are 4-0 in the division and the Wildcats are 3-1 in the division.

ok if I see this right in the south the cutter can go 3-3 however at the worse the pirates go 3-3 but they have the win over the cutter so that puts them in and the cutter force and raiders out correct? Because you go off of division the the tie breaker is the game against the other right? So the te four teams in te play offs would be the generals outlaws wildcats pirates correct?

I think you are right about the Pirates being in, but IF the Cutters were to win out and the Outlawz lost the rest of there games they would both be 3-3 and the Cutters Beat the Outlawz earlier. So I think its between the Cutters and Outlawz right now for the last spot. But with the Cutters playing the Generals this week, it will probably be the Outlawz.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Pirates or the Outlaws. They still have to play the Wildcats whose D has played great since the Generals. I still think the Cutters have a great chance even though they still play the Generals.

Help me understand please...

By chance...

The Generals win out (they are quite the package so I see it happening) so 8-0. The Wildcats win-out, could happen, they are loaded as well....NOW, say if the Outlaws finish 4-4, the Cutters 2-6, the Pirates 3-5, and the Force 4-4...who makes the playoffs...EVEN THOUGH THE FORCE WOULD NOT WIN THE 3 conference/division games, yet have a better record than the Pirates, would they be the 4th seed, or would the Pirates even though they would only have 3 wins...help me out here, I tried lookin' at this stuff this morning when I was tired...

overall record means nothing, it goes off division record and then head to head

Overall record means nothing!??! So what's the point of keeping standings? So if you have a team win 2 out of conference games and 2 conference games and finish 4 and 4, but a team wins 3 conference games and lose the rest, then the team WITH LESS WINS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?!!? Hmm...Ok.

Why would you complain about it now? It is what it is and conference wins are what counts. Cross divisional games don't count unless there are tie breakers needed. If you dont like it, address it in the offseason to the league.

yeah all of our team reps and espcially the league presidents have failed us miserably this season. i thought we were trying to build credibilty to the league and make it more competitive. instead you make it a 14 team league and only 8 games. ridiculous. i hope the league reps dont make this same mistake next season or the ifl will never get the credit it suppossedly deserves. i know the majority of players in the league would agree to add more games. if the players matter at all, which they should.

You know much has been said in regard to the I.F.L and its leadership and quite frankly since Troy left there plain and simple hasn't been any.
There was an addition the year that Troy left, they came in guns blazing and on a mission to make changes,even tried to get the all-star game cancelled ( happened the next year ) and just look at what has happen in those two years,
#1 NO ALL-STAR GAME that the players really enjoyed.
#2 There has been more griping about the rules and officials not knowing them, than other years.
#3 Takes a genious to figure out the playoff picture.
#4 The Championship moved to a "site in the North and then next year to a site in the South whatever happened to the NUMBER 1 seed hosting it that used to be the reward for having the number 1 seed.
The league needs to stop giving in to every whim of a couple teams and someone stand up and be a leader.
Looking at the leagues board members one can see that three of the four are affliated with the K.C. Mustangs.
Maybe that is why the schedule is kind of in a funk like why do the Generals travel to Bloomington two years in a row and the Cutters are traveling to Michigan two years in a row, what happened to home and away.
The I.F.L. is a great league and has a great core of teams but this season is not one that they should look on as a good year, with the teams only getting 7 games in the regular season.
This must improve and it starts at the top if there isn't improvement there then what you have seen this year and last year is what you will see next year.
A couple teams even complained about this board and had gripes about it so much so that the league removed the link to this board from there links section, at least I don't see it anymore and I may not speak for everyone but I happen to enjoy this site and the posts that pop on it from time to time yes sometimes things get a little out of hand but if and when that happens Supa corrects it and in some cases deletes it rather quickly.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If people expressing their opinion bothers you then don't read the board I tell all my friends about this site I enjoy it and the weekly predictions as well keep up the good work Supa.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone needs to realize that the IFL is a Democracy. The amount of "Power" held by the President of the IFL is very limited. All decisions that are made are discussed and voted on by ALL THE TEAMS in the league. Votes only pass with a majority vote, so that means most of the teams in the league had to agree on these issues.

Is the league perfect? No. Is any league perfect? No...but WE work to get it as close as possible.

If every team had a vote and approved all of this, then the team reps need to be held accountable for their decisions. Players, take it up with them.

With several teams already having a playoff spot and several already being out of playoffs, It looks like the pressure is on for home field advantage.

ppl.we are in freakin week six of eight. what was done by the league has been done! everyone new the playoff system before the season opener. grant it that not everyone understood it! so its been time to let the players play, the coaches coach, and the refs ref! lets stop with the KNEE JERKING PEOPLE! if you don't like it make sure first and fore most your team gets into the league next year, and then make sure that your team has reps at every meeting, and make sure your team trys to make the changes it feels are needed. until then play ball.

if all else fails go to the CRFL then you WILL be in playoffs

Fan
With several teams already having a playoff spot and several already being out of playoffs, It looks like the pressure is on for home field advantage.

Some teams in the IFL are starting to get some national attention. The Generals #17 and the Wolfpack #31 both have a legit chance to go undefeated and win the IFL title. If that happens then their is a chance that they will go to nationals. So there is more pressure for some teams other than home field advantage. As for both team actually being undefeated in the championship - I doubt it. The wolfpack have an easier schedule to end the year, and the Generals have Cutters, Outlawz, and Hitmen. Watch out for the Cutters - this could be a trap game for the Generals if they let their emotions to get to them - that and the Cutters are fighting for their palyoff lives! Dont be surprised by an upset!

Who cares if every team doesnt make the playoffs? From my experiences the last team in usually doesnt show up at their game anyways. This way the teams that need to work on improving their team doesnt have to worry about travel expenses. Last year the last team in was 1-7 or something like that. This year the last team in should have a winning record and at least a shot. It makes since to me.

I think the IFL hit it right on the head this year regarding the playoffs, first off they made division games count which is great when you have teams all over the state and Ohio.
I can recall like many have said already the last place teams never showing up for their first round games and that wasn't good for anyone.
I think with only the top 4 teams making the playoffs it will make for some great games this year.
This has been a very different year in the IFL for sure you have two new member teams standing at 4-1 in the North don't forget the Wildcats they are also in their first IFL season and are right behind the Generals in the South at 4-1
I just don't get it a team gets blasted like they did at the Generals and haven't lost since that game must have been a wake up call.
To ALL ME you say don't be surprised by an UPSET what are you drinking, the only that will be upset this weekend in Bloomington will be those who have to see the score board for 4 quarters

leaders need to lead,
what year are you talking about and whats your point?

#4 The Championship moved to a "site in the North and then next year to a site in the South whatever happened to the NUMBER 1 seed hosting it that used to be the reward for having the number 1 seed.

Do you know what you are talking about?
#1 NO ALL-STAR GAME that the players really enjoyed.

I played in every IFL all star game and 5 out of 6 championships to be honest I had some of the most fun all year at the all star games, BUT the last couple years it was held teams started to NOT send their "all stars" ie. (mercer co. cougars every year except 1 they skipped also the thunder who sent guys who were out all year due to surgery and were NOT "all stars")

Kurt

Troy Edwards
Everyone needs to realize that the IFL is a Democracy. The amount of "Power" held by the President of the IFL is very limited. All decisions that are made are discussed and voted on by ALL THE TEAMS in the league. Votes only pass with a majority vote, so that means most of the teams in the league had to agree on these issues.

Is the league perfect? No. Is any league perfect? No...but WE work to get it as close as possible.

"All decisions that are made are discussed and voted on by ALL THE TEAMS in the league"

"DEMOCRACY MADE EASY"

Why are teams allowing the president, vice president, and secretary to be affiliated with the same team?? Just my opinion... why?

I'm sure they will say it is tough to find and keep reliable people in the board. BULLSHIT

http://www.interstatefootballleague.com/board.html

Whats going on with the pres/vp all that stuff is not a democracy at all.What they say go they make up there own bs rules when they want they.

I hope LET ME make this clear I hope the mustangs make the playoffs this year.God would I love to play them.

Yeah,,,those darn Mustang's... Look at all the advantages they got this year!!! Let's kick their butts,, Now, what are the advantages they got so far again?

I traveled to each monthly meeting, save the final one. All of the issues mentioned here were discussed, at length, then settled by a vote of ALL teams. While the executive board provided leadership, they did not dictate the outcome of the votes. Everyone was free to voice their opinion, including the new teams, which we appreciated.

This league may not be perfect...yet, but I see great potential for stability and we hope for long tenure with the IFL.

kurtis
I traveled to each monthly meeting, save the final one. All of the issues mentioned here were discussed, at length, then settled by a vote of ALL teams. While the executive board provided leadership, they did not dictate the outcome of the votes. Everyone was free to voice their opinion, including the new teams, which we appreciated.

This league may not be perfect...yet, but I see great potential for stability and we hope for long tenure with the IFL.

you traveled to all of the meetings... GREAT im glad
the executive board provided leadership Great im glad
all teams had a vote Great im glad

I never once said anything to contradict these events.

this league may not be perfect... i hear it all the time!

i never mentioned any team. the meaning of my post was not to attack anyone just to bring up a few topics from the previous post

bring something to the table, dont tell us how you went to the meeting tell the people what went on at the meeting.

or just continue to keep it classified and let whomever speculate on whats going on.

Kurt

Kurt, this is your belly....shutup

hi belly

Really? I would've thought Kurt's belly would've been telling him.... "Give me a beer!" LOL j/k

How did this weekends games work torwards the playoff picture?

I am not positive, but I am pretty sure the top 4 teams are the Mustangs, Blaze, Wolfpack, and Hitmen. The Wolfpack and Hitmen game will decide who is the 1 and 2 seed. The Blaze will be the 3 seed. The Mustangs will finish 3 and 3 in the north as will the Hurricanes. Mustangs however will fall in the number 4 seed, with a head to head win. Therefore here is the playoff scenarios, depending on the Hitmen@Wolfpack game.

*IF....Hitmen Win-

Mustangs@Hitmen

Blaze@Wolpack

*IF....Wolfpack Win-

Mustangs@Wolfpack

Blaze@Hitmen

its also official in the south, top 4 will be generals, wildcats, outlaws and pirates. cutters have no more division games and pirates have tie breaker over force.

Watching the Cutter General game last night I was very impressed by the class exhibited by all members of both teams.
The Cutters scored two quick touchdowns and were pumped up,but the Generals didn't panic they stuck with their game plan and put up 28 unanswered points or something like that, there was alot of hard hitting on both sides of the ball and lots of good sportsmanship. Congrats to both teams and thank you for an exciting evening of hard fought football. The Generals won the game in the end 42-28 but both teams represented their organizations well.

if most of the topics brought up by engleking were discussed by the board... was the all star game discussed and is there any progress?